• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Romance of the River Kingdoms

Dr Simon

Explorer
Iris raises a finger.

"I have heard of a drink known as the Jade Elixir," she says excitedly. "That can be used to hide your mortality from those of who can see such things."

She then looks crestfallen. "But I don't know where you could get any."

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Do not worry friend. We shall find out if we decide to need it. Three Flowers comforts Iris. I think we should return to our realm now, to do some research and to prepare. He then holds out the reed flute and asks their hosts. When we summon you with this, will you be able to bring us back to your realm?

The Rolling Man

First Post
Jar'Thol

"The old King, Princess Springborn, the Jade Elixir, the stolen scroll ... lots of options to consider. I say we avoid the princes for now, return to our world and consult with the young Vashi for advice on our next move."

Shayuri

First Post
"If we leave," Annika says, "can the Princes put another demon to block the gate? Can they bar the gate completely? What if we go and then find we can't return?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
"The gates can only be open or closed from your world," says Salmon, "but you're right, they might place another guardian while you are gone."

"But," adds Iris excitedly, "you have the flute. Three Flowers, yes, if you use the flute we can bring you back without having to go through one of the gates."

[SBLOCK=OOC]
I'm guessing the consensus is to return to the Mortal Realm for now, but let me know which you decide and I'll take it from there.
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 15 (T15, FF13), HP 39/39, F +5,R+3,W+6 (Spells: 0:5/5, 1:4/4, 2:3/3)

"Then let's go back to our world and return, once we have more information and be better prepared. Only a fool rushes a cliff."
Ape confirms his intention.

[sblock=ooc]
Vote for material plane.
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
A fool...or someone who knows she can fly... thought Annika, but she didn't give voice to it. She had misgivings about returning, but maybe that was just because the spirit world was so...different and new and enthralling. She wanted to stay and explore it, get to know it.

But as long as they had the flute...

Reluctantly she nodded at Ape.

"Maybe Salmon should look outside first before we go," Annika suggests. "To make sure the Prince didn't leave someone to watch the house and wait and see if we leave it."

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Good idea," says Salmon, and leaves. A short while later he returns, grinning. "No-one there. Like I said, Prince Flood isn't the most tactical of thinkers. He tends to tackle problems like his namesake, sweeping them away with a rush of force. Well... good luck to you. I hope we will meet again soon."

With some final goodbyes from Salmon and Iris, you climb back aboard Catfish's skiff, where he poles you up into the sky above Heartsflow, into mists that become the mists around Ropoko Island.

Back through the gateway, you find the mortal realm much as you left it, albeit seeming slightly more grey and less vibrant. Grandfather Wen is regaling the Lion Guard with the tale of how he saved you all from the Monster of Tigerskin Gorge. The captain wanders over to you.

"So," he says. "Lucky told me about the Ice Giant. The General could use some good warriors like yourselves, perhaps you'd help us get this damn war finished once and for all. Did you find what you were looking for?"

Shayuri

First Post
"We found what we were meant to find, I think," Annika replies heavily. Returning to the mortal world was like getting out of water she'd been swimming in for a while. "There's trouble in the spirit world."

Abruptly she gave the Imperial Captain a hopeful look.

"Have you ever heard of something called the Jade Elixir?"

The Rolling Man

First Post
Jar'Thol, Salsham'ai shaman

Jar'thol can't help but still feel a little suspicious of the soldiers. But, being the friendly salsham'ai that he is, he still answers the captain. "Honestly captain, I'm not much of a warrior and I would make a poor soldier. I'm just a simple friend of benevolant spirits and I try to do my part for the good of this world and its people. From my point of view, your General needs to find ways to make peace rather then more warriors to make war. On another note, my red friend is right. We probably found what we were meant to find but it only gave us more questions then answers. What about you ? Did we help you find what you were looking for ? Were you simply curious about this shrine or was it your mission to open it ?"

Remove ads