• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Sea's Righteous Might

scout989

First Post
OOC: Is anything else going to happen between now and tonight? Jaleph is taking off on his own, and it sounds like the party is splitting up for now, so can I just say "Later that night...?"

reddist

First Post
[sblock]Take the day and evening to do whatever you'd like. Feel free also to whip up any NPC or PoI you might need; shops or shopkeepers, temple priests (acolytes and low-level functionaries, of course... the temple heads are MY NPCs!), any of your local contacts or acquaintances ... if you want something specific from me, let me know and I'll respond, but otherwise feel free to help fill in any gaps you may find in Swift Rock Bay. [/sblock]

Animus

Explorer
Bran Olvant, Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire

Bran, after his departure, immediately goes to Kowin's Wares, with the intention to upgrade his armor. "Kowin my man, I'll pay you well if you can make my armor spiffier, so that it can protect me better. Do a good job, and I'll be sure to spread the word, ok?" he says with a wink and a smile. "I can't just go off on an excursion with just so-so equipment you know. And you've done so well in the past."

scout989

First Post
Jaleph Bigthumbs Halfling Sorceror

While Bran is busy with the armorer, Jaleph pops off to have a chat and a trade with his book-learning friend Harley at the Mage's Guild. "Hiya, Harley, I'm back! Hah, you thought you were rid of me didja? Well, it ain't so. How've you been, ye rascal?"
After filling in his friend on the past night's activity (and playing up his part all he could), Jaleph buys a few scrolls and such before heading back to the inn, where he orders up the biggest dinner he has ever seen (which goes for quite a few of those watching, as well) and proceeds to chomp, chew, and guzzle his way through the entire thing.

[sblock]Jaleph replaces his SM II scroll and his CLW potion. He also picks up a scroll of Invisibility, an Elixer of Sneaking, and a scroll of Glitterdust. Total spent=650 gp. I may want to spend more before we go, but I'm not sure what I might buy, so if I do I'll post it later.[/sblock]

Harvey

First Post
Marisa Calathar, Cleric of Wee Jas

OOC: Glad to see a lot has happened in my absence! I will do a little smoothing over on Marisa's actions.

After the excitement of the night before, Marisa sleeps soundly. The next morning, she awakes from a sound sleep, prays to Wee Jas for guidance on their coming trip.

She joins the rest of the group that morning, and says her goodbyes to Ven, sorry to see him leave. However, she is encouraged that the party functions well together (relatively, at least). She enjoys the company of the group over breakfast, joking about how goofy some of Hugo's goons were under Jal's charm spells and the halfling's constant spew of ideas.

When Jal suggests that she join him on his travels, Marisa wholeheartedly accepts. She seems to enjoy the halfling's company as well, and recalls their first meeting at this very bar only a scant day earlier. Amazing what can happen in a day! she thinks to herself.

Those with keen eyes might notice the not-so-friendly stare that Marisa gives Kaelin, but Marisa quickly regains her composure.

Mari follows Jal through the streets, enjoying the company. But when the halfling mentions a visit to the Mage's Guild, Mari tells him that, as a cleric of Wee Jas, she might not be welcomed with his comrades. She begs his forgiveness, and goes off on her own.

In her travels, see seeks out a local gem and jewerly shop, and looks to purchase a variety of black onyx gems, under the guidance of her patron deity.

After strolling through town, Marisa returns to the Clam Shell in time to see Jaleph dig into his supper. She pulls up a chair, and as she motions for the waitress to come over, she is filled with a sense of deja vu.

OOC: Leveled Mari up to 3rd. If available, she spends 900gp of her 1000gp on black onyx gems (4 at 25gp, 4 at 50gp, and 4 at 75gp, all for Animate Dead spells). She also now has the feat Reach Spell for ranged healing.

scout989

First Post
Jaleph Bightumbs Halfling Sorceror

"Well hello again, missy. Glad you could make it back fer another fine meal with me. How'd your snopping trip go, then?"
After a few more minutes, and a round of applause from the crowd as he finishes his gargantuan repast, Jaleph loosens his belt a few notches and settles back. "I sure do wish that Bran and Kragor would show up soon. I've been thinking, during my travels today, that the four of us ought to think about paying a little visit to Hugo before we leave and finding out just why, exactly, he was behind all of the excitement last night. I just hate to leave loose ends that have tried to kill me, see?"

Animus

Explorer

OOC: I upgraded my studded leather to +1, spending all 1000gp I just gained.

On cue, the door opens to reveal a stunning blonde man wearing a stylish cape with a lute strapped on his back. "Good day, Jaleph, Marisa. I just did some shopping, and now I'm ready for a little fine dining," he says, sitting down at the table.

Harvey

First Post
Marisa Calathar, Cleric of Wee Jas

Marisa cheers Jal on as he finishes his meal. "Oh, shopping went quite well. I assume you enjoyed your visit to your old friends in the guild?"

When Jal broaches the topic of Hugo, Mari gives it some serious thought. "Well, I assume, from Iggy's talk, that this Captain Nathanyl Hawkridge wanted the contract for exploration of the newly discovered lands for himself. What better way to do that than to sink the other ships. Of course, he can't be tied to it himself, and had to arrange for others to do his dirty work. Though, that still leaves Hugo in power here in the city... unless the law investigates the destruction of the ships further."

She mulls over other ideas.... "This Hugo had at least... what was it? Seven people that we fought in total last night in the sewers? Plus, the ones that we caught in the act of sabotage... if Hugo has that many people working for him, perhaps we best let the officials worry about him. I am more concerned what Hugo's ties are with our new friend..."

As she says this, Bran enters the room and hails her and Jal. "Greetings Bran! We were just talking about last night. So, I have a question... how exactly do you know Hugo and his friends, hmmm?" she says with a playful grin.

Animus

Explorer

Harvey said:
As she says this, Bran enters the room and hails her and Jal. "Greetings Bran! We were just talking about last night. So, I have a question... how exactly do you know Hugo and his friends, hmmm?" she says with a playful grin.
"Well, let's just say that Hugo and I used to be aquaintances, but me winning his money and his girl (who I later dumped) did not make him a happy camper," he says, sipping his drink.

scout989

First Post
Jaleph Bigthumbs Halfling Sorceror

"Well hello Mr. Fancypants!" says Jaleph with a grin. "I was just discussing the idea of paying a visit to your old friend. And," Jaleph has the grace to look slightly embarrassed about this, "I must admit, Marisa, that I also had the idea in mind that we owe the man a few lumps of his own, considering how many he was responsible for. As for his henchmen, well, we put a serious dent in those last night. I think we should at least consider the idea of going to have a chat with him about the wisdom of trying to kill people like us!"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads