D&D 5E The Secret Under the Stairs (IC)

Skarsgard

Explorer
Miriam

Screaming out as the door slams, Miriam laughs at herself for being so silly. The book has certainly creeped her out and the little girls hateful words remind her that some unsavoury stuff that allegedly happened here.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
The Carroll House

As Miriam finishes reading the last word, the closet door suddenly flies open, hitting the wall, and then slams shut with a loud crack.

Brad comes in just as the door to the closet under the stairs bangs around, seemingly on its own. He sees Miriam sitting nearby with an old notebook and Bella at the top of the stairs...wobbling back and forth as if she is about to pass out and about to fall.

Bella, at the top of the stairs, hears the crack, but then starts to experience a nauseating case of vertigo. She is suddenly in a medieval style castle, at the top of a grand staircase, banners and tapestries decorating the halls. A woman's voice calls from a room down the hall, "Aldavran, is that you? Aldavran stop playing around." Bella sees a man, dressed in the manner of a medieval noble, a ceremonial sword at his side, coming up the stairs. He seems to walk right through Bella as he approaches the room from which the voice came. The moment passes...and Bella finds herself teetering on the top step, about to fall.

OOC: Bella needs to make a Dexterity save. If she fails, Brad can try to rush up to catch her with a Dexterity save of his own.

Dexterity Check (1d20+3=18)

"What the...!!!" Bella realizes she is about to fall horribly and swings her arms, trying to save herself from killing herself. She gracefully reaches out to grasp the side rail.

Zansy

Explorer
Terry's head begins spinning as holds on to the door for dear life and support. He is hearing things that aren't there, seeing things that don't exist – that can't exist! Not in the U.S.A, and not in his lifetime, if anything stuck from what his history tutor taught him. (I remember her... She had what it takes to be a hottie, too... but I remember she was a bit much of a square...)
Nevertheless, that vertigo attack felt all too powerful to not have happened, as did the hallucinations–
"Hallucinations, yeah, that must be it, Terry. Of course everything feels wonked; I hardly drank anything today at all!" the jock whispered to himself between pantings.
...Perhaps it is something he should ask someone about, anyway?
Terry makes a rush to the living room, assuming he can.
OOC: I said Sunday, and I got available on Monday... Sorry about that. Also I've been a little sick so it's karmic salt to injury. I'll be okay in a few days, but these may also be days when I am home, conveniently enough.

The words from the vision, however, seemed ominously obsessing...
(...Who's Aldavran?)

Last edited:

mips42

Adventurer
Mark

With a weak smile, Mark says to counter-girl ' I'm sorry that happened. I really hope that the rest of your day goes better.'
Then he hustles out after Simon. 'Simon! Sorry about that. I didn't want to have to do that but people can be such a-holes. Sometimes you just gotta let them know that it's not okay. Can you forgive me for ruining your goormay lunch?'

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Lotsa Burgers

As a thank-you to Mark and Simon, the girl behind the counter doesn't charge them for their order. The pair are soon on their way, Mark following behind Simon.

As the strip malls and fast food joints give way to houses, everything seems just a little out of place, though neither man can pinpoint why. Children are playing, dogs are barking, sprinklers are sprinklers, lawns are being mowed...it all seems perfectly normal. And yet, out of the corner of an eye, one child has crooked fangs and jagged ears. One house looks like a rustic cottage for a split second. One dog looks like a horse-sized wolf for just a moment.

Everything seems to settle back to normal by the time the two car pull up to the Carroll family's new home.

The Carroll House

OOC: [MENTION=2820]Fenris[/MENTION], are you still with us?

Miriam notes the arrival of Simon's car, Mark's just behind it. But something seems...off. Simon appears to be far shorter than he should be and his ears and nose are larger. Mark, on the other hand, seems to have multi-colored lightning sparking his eyes and his hair seems to be charged with static electricity in every direction.

As Terry comes out of his room, he spots Bella at the top of the stairs. But her ears are pointed and her eyes are almond shaped and slanted. Bella sees Terry...but he's nearly half as tall as he should be.

Skarsgard

Explorer
Miriam

Crying out at the sight of the two strange looking men, Miriam back up to the sink and grabbing a knife holds it in front of her. As her eyes focus in she looks confused. "Simon? Mark?"

mips42

Adventurer
Mark

'Nice to see you, too, Miriam. So this is the new place, eh? Looks okay. The roof might need a bit of work and it could use a new coat of paint, of course but, otherwise, not bad on the outside. How's it inside?'
Mark will grab anything that loos like it needs to go inside.

Crying out at the sight of the two strange looking men, Miriam back up to the sink and grabbing a knife holds it in front of her. As her eyes focus in she looks confused. "Simon? Mark?"

Simon playfully addresses Miriam, "Honey, I don't think you'll need that knife. The hamburger meat isn't that tough."

Remove ads