• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Sea's Righteous Might

Harvey

First Post
Marisa Calathar, Cleric of Wee Jas

Jaleph's words bring a grin to Marisa's face. "Oh, I have no objection to putting the fear of Wee Jas into him, so-to-speak. I was only pointing out that we don't have the resources to bring him down permanently. It might even be an interesting diversion before the Sea's Righteous Might sets sail."

Animus

Explorer
Bran Olvant, Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire

"To be honest though, I would consider ourselves lucky for surviving what we have. I'm just ready to get on with the mission at set sail A.S.A.P. Besides, we don't have enough power to take Hugo down, so why bother with anything less?"

Bran takes another sip from his glass. "Oh and before we go, I have some business to attend to with a certain fair lady," he says with a wink and a smile.

scout989

First Post
Jaleph Bigthumbs Halfling Sorceror

"Well, lucky you may call it, but I think people make their own luck. As to why even bother, well, there are two reasons. First of all, we're about to set sail on a very long sea voyage. He won't be able to get to us for many months; in fact, we may never come back. I'd hate to leave this business unfinished, and I don't mean taking him down permanently- I wouldn't do that anyway. It's more fun to let him live free, so long as he knows that we're watching him. And secondly, we have something like twelve or fourteen hours before we sail. I know you have some business with that lass of yours, but what will you do with the rest of that- sleep? Don't you have the itch to do something useful with all that time?"
You can tell this is a last gasp from Jaleph; one more refusal and he'll just let it die... for now.

Animus

Explorer
Bran Olvant, Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire

"Curse you, you trouble making halfling, but I repeat myself. You got me. What idea do you have in your disturbed mind?" Bran says, leaning in intently.

scout989

First Post

"Just this- we know of an underground, secret entrance to Hugo's lair. It would be prudent to use that entrance to get to him and exact whatever revenge is appropriate. But Hugo is sure to know that we know of this 'unguarded' entrance by now, as he will have had reports from the survivors- even if they are in watch custody. They know we were down there, and that can only have one implication. Therefore I propose that we march up to his front door, bold as brass, force our way in to his den, and catch him unawares while he expects any trouble- at least from us- to come from a different direction."

Harvey

First Post
Marisa Calathar, Cleric of Wee Jas

"You know, Jal, I think I can see the twinke in your eye when you talk about causing mischief" Marisa says with a smile. "Though, I don't know if forcing ourselves through the front door would be wise either. We need to figure out a way to get under his skin more than anything. Hey, maybe Hugo has another girlfriend Bran can steal."

scout989

First Post

"Ahh, very wise, playing to our 'talents.' Perhaps you're right, I just want to be able to see the look on his face- and that's partly because I want to be able to judge how safe I'll be when we get back. After all, though I've never run into Hugo before, I'll still have to live in the same town as him. Though I don't deny my love for a little tomfoolery, it really is enlightened self-interest this time."
Having gotten his little speech out, Jaleph turns thoughtful. He looks at Marisa speculatively. "I confess, I think my plan is the better of the two so far. Do either of you have anything else to suggest? I'd love to have a better plan than that, I admit, but I think we need to do something ."

scout989

First Post

Seeing their long silence after his remarks, Jaleph looks a little tired. "Well, perhaps I'm wrong. Let's just go on to bed; we have an early morning ride to catch."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads