• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Secret Scion

Bront

The man with the probe
Someone said:
ooc: No need for sblocks, there´s nothing that absolutely should be kept secret.

Harolk hesitates for a moment and says: "You´re a girl".

It´s hard to tell if that´s an affirmation or a question.
"Well, yes..." Mel says, trying to encourage Harolk to speak.

Someone

Adventurer
Bront said:
"Well, yes..." Mel says, trying to encourage Harolk to speak.

"Ok, that wasn´t a good start." Harolk continues. "The thing is, I need some advice. There´s a girl I´ve met this past month; she can fight really well. In fact, she´s one of the few I´ve met that can challenge me."

"I think we count as friends by now, but she doesn´t seem to be interested on me beyond that. I´d like to know her better. Uh, yes, in that sense too. But it´s that, like she´s not like the women I´ve met before; I think if I call her ´honey´ she would stuck a dagger in my eye."
Harolk pauses for a second.

"So, you know, it´s not like I´m timid or anything, but I really don´t know how to tackle the issue with her."

Bront

The man with the probe
Mel stiffles a chuckle as Harolk explains everything, though she is making every effort to look proper.

Finaly, she can't help herself, "Sorry, I don't mean to, but I think you've got it wrong about women."

She takes a deep breath and then sighs, smiling again and regaining her composure. "Women don't want to be treated like objects Harolk, or at least not any respectable woman that's worth the time. I mean, if I were to drop everything and offer myself to you here would you," Mel stops in mid thought. "Well, don't answer that."

"Listen, women want to know that you're aware of their needs, and considering them over," Mel pauses and looks at Harolk, her eyes droping for a moment, "well, your own needs. Find out what she likes, and what she appreciates. Maybe get her a gift. Something small, like some flowers, or, well, if she's into weapons, maybe a nice dagger. Something elegant that looks nice, and shows her you put some thought into it. It's going to take time. Maybe give her some compliments, offer to help her with her armor, or sharpen her weapon when you happen to be doing yours."

"But most of all, make sure you don't make her feel like you think she's inferior, or an object. Treat her like one of the boys for the most part. Let her know you know she's a challenge for you, acknowledge it. When you offer to help her, do it as a friend, not as a guy offering to help a girl out 'cause she's a girl and she can't do it. And be patient. You're not going to get to her overnight."

"And last, but not least, you'll have to hope you're what she's looking for, because if you're not, well, I'm not sure you'd like what you'd have to do at that point. So, you can only go out there, be yourself, and hope you're the type she's looking for."

"If you want, let me know when you'll see her next, and I can follow along. Maybe I can give you something more specific."

Someone

Adventurer
"More work and more spending." summarizes Harolk. "Doesn´t sound like a good start, you know, but I´ll try it out. We´ll comment at the party"

Bront

The man with the probe
"Well, good luck to you," Mel says, and gives Harolk a hug (careful to make sure he doesn't cop a feal while doing so)

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Rayni can't help but add in some advice as well--like many girls, she enjoys giving guy friends dating advice.*

"All of that is good advice, but here's a few more tips. Does she have a best friend or confidante? If the best friend supports your romantic endeavours with the girl you like, that is always a good boost, and you don't want her against you. Plus she can tell you what gifts would be absolutely perfect."

"Also, Mel has given you some good advice on little things, but it is also important to be yourself. You're a bold guy, Harolk, and women like confidence. You could try something bold and exciting. Maybe next time you're dueling her and you have the chance to score a blow, choose instead to slip her a ticket to a play or a concert or one of Bail's games or something she'd like--asking the best friend about this is a good way to figure it out and still surprise her.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Xendrik sounds interesting to me. If nothing comes of this party, I think we might find it a lucrative option. Though I hear the trip to Stormreach is expensive without a sponsor." says Hxaptos pretty much ignoring the line of conversation that Harolk started.

Ferrix

Explorer
[sblock=Bail, Rayni and Mel]Shenystari smiles softly at her companions, however a dread seriousness fills her eyes. "There is a battle which lingers on the edge of the waking and sleeping horizons, for years beyond your numbers it has lasted. My people strive to bring it into the Light while there are others who serve to bring the darkest nightmares to realization. By some twisted fate, I am lodged in between. My own people fear me for my connection to the nightmare within, while the Dreaming Dark haunts me, perhaps in a way so that the darkest fathoms of my soul will take hold and bring about the eternal dark which they seek."

She breathes deeply, steeling herself for it seems draining to let such truths be known, even to herself perhaps. "There is an element of the Dreaming Dark that lingers on the periphery of every society, biding to bring about their horrible dark, and I believe I have found one of those strands here. The youths I tutor and work with, the Illuminated Minds, as they call themselves are wealthy youths with a penchant for spending coin and drawing themselves intellectually above the masses. However, their thirst for the mind has led them under the wing of a dark force. I cannot confront it on my own, and I ask of thee to aid me, as friends foremost."[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Sheny, Mel, Bail]*Rayni is concerned for Sheny as the kalashtar reveals these secrets. She reaches her hand out to Sheny's and squeezes it reassuringly, looking deep into her eyes and smiling, not wavering even for an instant as Sheny speaks, even when she reveals her own connection to the nightmare. In truth, Rayni had begun to guess the end of Sheny's revelation even as she heard the beginning.*

*When Sheny is done, Rayni smiles and gives her a hug.*

"Of course I'll help, Sheny. However I can. Not only is it the right thing to do, but if it can do anything to help you in your struggle against the nightmare that plagues you, I will gladly put my life on the line. I'll be there for you Sheny, and I'm sure Mel and Bail will too."[/SBLOCK]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Bail's Angels (And Bail)]Mel listens with a worried look on her face. "Do you have any names of those assosiated with this? Perhaps I can find out something. I can offer all of my abilities to help," she says. "Perhaps I can even infiltrate them." [/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads