The Quintessential SH Pimpin' Thread

Enkhidu

Explorer
Well, I see that there are quite a few newer threads in the forum, and it seems like as good a time as any to start a pimpin' thread.

If you do decide to jump on board, please follow these guidelines:

1. Write a simple paragraph about your SH, and tell what style of story telling you are using (1st person, 3rd person, pulp, or anything else you can think of...)

2. Only pimp your own story hour once.

3. If you have more than one story hour, pimp each one in a separate post.

4. Feel free to pimp other people's story hours (if you plan on pimpin' other people's story hours, please pimp threads with under 10,000 views - the big boys are pimped out enough already! If you simply must pimp one of the big boys, by all means do - but I don't think we need everyone doing so).

The idea will be to get some of the newer, lesser known threads some exposure.

I'll start the first one off in it's own post just as an example.

Enkhidu

Explorer
Small Beginnings Story Hour

Check out the Small Beginnings story hour here!

Join Enkhidu and D'Shai as they relate a tale of small town heroes destined for greatness in Small Beginnings! This campaign takes place in a homebrew world and uses the lSunless Citadel, from WotC, as a springboard for the action. This roleplay-heavy campaign is told in the old serial style. Enjoy

Last edited:

Tuerny

First Post
Weird Titan cults. Odd magic. Corruption, sometimes in the hearts of those who appear noble. Virtue, sometimes in the hearts of those twisted. Monsters that are monstrous. Magic items that are not neccessarily common, but interesting - sometimes even low on the magic. Wealth that is actually valuable. Interesting NPC's. No quests that involve the ultimate evil - be that Mormo or whatever. It might be in the background but that does not mean it will be encountered.

That is what one of my players described as wanting in a Scarred Lands campaign. By Corean I plan to fufill that in a narrative format that stays as close to the actual sessions as possible. :)

Check it out through my sig. :)

Sniktch

First Post
City of the Spider Queen

Follow a group of strange individuals as they battle their way into the Underdark to combat a new threat to the surface world. Tons of undead, drow, and illithids will stop at nothing to see our heroes dead... if they don't kill each other first.

Follow the link from my sig, and then...

EDIT: Ack! One of my posts disappeared from this thread! How does that happen?

Until recently, the next post in this thread said something like:

"See how it all began! Journey back to the beginning and join Welby Hilltopple, Stumpwater Jack, Artimas Sendant and company as they hack their way through every challenge. Will they survive an evil DM and their own infighting to take their places as heroes of legend or will they tear themselves apart?

Check my Prelude link below to find out!"

Honestly, though, can anyone tell me where my post disappeared to? Does this sort of thing happen often? I don't want any of my actual story posts do disappear since I have them scattered between home and the office.

Last edited:

Seule

Explorer
Seule's Freeport Storyhour

http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28660

The story is set in a world with Psionics instead of Arcane magic, where the protagonists are the Freeport Watch! Sound like something that's already been done? I guarantee that, as it is told from the point of view of the characters, it'll all seem fresh and new. And if it's half as good as what inspired it, I'll be happy. So far, everything is as told in letters to one character's father.

--Seule

Someone

Adventurer
Five men running es el primer relato en español publicado en éste foro. Situado en un escenario exótico ambientado en las antiguas culturas de oriente medio, incluye cambios sustanciales en las reglas y el desarrollo de la trama que apartan el relato del típico juego de D&D, ofreciendo un relato espectacular que tiene algo que ofrecer en todas las actualizaciones.

Sigue el vínculo en la firma.

Sammael99

First Post
Les Terres Anciennes

Les Terres Anciennes is a Story Hour in French narrating the adventures of Yjir the errant shamanic Druid, Erasmus the knowledge-hungry gnome Wizard, Garwin the cowardly halfling rogue, Sküm the brutal half-orc were-barbarian and Cendres the rigid warrior of the cult of Mezrâ, the Goddess of Magic and Knowledge.

Thrust in a web of political intrigue, they sense big trouble coming up but don't know enough yet to do anything about it. A prophecy made by a mad dwarf shaman in the depths of the Underground Kingdom indicates that they will play a major part, but what is it to be ?

Read as they travel accross the Naïmid Baronies into Halos, the Free City, chasing a ring of slavers to free their friend Umar. Marvel as they learn to deal with the terrible disease contracted by the fiercest warrior in their midst (why did it have to be him ?) Tremble as they unearth the secrets of the dread cult of Evancthe, mad priests who endeavour to cheat death and live forever...

Two years of campaigning described in detail with maps, props and comments by faithful readers... all in French !

Click below for more !

drnuncheon

Explorer
drnuncheon's Online Story Hour

drnuncheon's Online Story Hour: Tales of a Dying World

A strange trio descends from the mountains...and into legend.

Ahoke, daughter of the clan-chief, chosen of Wolverine: she seeks the ancient secrets lost to her people centuries ago to restore them to glory and win back their cavern homes.

Sen-Jyu, son of man but with the blood of the spirit courts in his veins: an outcast ronin whose travels have taken him far from the daimyo his father abandoned long ago.

Harvester, the promised one: priest of a god who does not yet exist...and whose coming heralds the end of a world and the beginning of a new.

drnuncheon's Online Story Hour is told in the words of the players: logged directly from the online game sessions and edited for readability. It's almost like watching the game in progress!

And hey, Piratecat likes it.

J

Remove ads