The Runic Cthulhu Hour: Something wrong in a small town college.

Rune

Once A Fool
Henry@home said:
I see "Rune" is well on the way to becoming the game in-joke. He has had ongans removed, skin flayed off hands, lost teeth, and had his arm shot off.

Heh. Kind of, but it really wasn't a joke in the game. They were pretty scared (especially, dare I say, my brother)! It does keep me wondering, though: what am I going to be able to do to myself in the next game to top all of that?

Cheers! :)

So far, so creepy! Keep going!

Thanks, we hope to, but this isn't really a scheduled game. At best, it will be a (probably short) series of linked one-shots. I'd call it a mini-campaign if we had a schedule, but it's pretty much a spur of the moment game. It certainly was last night! Don't get me wrong, I'd been preparing for the eventuality of the game for a long time, but we didn't know we were going to be playing until earlier that evening. I had fun, I hope they did to! And I hope y'all reading this enjoy it, as well!

Last edited:

Rune

Once A Fool
Lazarus Long said:
VERY Cool, VERY creepy.

It was like watching a nightmare unfold from someone's sick mind (that's a compliment, of course ;)).

I WANT MORE! :)

Thank you! It means a lot to me that you think that this is like a nightmare; as the story hour linked to in my sig shows, I have dabbled quite a bit into that realm.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Angelsboi

First Post
I read it. I WANT MORE!!!!!!!

I kept thinking it was a Resident Evil/Silent Hill type. I just didnt understand. I LOVED the Urban Legend bit though but the zorro guy was never revealed as was the professor guy.

Whats up with all that??

Negative Zero

First Post
this thread is my very first introduction to CoC. i've heard about it before, but i've never read any of the books or game stuff. and i'm really liking this! nicely done. the familiarity of the setting makes it all the more creepy. kudos to GM and group. i'm looking forward to reading more. :)

~NegZ

rootbeergnome

First Post
Negative Zero said:
the familiarity of the setting makes it all the more creepy. kudos to GM and group. i'm looking forward to reading more. :)

~NegZ

Yeah, tell me about it, today I was walking on campus and I looked up at the building where we were trapped in the game and I shuddered. This was thoroughly disturbing, I LOVED IT! ! I am Mike, by the way, and Anthony is my roommate, in-game and in real life. It's much more scary when it's your neck on the line, even your in-game neck! And thanks for the praise! Rune does horror very well.

Ziggy

First Post
Excellent start, another thread added to my list of must-read stories.

BTW CoC is *excellent* for this type of campaign, adding horror to a well-known setting maximizes the fun. We used to play a con-scenario based on using the CoC-setting in our town every year, and it was great fun. The most fun was probably the year I played a media-student filming *everything* with a small video camera (this was way before Blair Witch). His last act before dying was to fling his camera under the slowly descending door that was trapping the monsters that were killing us. It was found by the police later, and boy did those policemen lose a lot of SAN when looking on that tape.

.Ziggy

Rune

Once A Fool
Angelsboi said:
I read it. I WANT MORE!!!!!!!

Thanks! I hope to continue the story relatively soon!

I kept thinking it was a Resident Evil/Silent Hill type. I just didnt understand. I LOVED the Urban Legend bit though but the zorro guy was never revealed as was the professor guy.

Whats up with all that??

I actually don't really like Resident Evil very much, but I have no doubts that I am very influenced by Silent Hill.

As for the batman guy and the professor...

These people exist in real life. I included the batman guy because I knew he would really freak out a few people at the table and I included the professor, because I like him. He's not like his in-game persona at all, but I can easily imagine him slipping from sanity. Also, his diagrams and notes really do offer glimpses into "that which man is not meant to know."

Last edited:

Rune

Once A Fool
Negative Zero said:
this thread is my very first introduction to CoC. i've heard about it before, but i've never read any of the books or game stuff. and i'm really liking this! nicely done. the familiarity of the setting makes it all the more creepy. kudos to GM and group. i'm looking forward to reading more. :)

~NegZ

Thanks for giving it a try! To be honest, the game hasn't become very Cthulhuid...yet. Oh. And definately read some of the stories. I can only try to emulate the work of a true master.

Remove ads