The Quintessential SH Pimpin' Thread

arwink

Clockwork Golem
The Mega-Module Jam (Badly in need of a new name, I know)

Vetrans of the Trollmist wars are given small properties in the little town of Hommlet as thanks for their service. What originally seems like a peaceful place to retire and learn a trade soon turns into evil priests, manipulative watchmen, dragons, assasins bad gambles, anceint evils, an impending wedding feast and a hell of a lot of drinking.

Disfunctional characters (including a kobold monk and a dwarven fighter who takes after Austin Powers Fat Bastard) trying to save the world, make some gold and get the dwarf to take a bath.

Link in the sig.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Come visit the Kyri Chronicles - a party traversing the WotC module series with side-treks into the bizarre and horrible. Gasp at the horrific deaths, wonder at the twisty plots and thrill to a genuine Rat-Bastard DM from the RBDMC :)

I might mention that I've got one of the highest ratios of storyhour content to comments out there, and its in small chunks.

and small sentences

Come and have a look! Make a comment! Piratecat is my second most prolific commenter, and you trust HIS judgement, right?

Cheers

pogre

Legend
Hello,
Check out Pogre's Story Hour. A 3ED&D campaign in a homebrew world with pictures of miniatures and scenery employed throughout.

I have a massive collection of master maze and miniatures to showcase. I also have custom built terrain from hirst art blocks, foam core and balsa buildings, and much more. On occasion I have been known to sculpt a mini or two as well!

Not all of the stuff is show-stopping quality, but some is!

The story hour has lots of combat and memorable kill shots. Hey there is plenty of roleplaying with some funky NPCs as well.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I think Snoweel said it best:
Dude, I think it's obvious from reading Nemm's Story Hour that for all his faults , Nemm is one $w33+ DM!!!!

I mean, he lays everything at the players' feet. I think the players know that the fates of their characters are entirely in their hands. Which is far less frustrating than being led around the place, having their adventures solved for them. The players should know that success or failure i entirely up to them. It could be a tad frustrating, but that sort of thing just makes victory sweeter - if the players want to rise to the challenge. Don't you see how cool that is? The PC's actually know that they can fail. It's not a movie or book where even at the lowest moments, you know the good guys are gonna win in the end - the good guys could well end up chained together in an Ogre camp being sodomised for the rest of their lives.

And dude, the totally non-linear adventures, the depth of consequence resulting from their choices and the rise and fall of action...

Damn. For the first time in my life, I wish I lived in NYC.

The links:

”Out of the Frying Pan – Book I: Gathering Wood

”Out of the Frying Pan – Book II: Catching the Spark (Part I)

”Out of the Frying Pan – Book II: Catching the Spark (Part II)

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Corwyn said:
People go check out The Chinese take-out story hour by Isaiah (now Silver Moon).

A story about a western party in a japanese/ chinese setting.

A good and funny read.

Thank you very much for the plug Corwyn. I've been having fun posting it. So far the readership has low but steady. For those who haven't tried it yet, this is definitely one of the best modules that I have ever DM'ed. It stars the Silver Moon Adventurers, a group of characters that our weekly gaming group have been playing since 1982.

The module setting combines the Forgotten Realms Kara-Tur gaming supplement and the Forgotten Realms Darkhold Castle gaming supplement. The module is AD&D rather than OA, although the OA Hengeyokai race plays a key part of the storyline. There are also cameo appearances by the F.R. deity Finder Wyvernspur and a few well known Greyhawk characters. The climax battle will take place on the Abyss, using various Planescape information. The link is as follows:

http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28642&pagenumber=1

Last edited:

Capellan

Explorer
[I've already pimped CotRE, so I won't do so again. However, arwink and I have just started a new Story Hour, so it seemed fair to come mention it here.]

Some become adventurers for the fame; some for the money. Some choose the life out of a desire to do good.

And some do it from a greater calling.

In Hextor's Name!

The link is in the .sig

Remove ads