• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Psionicle: Animus' Quest

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
You rest, unable to muster the strength to lift the bowl. As the day passes by, you feel strength slowly returning; by sundown, you are able to eat.

OoC: 1 strength back, putting you at 1.

-----

Amaryllis returns, and it is - by your estimate - around two in the morning. You are awakened by the opening and shutting of the door.

She opens your door, and sees that you're awake. "You're up. And eating." She says simply, taking a look at the bowl. "That's good... I have something for you."

She brings forth a flask from her coat, filled with a sky-blue liquid. "I did well tonight. I asked around before the game if there was anything I could do for you, to help you get better, and this is the answer I got."

She hands you the bottle. "If you drink that, you'll feel better, I guess."

Creamsteak

Explorer
Animus is worried for a minute... what if it's poison? Or something worse?

"Couldn't be much worse off than I am now... hah... all they'd have to do is drag me wherever they want."

Animus will drink what's in the bottle.

Also, is my hp restored for the day, 5 points? I imagine that's enough to get my health full again.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
OoC: Correct on the HP, sorry about that - I forgot you had taken damage.

You drink the contents of the flask, and instantly feel better (Healed 3 strength) - certainly not as well as you did before the fight with the goblin, but better than you were last night.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Animus stands up from the bed and moves around a bit. He re-fires the mindlink power. "That helped tremendously. I'm not nearly back to my full strength, but now I can at least move around."

He pauses... "Who was the man that came here, presumably looking for me?"

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Amaryllis shrugs. "That was Larkalth. He's a goblin; works for some of the big boys in the gaming industry. He's their assassin, I suppose you could say. He takes out people who prove to be troublesome... hence why we know each other so well." She smiles. "I'm one of the people they're watching very closely. They think I'm cheating, because I do so well; and if they ever caught me doing it, they'd send Larkalth after me. He knows my routine so well, I wouldn't have a chance."

"But I don't know why he would be after you. I mean, you're not from Koltir, right? You said you came in from a ship. So unless he's got other work, I don't see a connection. I suppose it's possible, but..." She shrugs.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Animus
"Heh... you'd suppose wouldn't you."

Amaryllis shrugs. "I don't know."

Animus
"So what kind of games do you play? And why is it that you do so well?"

"Simple card games." She says with a smile. "As for why I do so well... matter of luck and skill. My father was a gambler, too, and before he died he taught me a lot. I went with him everywhere, so I picked up quite a bit that way, too. So I'd say it's mostly skill, with a little luck. Runs in the family, I guess."

Creamsteak

Explorer
"So I guess I'm here as another gamble. Well, hopefully some of your luck rubs off for me, the cards havn't been the absolute best for me in the past."

Animus ponders possibly formulating a plan. "So is that goblin your friend, or is he more of a rather disliked acquaintaince?"

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Animus
"So is that goblin your friend, or is he more of a rather disliked acquaintaince?"

"Acquaintance would be a better way to put it." Amaryllis says, grimacing slightly. "He shows up every now and then as a reminder that I should be careful. He's told me straight up that, if he's hired to, he would take me out without a second thought. He's not exactly the friendliest person I've met in Koltir, that's for sure."

Remove ads