The Psionicle: Animus' Quest

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Initiative
Animus - 12
Goblin - 7

You take a quick step through the doorway to reach the goblin (5 ft. step), and, charging the dagger, stab the goblin with it (6 + 3 = 9), but the dagger lacks enough force to penetrate the goblin's armor. You then focus your psionic energies (15 + 13 = 28).

The goblin takes a quick step back (5 ft. step), draws another dagger, and throws it at you. This one skids beneath your feet along the ground and thuds into a chair leg (Miss).

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Battle at the Airdocks, Round VI

Initiative
Animus - 12
Goblin - 7

You take a quick step towards the goblin (5 ft. step), and, charging the dagger, stab the goblin with it (11 + 3 = 14), but the goblin dodges nimbly out of the way. You then focus your mental energy (Concentration: 10 + 13 = 23, successful).

The goblin takes a quick step back (5 ft. step), draws yet another dagger from the folds of its cloak, and throws it at you. This time, though, it cleanly hits the center of your chest (1 damage), and you feel the burn of the paste once again - but you lack the mettle to fight it off (Fort save: 11 + 5 = 16, failure), and you feel the strength flee your limbs (4 strength damage).

Code:
[color=white]------------
| S   |c   |
|     | cdc|
|  c    c  |
|  c A|----|
|  cc     c|
|  c G    c|
|  c    ccc|
|         c|
| dd  dd  c|
|  d  d    |
----[]------[/color]

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
How many more of these knives does he carry? Damn...

Animus will move into the space to the south of the goblin and use the fighting defensively action in conjunction with his attack.

AC 17
-3 to hit, 1d3+1 damage

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Battle at the Airdocks, Round VII

Initiative
Animus - 12
Goblin - 7

You run around the goblin (Move action), positioning yourself behind him. You then take a stab at him (14 - 3 = 11), but your attack lacks the force needed to inflict any damage.

The goblin turns and steps away from you (5 ft. step), draws another dagger, and throws it at you - and this one connects squarely once again (1 damage). More of the burning liquid seeps into your wounds (Fort save: 11 + 5 = 16, failure), making you feel even weaker than before (4 strength damage).

Code:
[color=white]------------
| S   |c   |
|     | cdc|
|  c    c  |
|  c  |----|
|  ccG    c|
|  c      c|
|  c A  ccc|
|         c|
| dd  dd  c|
|  d  d    |
----[]------[/color]

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Bye short man. I might be weak, but I'm still faster than you. I just hope the door isnt' locked. And I REALLY don't want there to be more goons on the other side.

Animus takes 20 feet of movement to the door, a move action to open it, and 20 feet (with burst) of movement afterwards. I'm not sure what the next room or corridor looks like though, so I can't exactly say in what direction. I would assume towards the nearest exit from that room.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Battle at the Airdocks, Round VIII

Initiative
Animus - 12
Goblin - 7

You dash for the door, pausing only long enough to open it. Once outside, you find yourself in a street. Moonlight from the two moons above shows you that the immediate vicinity is deserted... there are few shadows that someone could be hiding in.

As the door slowly closes behind you, you can see the goblin heading after you, drawing a dagger. As the door begins to fully close, he throws it at you, but you hear it make a thudding sound in the hard wood of the door as it latches.

-----

The street you're in is roughly twenty feet wide. There are a multitude of buildings here, with the street being roughly straight. In the distance, you can make out a few large towers grouped together, towards the center of the city; they look to be a mile or so off, though it's difficult to judge distance with the city being so crowded and dark.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Good so far... lets hope stubby legs can't keep up.

Animus will move towards the supposed center of the city at full running speed, using his second power point on burst.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
You dash down the street, in the direction that you hope will lead you to the center of the city.

The street you started on was relatively straight, but you soon find that this is not the norm - many of the others you see are crooked, or have turns in them, or zigzag their way through the city. It is quite difficult to find your way.

After only a pair of streets, you feel the residual traces of the liquid in your first wound spread (Fort save: 5 + 5 = 10, failure), causing you to nearly stumble as the weakness spreads to your legs (3 strength damage).

Eventually, however, you find that the city is arrayed in a circle, apparently with the largest towers as the central hub - and that there are spokes in this circle. The widest road you come across is also the straightest, and will apparently give you a straight shot to the towers from where you are. However, you still feel the liquid burning in your wounds, its presence lingering and threatening to strike again.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Stubby won't be able to get here for a few more seconds... I've got to find some place to take cover... oh no...

Animus considers that he just went running through a city and is now bleeding from three wounds, and his armor is now actually encumbring him.

I can't afford an inn... I can't go to the hospitalers or any healers... I need to find my sister... And I need a real weapon...

Animus realizes that he's been in very similar circumstances more than once before. He puts the goblins dagger into his belt and starts working his way towards the marketplace (looking for the most crowded streets of the city). "Well, I've never been much for stealing, but one must make do. Or, perhaps, I can find someone with an interest against Ratehquar... who knows at this point."

Remove ads