• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Second Golden Age of Oannon

Altair

First Post
Jack: You fail to notice anything peculiar about the elf (other than the obvious).

You make your bluff and Gyozo smiles to himself, smug in his "confirmed" belief that you were cheating in the same way he was. He looks at your coin dubiously, holding it in front of his face then pressing it against his palm, but after a nervous 2 minutes he finally agrees to your wager.

With your first roll, you get a 7.

"Grah!" he growls, his lips curling into a frown. "Well, I guess my luck finally ran out, I congratulate you." Courteously, he bows his neck. Inspecting your prize, you see that the single coin you won is quite old, and covered in scratch marks. You notice that the face on the "heads" side of the coin is that of a dragon (normally the face of the ruler who minted that coin would appear on that side), the tails side is too worn out to be able to tell what it once was, if there was ever any emblem at all on that side.

"Well, enough games, I think my companions and I had better be finishing off for the night and leaving..." he turns his head as the door opens and a group of armed newcomers arrive.

One of the interrogators (the one dressed in the religious iconry) returns to the main room to see who just entered.

The elf stands up from the game he was playing. "I am First Lieutenant Gyozo of Gieldon, conducting an investigation here. State your business", he demands, his voice carrying a note of tired frustration.

Jack of Tales

First Post
Jack hastily stuffs his new prize along with any money left on the table into his belt pouch. He turns to look at the newcomers to the tavern. He stands up with Gyozo but rather then be associated with the obviously hostile elf, he walks slowly backward to stand with his back to a wall. More armed people could mean trouble. They sure as hell didn't look like guards from the town so they could be villagers looking to crack some soldier skulls. If so, Jack was sort of glad. Maybe they could help out the poor innkeep who's screams had been getting more and more unnerving as the night wore on.

Altair

First Post
(I wondering the same thing, I'm waiting for him to post. If he doesn't post before tomorrow night, he'll become an NPC.)

Altair

First Post
The guardsman and the dwarf both reach for their weapons as Gyozo repeats the question with an added note of command, "State your business, sir".

"Grel, confiscate their weapons" he orders the guard as he takes off his leather gloves, dropping them on the table and flexxing his fingers.

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were talking about Daniel and co. I wasn't sure if the same inn I was told Gilly was staying in was the same one that Jack of Trades is in. I'll post something in a bit.[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
Daniel, Fighter

Daniel speaks as if nothing out of the ordinary is happening. "Calm down Lieutenant, I was just showing my short friends here a place to stay for the night. They're travelers you see, and new to the town." The young man takes the long spear-like weapon from off his back, and holds it straight up with the butt of it to the ground. "I'll get this back, right? If I came in just to have my property taken, I'll find another inn."

Arkhandus

First Post
Nezzern, gnome wizard

The lanky gnome looks up at the soldiers and sighs, then says chidingly "Very well, but you could have at least had the civility to ask. The guard I spoke with earlier was rather less inclined to forcibly mug a harmless, traveling gnome."

He sticks out an arm, pulls back the sleeve, and points at the rather stick-like thinness of it. Nonetheless, Nezzern removes the crossbow slung over his back, and sets it on the floor, followed by his dagger, and finally his walking stick. "I do hope you feel more secure now, gentlemen, for I assuredly do not. You are aware that a town official was murdered today, are you not?" he says with a shudder. "It was distressing enough when I first got here, lightly armed as I was." he adds a bit worriedly.

Altair

First Post
He seems pleased with your cooperation. "I'm sure martial law will soon be in effect, you'll have nothing to fear."

He stands there for a second, staring you down. Eventually, he breaks the silence, "Drun, come with me, let's take a look upstairs. Grel, take care of things down here." He turns to you "don't worry gentlemen, you won't be detained for long." The one called Grel drops your weapons to the ground at his feet, and rests his hand lightly on the hilt of his sword.

"Raulin, Matthew, finish up your business" he calls out to the other room.

He begins to walk up the stairs with the dwarf behind him.

You can hear him knocking on a door, then kicking it in after recieving no answer. There is a moment of silence, then you hear him knocking on the next door over, and kicking it in as well. He repeats this one last time before you hear him walking back down the stairs.

"Well this was a waste of time. Men, with me." he barks. The innkeeper remains in the other room, whimpering softly. As the elf is leaving, he turns to Jack, "Take care of that little trinket I gave you, some men would kill for something like that."

Remove ads