D&D 5E The Secret Under the Stairs (IC)

Skarsgard

Explorer
Miriam

Shaking her head at her children's antics Miriam wanders over to the front door and opens it.
"I'm going to check all the lights an plumbing work!" she calls over her shoulder.

Sweeping from room to room she tests the lights and taps, all the time smiling and humming contentedly to herself. Getting out her phone she calls her husband, the phone goes straight to message bank. "Oh, it is absolutely beautiful! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Love you and can't wait till you get home." she laughs. "Home, sounds so nice to say that. Hurry home and bring a bottle of champagne."

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"Terry!!" Bella shrieks, "Don't you dare!!" But ends that with laughter. "Don't forget I called the room with the big round window seat!" She reluctantly went back to the car and grabbed some of her bags before heading into the house and up the stairs to find her new room. "Come on Brad, hurry up slow poke!"

Fenris

Adventurer
Brad laughs at Bella and Terry's sibling rivalry before heading to the back of the car and grabbing three boxes, stacking them up and bring them to the porch. He then keeps unloading the car to the porch as the family explores their new home.

Zansy

Explorer
"Yeah, yeah, I know." Terry said. He was also excited to
Get to his own room.
He brought Bella's things, but soon came out again to bring more boxes. But not without sneaking a peek at his new room, and thinking about meeting new, better friends...
And that yes — he can knit in privacy. All he needs is the door key.

Simon is a man in his early forties with a slim build, dark hair and strikingly blue eyes.

Simon looks up from his meal order list to see his brother in law Mark confronting the disgruntled customer. Although he agrees with Mark's sentiment, it certainly isn't the way Simon would have addressed the issue. Although tempted to let Mark deal with the consequences of his actions alone, Simon takes a deep breath and moves toward the counter. Simon says, "Sir, I think you should accept this man's generous offer, and let us all get on with what we need to do."

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Lotsa Burgers

The girl working the counter has called for a manager, though she is on the verge of angry tears. The belligerent fellow screams at Simon, Mark, and the guy who spoke up first, "Back off! Mind your own *&^%ing business! I'm calling the *&^^int police on you! SHUT UP!" He starts fumbling with his phone and drops it, cracking the screen. He screams in inarticulate rage and swings wildly at the man who put his hand his shoulder.

Mark and Simon see the belligerent man's face distort, like he was a reflection in a funhouse mirror. Suddenly his eyes are a dull red, and he has yellow tusks jutting from his lower jaw. His nose is flatter and the nostrils flare wide.

His fist connects with the first man, sending him sprawling to the floor. No one else seems to see the change the belligerent fellow has undergone.

The Carroll Family Home

Olivia nods in reply to Miriam, "Ok, hun. If you need anything, you let me know." She heads out to her car and is soon driving away.

As Miriam checks all the lights and taps and such, she notices that the closet light in the "Harry Potter closet" (as Olivia jokingly called it) wasn't working. A peek inside reveals that the light bulb appears to be simply burned out. Miriam notices something, however. A notebook, a cheap little diary type notebook that you could find in the school supply section of a grocery store, wedged into the boards under one of the stairs.

The room with big round window seat still had faint outlines of cats on the walls from the previous owners. The walls had been painted over, of course, but the cats were persistent. Olivia had mentioned that this was the little girl's room...the one the neighbors had said disappeared. When Bella opens the closet, a box falls out from an upper shelf, leaving a cloud of dust in the air. Spilling out of the box are toys - Barbies, My Little Ponies, and other girls' toys, all covered in about 15 years worth of dust. Underneath them all is a birthday card, lying open, with the following written inside.

My wonderful Miriam, have a wonderful 10th birthday, love always, Grammy & Grampy Wallace

Brad notices a pair of neighbor kids watching him unpack the car, about 12 years old or so. One of them, holding a basketball, says, "Hey, you know that place is haunted right?"

Terry's room smells faintly of some sort of ointment. Olivia had noted that the previous owner's elderly grandmother lived in this room. The room has its own separate, full bathroom, with metal bars on the walls near the toilet and in the shower, obviously designed to help a disabled person move themselves around. As Terry is looking around, he hears a voice, a whisper, seemingly coming from the bathroom, "Miri! Miri, dear, help nana out of the tub."

Skarsgard

Explorer
Miriam

Miriam flips the switch in the closet light a few times and unscrews the blown light. Noticing the diary she picks it up, blowing the dust off. She examines the board it was under to make sure there is nothing amiss.

Looking at the age of the book she guesses it doesn't belong to Olivia and opens it; quickly flicking through to see if she can determine who it belonged to.

She smiles as she hears the kids making themselves at home and goes to the kitchen to unpack a few items leaving the diary on the kitchen bench.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Bella waves a hand in front of her face, clearing the dust with a couple of coughs. "Awww, how cute," she says while picking up the toys. She picks up the card and reads it, her eyebrows furrowing. "Hmmm, says Miriam, same name as Mom. Weird." She shrugs her shoulders, stuffs the card back into the box of toys and continues to search and clean out the closet.

mips42

Adventurer
Mark

crap, no. I don;t need this on top of everything else. 'You had your chance, bud.' With that, Mark will attempt to tackle the man at the knees and then forcefully hold him down.

Simon sees the ongoing melee and quickly runs out to the parking lot, to his car. He fumbles around his medical bag, frantically searching for his tranquilizer dart gun.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases