• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Secret Scion

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Erekose13 said:
"Xendrik sounds interesting to me. If nothing comes of this party, I think we might find it a lucrative option. Though I hear the trip to Stormreach is expensive without a sponsor." says Hxaptos pretty much ignoring the line of conversation that Harolk started.
"You have to pay to go? Not just go. Sad." Tondrek looks crestfallen, and his hands begin to resume their normal twitching---which had been absent for a while. "Sad, sad."

D20Dazza

Explorer
As they get up to leave the bar Bail tells his friends all about the game of Hrazhak and how he had started playing the game as a substitute for an injured shifter but has since become a permanent member of the team.

Bail watches Mel and Harolk quietly conversing as he walks back to the apartment his blood boiling with a strange mixture of anger and the need to show off - jealousy?

[sblock=bail's angels]Already worked up from seeing Mel and Harolk (who are obviously in love) whispering to each other Bail swears angrily "Where are they Sheny? For you I will rip them apart" he says heatedly, his eyes darting to Mel and then, just as quickly focussing back on Sheny "They'll not threaten you and live one more minute in Khorvaire. Their souls will soon journey to whatever dark hell hole they have crawled from. Your fight is my fight" he says vehemently "I'll just go a get my weapons, then I will be on my way, well once you tell me where my way is" he says as he exits the kitchen hurriedly [/sblock]
Walking out of the kitchen Bail notes the presence of Tondrek and the others waiting for refreshments in the living room "We'll just be one more moment" he says sheepishly "We're, ahh, just preparing some drinks" he calls as he hurries up the stairs to his bedroom where he pulls on his armour and straps on his Great Axe and hammer and picks up his spear.

Moments later Bail thunders down the stiars festoned with weapons and ready for a fight "Just one minute guys" he says as he races into the kitchen, the door slamming back against the door jam as he pushes it closed behind him

[sblock=Bails Angels]"OK I'm ready" Bail pants as he slides to a stop in the centre of the kitchen, his spear knocking a pan from the hook it hangs on upon the wall.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Tondrek cocks his head to the side as he notices Bail's antics. The Xen'drick conversation having died off, the half-orc has been working on building a tower out of random bits around the apartment. Its probably something reminiscent of Harreth's Folly by now.

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Bail's Angels] Mel takes Bails hand and smiles, "Bail, I don't think this is something you want to stride into swinging weapons. Especialy when there are inocent children around. We may need that eventualy though, but hold your horses." [/sblock]

Ferrix

Explorer
[sblock=Bail, Rayni & Mel]"While I appreciate your readiness Bail, I don't think weapons are needed just yet. Storming into Ocean View weapons drawn will probably just get you arrested, and I think that might have an effect on your upcoming game." The moment of humor is probably to ease this difficult topic for her, she lays a hand affectionately on his shoulder.

"The man who leads this group is one Arden Fair, he's a charismatic human from Aundair. From what I can tell so far, he has been training these affluent young nobles in practices of meditation and mental exercise, but it seems that there is something which lies underneath his practices which is unsettling. As if he is planting seeds in them, of which they are unaware, to be called forth when the time is right." She leans back against the kitchen counter.

"The way of the Dreaming Dark is rarely outright confrontation, they are insidious and unwavering in their devotion to their cause. Be careful where and of who you ask any questions regarding their activities, it can easily lead them down upon us." She shudders, wiping the edge of her eyes of fresh forming tears.

"I... do not wish to endanger any of you, but this is a danger that I can no longer bear by myself, and you are my friends. If I can help any of you, I will do nothing less than my utmost." She stops, tears welling up again in her almond-shaped eyes.[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Bail's Angels]Mel nods to Sheny, "I will. I have made several contacts in the city that I trust, so I should be able to get some history of this Arden Fair without too much difficulty and danger. And with your help Sheny, I may be able to enter the grounds and pose as a student for a short time if it will help gain information." [/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Bail's Angels]
"I will. I have made several contacts in the city that I trust, so I should be able to get some history of this Arden Fair without too much difficulty and danger. And with your help Sheny, I may be able to enter the grounds and pose as a student for a short time if it will help gain information."

*Rayni shakes her head slightly.*

"Mel, I don't suggest it...even if you succeeded in fooling him, and he may be able to read minds or something so that could be hard, you still would probably have that seed of evil planted in your mind."

"I... do not wish to endanger any of you, but this is a danger that I can no longer bear by myself, and you are my friends."

"Sheny, worry not for me. You are my friend, and I will do everything in my power to help you. This is something that needs to be done to avert a great evil. Death comes for all of us, and if I can accomplish something of worth before I die, even were it to cut my life short, that is all that I could ever ask. I could join the Honoured Ancestors with respect instead of dying in shame after a long life of ignominy."
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Bail's Angels]"Rayni, Sheny will be there too, and we're only talking about a day or two to scout around. I understand your worried, but there is much more at stake potentialy."[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Bail's Angels]"Oh, well, it's one thing if we all go, but you shouldn't go alone Mel, okay? Who knows what this Arden is capable of?"[/SBLOCK]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Bail's Angels]"I won't Rayni. That's too unfamiliar teritory for me, and psionics is one thing I can't fake."

Mel turns back to Sheny, "You've trusted me, and I guess I should return the favor. Bail and Rayni already know, but I wasn't quite sure when to tell you. I'm a changeling," Mel shifts her hair color to a dark red color before changing it back to her normal blonde color. "The short version of the story is I was supposed to replace the real Melphina, and raised to believe I was an aberant elf till about a year ago. I've been trying to find out what happened to Melphina, but have had little luck. Meanwhile, this is the me I'm most comfortable with." at that, she glances over to Bail and smiles almost meekly.

"But beyond that, it means I can infiltrate the Illuminated Minds much easier than most, but Rayni's right that I can't cloak my mind from being read any more than anyone else could. Sheny, do you think you can help protect me if I were to go in undercover for a day or two?" [/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads