The Seven Realms - Chapter The First - A Curse of Storms and Green Eyes

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Erkenbrand stands smoothly and draws his sword, as does Frea. The two exchange a quick glance at each other, then Frea nods, all jocularity and needling replaced by the trust of two close friends.

OOC: Erkenbrand delays action until Frea's turn.

wizardneedsfood

First Post
Aidan steps in front of Toby so that he is between the boy and the creatures that just entered the tavern. Once sure that the boy is covered, Aidan starts saying undecipherable words and moving his hands with controlled motions, staring directly at the creature that had just attacked the celestial.

OOC: Casting, or attempting to cast anyway, Searing Light aimed at the monster attcking Oxana.

Acid_crash

First Post
Ari'mone Halfling Monk

Ari'mone has been walking these past two months alone, and so far nothing eventful has happened to him. He walks his path alone, keeping to himself and usually avoids strangers, just him and his walking stick (equivalent of a quarterstaff, but just a large stick to him). Aiden was supposed to be coming this way, but he's known Aiden long enough to know that sometimes the cleric forgets appointments when a beautiful girl shows her pretty face towards him. As it should be, I do not need the company of a woman to keep me happy. Ari'mone smiles to himself as the thought of the last woman he tried to pleasure, the slap on his face and how red it was.

He laughs to himself at the memory, those were the days, I wonder how Aiden is doing. Let's just hope he remembers to meet me at Elam's Cleft and shows up on time this time.

A couple days ago Ari'mone entered a rarely used path through a forest, and that's when the rain began. He's walked through rain before, heck, even prefers it to the heat of summer, but this rain felt different.

Today, Ari'mone feels the same way. This rain is definately different, almost unholy, and that flash of green lightning sure isn't normal.

His legs tired after two months of walking, he sure could use a nights sleep in a bed for one night, that isn't too much to ask. Ari'mone climbs a rise, pulls out a single silver, his only money, and moves it across his knuckles, back and forth. Aiden could never do this, he was always too clumsy.

At the top of the small hill, drentched in wet clothes that have seen better days, Ari'mone walks down the path towards the town. Nearing town, when the lightning flashes again it's pale, vile, green, Ari'mone saw the shadows of four beings walking towards the inn (ooc - I hope it's okay for me to put that into the description).

Well, well, well, it looks like I came at the right time. I sure hope I beat Aiden to this lovely party.

Rayex

First Post
Oxana - Female Half-Celestial Bard

Oxana enjoys the conversation with Frea while eating her stew untill the man get called on. The last couple of minutes there had been some green flashes and she was trying to figure out what this was before the door opened and four misshapen men entered. Well now, what is this she thought before one of them, apparently their leader, attacked her.

He was quick and before she was able to react he had her blade in her and a terrible evil feeling came with the wound in her flesh.

"Who are you? I've never seen you before!" the young woman barely manages to say through clenched teeth. Oh the pain!
She flaps her wings a couple of times to bring her out of the mans reach, then she calls upon the power of her heritage to protect her from more harm.

OOC: Move to the back of the room, close to the Erkenbrand, Frea and Larris, then she cast Protection From Evil on herself.

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Erkenbrand and Frea rise as one as the half-celestial flees towards them. The two exchange a glance, and then without a word charge the leader in tandem.

When Frea's turn comes up, Erkenbrand will stop delaying action and the two will act together. Both will rise and draw swords (move action), Frea will activate the two Auras Motivate Attack (+1 to all melee attack rolls) and Over the Top (+3 to all charge damage rolls). Then both partial charge forward so as to flank the leader and attack him.

Taking into account the bonus for flanking, Erkenbrand attacks at +16 for 1d8+7 damage, and Frea attacks at +11 for 1d8+5 damage.

Scotley

Hero
Larris Human Fighter

Larris is on his feet in an instant, reflexs born of many battles take over. The first hammer is leaving his hand almost before he knows he has drawn it. His aim is for the leader, but with care not to hit the winged woman. A second hammer is close on the first. Finally, a third hammer is in his left hand and the carefully honed but battle scared sword is in the right. He steps a few feet closer to the foes.

ooc: Hammer throws are at +5 and 0 given that Larris is taking care not to hit others and that he is within 30' (subtract 1 if more than 30) for damage of 1d4+3 for each, also one is cold forged iron the other silvered if it matters.

Orvallon

First Post
Round 1 - The Cleft Chin

After the blade of the misshapen creature slashes Oxana, it hisses and ducks as two hammers fly past it. "yer impertinence will go hard on ye, boy. Tis not wise to get between a man and his vengeance."

Larris' aim is spoiled a bit by the sudden unfurling of the half-celestials pristine white wings, as she screams in pain and propels herself away from the thing, leaving a trail of blood behind her from her wound. A moment later the room is briefly lit by a silvery light, and a faint sound of music and laughter is heard, as Corinale's protection is called down around Oxana.

The three creatures near the door look at Aidan. One of them rasps out. "Now look what we have here...a brave man...let's kill him." His blade licks out, missing the cleric by a hair. But the other two move up, laughing in an odd, gravelly way, and flank the young cleric, one's blade biting deep, bringing an agonized gasp, the the wound burning as it's edges curl, and rot, from the touch of pure evil. (8 slashing damage, 2 special)

Erkenbrand and Frea move up like the well oiled team they are, blades flashing and slashing. Erkenbrand's blade bites into the horror's side (10 points damage), drawing a hiss, but no blood. Frea's strike bites through the chain shirt the thing wears, but the skin beneath seems unnaturally tough and thick, and turns his strike.

Aidan, despite the pain of his wound, calls upon Aeos, Lord of the Sun, and manages to concentrate enough to keep focussed both on the blades of his foes, and the prayer he is trying to finish. A beam of heavenly light leaps from his hands, and smashes into the back of the leader, the smell of burning flesh accompanied by a howl of unholy agony. ( 18 points damage)

Outside, Ari'mone saw the four figures enter, and can see through the door the flash of light from Aidan's spell, which also shows the three figures attacking the cleric in stark relief.

Inside, there is a clatter and screams of fear from the kitchen.

Scotley

Hero
Larris Human Fighter

Larris moves up quickly and swings his sword at one of the 3 attacking Aiden. He will move into a flanking position if the opportunity comes.

ooc: Bastard sword at +11 for 1d10+5. I am assuming that Larris needs to move to far to take a full attack this round.

Remove ads