The Seven Realms - Chapter The First - A Curse of Storms and Green Eyes

Scotley

Hero
Larris Human Fighter

Orvallon said:
The stable is indeed easily found, though the lanterns lighting the back court swing crazily in the high wind. As the wellarmed warrior approaches the stable doors, a head pokes out, one belonging to a boy of about twelve. "Hail, Sir." The boys eyes widen, and he says, "That's a lot of weapons you have there, are you a gladiator?"

Larris smiles, "No lad, but I've seen my share of battles. Can ye take care of these tired soldiers of mine? When this storm breaks they need some exercise. And see that they get plenty of fresh water, after a long voyage that brackish barrel stuff and no moving is gonna bind them up. Can ye brush them down and get the worst of the mud off them and there tack?" Larris begins to strip the horses of gear hanging the barding, saddles and other tack to dry. Then he starts to seperate the gear into a couple of piles. Larris uses a bit of hay to clean the worst of the mud off himself and sweeps the water from his hair. He hoists armor and better weapons onto his shoulder with a grunt. "Lad, if ye think there's room to be had in this place can ye bring the rest of my gear to a room for me?" He tosses the lad a gold coin, a rare one from a distant city he's picked up in his travels. "Take good care of these beasts and there's 3 good Kythraen silver pieces for you tomorrow. " He head for the inn's door.

Rayex

First Post
Oxana - Female Half-Celestial Bard

Thanking the innkeeper, Oxana head for a chair by the fire. Ah this should dry me off some bit she thinks to herself when a man approacehes. "Good day to you Frea. I am Oxana, pleased to meet you." she finnishes with a smile.

Orvallon

First Post
Scotley said:
Larris smiles, "No lad, but I've seen my share of battles. Can ye take care of these tired soldiers of mine? When this storm breaks they need some exercise. And see that they get plenty of fresh water, after a long voyage that brackish barrel stuff and no moving is gonna bind them up. Can ye brush them down and get the worst of the mud off them and there tack?" Larris begins to strip the horses of gear hanging the barding, saddles and other tack to dry. Then he starts to seperate the gear into a couple of piles. Larris uses a bit of hay to clean the worst of the mud off himself and sweeps the water from his hair. He hoists armor and better weapons onto his shoulder with a grunt. "Lad, if ye think there's room to be had in this place can ye bring the rest of my gear to a room for me?" He tosses the lad a gold coin, a rare one from a distant city he's picked up in his travels. "Take good care of these beasts and there's 3 good Kythraen silver pieces for you tomorrow. " He head for the inn's door.

The stableboy grins, and says, "I'm sure there's room for a warrior like you, sir. With the storm and all, Master Calimorton says there's not much custom to be had this night."

The inn itself is warm and inviting, and the inkeeper smiles, seeing another customer. "Aye, and welcome to ye, warrior. Sit down and rest a bit, we've got a fine hot stew on, and fresh baked bread, if ye're of a mind to eat a bit, and good dark ale, and honey mead, if it's a drink ye're looking for."

Scotley

Hero
Larris Human Fighter

Orvallon said:
The stableboy grins, and says, "I'm sure there's room for a warrior like you, sir. With the storm and all, Master Calimorton says there's not much custom to be had this night."

The inn itself is warm and inviting, and the inkeeper smiles, seeing another customer. "Aye, and welcome to ye, warrior. Sit down and rest a bit, we've got a fine hot stew on, and fresh baked bread, if ye're of a mind to eat a bit, and good dark ale, and honey mead, if it's a drink ye're looking for."

"Well met Master Calimorton, I am Larris Farvold. I'd be most greatful some bread and stew as well as a mug ale. I'm most greatful for the hospitality of your place. That storm is out there tonight is blowin' straight up from the infernal." He drops the load of gear next to an empty table near the fire and takes a seat glancing around at the other inhabitants. He tries hard not to stare or appear started at the odd winged woman. He raises his mug in salute to the young blonde man that he takes for a fellow warrior and sets to work on the food before him. If I never eat another weavel-riden ship's biscuit or dried fish again it will be too soon.

Last edited:

Orvallon

First Post
Not long after Larris makes his way into the Cleft Chin, Dora, the green eyed teenage girl, comes out, carrying a heavy tray, laden down with large bowls of stew, small loaves of warm bread, and rounds of a soft yellow cheese.

She smiles to all as she lays out the food, though she stops, for a long moment, and stares at the half celestial, a flicker of recognition, and perhaps fear, troubling her expression before she smiles and serves Oxanna's meal.

Calimorton himself brings the drinks, chuckling as the pints of dark ale, and the pitcher of summer wine with a glass, are placed before the adventurers. Then the innkeeper goes back to his perch behind his oaken bar, leaving the diners to their meals.

The storm continues outside, and at times, it almost seems that the lightning flashes green, rather then the normal blinding whiteness of a storm. Still, the inn's shutters are all closed, and the only light from without is what comes through the slats.

Scotley

Hero
Larris Human Fighter

Larris finishes his meal in silence. He wanders to the windows with his mug in hand and peers out through the slats at the storm for a bit. Finally, he wanders over to the bar for a refill. "You get storms like this often?" he askes Master Calimorton.

Orvallon

First Post
Scotley said:
Larris finishes his meal in silence. He wanders to the windows with his mug in hand and peers out through the slats at the storm for a bit. Finally, he wanders over to the bar for a refill. "You get storms like this often?" he askes Master Calimorton.

Calimorton swallows a bit nervously, then shakes his head. "Tis only a storm, I'm thinking. But it is uncommon strong, and that's a fact."

Scotley

Hero
Larris Human Fighter

Orvallon said:
Calimorton swallows a bit nervously, then shakes his head. "Tis only a storm, I'm thinking. But it is uncommon strong, and that's a fact."

"I knew a brave fellow once. His last words were 'tis only an ogre, but it is uncommon strong'." Lifting his cup, "to those we lost along the way." He turns to Erkenbrand. "You look like a fellow warrior. Can I buy you a round?"

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Erkenbrand smiles back at the heavily armed man next to him.

"I've no need for more drink just now, though I greatly appreciate the offer." Here he paused to take a sip from his tankard. "So, are you in off a ship or from the landbound parts."

Scotley

Hero
Nac Mac Feegle said:
Erkenbrand smiles back at the heavily armed man next to him.

"I've no need for more drink just now, though I greatly appreciate the offer." Here he paused to take a sip from his tankard. "So, are you in off a ship or from the landbound parts."

"I'm fresh off rotting brush pile the captain generously called a ship. Its good to be back on land. I'd hate to be a sea in this storm." He extends a hand, "Larris Farvold is the name. A pleasure to meet you. So tell me where does one seek employ of a martial nature in these parts?"

Remove ads