• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Revised Marvel Universe (M&M2)

Shayuri

First Post
What timeframe is this? Like, if Victor VonDoom marries Sue (not Reed in this continuity, but the woman who would have been) and has a child, would that child be old enough to be a PC, or still too young?

It'd be fun to do a gadgeteer sort, but I don't fancy going full-on Doom.

I have other notions too though...several, in fact...

What timeframe is this? Like, if Victor VonDoom marries Sue (not Reed in this continuity, but the woman who would have been) and has a child, would that child be old enough to be a PC, or still too young?

It'd be fun to do a gadgeteer sort, but I don't fancy going full-on Doom.

I have other notions too though...several, in fact...

Age in comics is always so awkward. You can make up your own independent backstories, and I'll work around them. If you want your character to be Doom Jr., that works great for me. Of course, if the idea clashes with another PC, then we'll figure out a way to work around it.

Like if Doom Jr. is Sue's son, maybe Insight's Franklin character could be his half-brother (drama!) or simply unrelated figures whose families have had a few nasty run-ins.

Voda Vosa

First Post
I'm tinkering with the idea of a changed Mandarin, that although still evil, was cut off from these villain gang thing and wants vengance!

Insight

Adventurer
Age in comics is always so awkward. You can make up your own independent backstories, and I'll work around them. If you want your character to be Doom Jr., that works great for me. Of course, if the idea clashes with another PC, then we'll figure out a way to work around it.

Like if Doom Jr. is Sue's son, maybe Insight's Franklin character could be his half-brother (drama!) or simply unrelated figures whose families have had a few nasty run-ins.

I like the half-brother idea!

Insight

Adventurer
Insight: Franklin is a great idea. I think he's a really interesting character, so I'm excited to see what your final product looks like.

It's a bit of a struggle deciding how Franklin will work in a structured game environment. My current idea is that he has telekinetic and telepathic powers, as well as some assorted stuff like Dream Travel. Franklin has limited control over some or most of his powers, which should be fun.

Velmont

First Post
I'm think I would go with Gambit. He would have married Bella Donna Boudreaux and would have never left New Orleans, where he would have stayed with the Thieves' Guild and would have acted as a Diplomat toward the Assassin's Guild.

But New Orleans have been stuck bad by many disasters created by Super-Villains: Hurricane Katrina, Oil spill from DeepWater Horizon, and finally a Tidal Wave. It's just after that event that someone have come to recruit Gambit, telling him that as long as he would stay within his Thieves' Guild, he would be useless to defend his home city, but within his new organization he would be able to act against those threat.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I have two ideas so far:

1 - I'm thinking a magic using character that is possibly related to Dr. Strange. Ie. What if he had a fling with the Scarlet Witch on Earth-707 and had a child. My character's "magic" would be an extension of the character's mutant ability ala the Scarlet Witch power retcons ("chaos magic" control opposed to reality warping).

2 - A Sentinel. YES a sentinel. I'm really debating on having the character look like a traditional sentinal (but only be like 8 or 9 feet tall), or decide to do the Prime Sentinel route (cause I always liked Omega Sentinel).

Basically, long story short, the X-Men w/ the X-Club Team raided a Weaspon X facility and found my character up on a rack. They were going to destroy my character, but then they discovered that it was not programmed they decided steal it (before 'nuking' the facility) and then program my character to protect the mutants/humans of the world who fears an loathes it.

edit: Hmmm... Seeing Gambit.. I'm thinking the Sentinel might be an interesting character idea, if I flesh it out some.

Last edited:

Remove ads