The Shadowlight Chronicles; now full-fledged d20 Modern!

Oh! Of course! :eek: Everything from the Shadow Chasers game (except for magic, at least to my knowledge) is being used, including base classes, the VP/WP set-up and all that. Weapons and equipment is from CoC, as are a few skills and feats that aren't in Shadow Chasers. Other than that, I'm not sure. So far, we've only had one "combat", if you can even call it that, so other than chargen and some skill checks, we haven't used the mechanics much yet.

Although, like I said, our DM is very surprised at how slow we're going. We're going into our third session this coming Saturday with our DM saying he's still going on material he thought we'd get through in our first session. Most likely, we'll have to pull out our guns a bit next time as we get involved with the Dragons and their mysterious warehouse.

Last edited:

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Thanks for the answer!

And the Hero classes (Charismatic Hero, Strong Hero...) work well in your game? I mean, do you like them?

Horacio said:
Thanks for the answer!

And the Hero classes (Charismatic Hero, Strong Hero...) work well in your game? I mean, do you like them?
Yes, I do. I like how they fade into the background. As a rogue in D&D, for instance, I never quite got rid of the "what does the thief do this round?" kind of thing. Here, our classes are so transparent that I can't even remember what most folks classes are.

Yet they still work well. Like I said earlier, we didn't make our own characters, but I ended up as a 6th level Smart hero. I'm glad I also have some stealth feats and skills, as well as pistol proficiency, though!

This is nifty, and it reminds me of the game I played in, Savannah Knights. It had much more magic than this one does, but we had our own share of mysteries and plots. Very fun. I now wish I could replay the game with modern classes. I never even looked at Shadow Chasers.

RangerWickett said:
This is nifty, and it reminds me of the game I played in, Savannah Knights. It had much more magic than this one does, but we had our own share of mysteries and plots. Very fun. I now wish I could replay the game with modern classes. I never even looked at Shadow Chasers.
Thanks! To be honest, we don't know how much (if any) magic is present in the setting. We're somewhat assuming that Mr. Disappear-o from the first session used some kind of technology, but it sure seemed more like magic. Really, I think the thrust of the setting here is to be like CoC except not so fragile.

Hey, is that Savannah Knights archived? Or here on the forum somewhere still?

Uvenelei

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
Part II: Farmyard Frolics

[*]Matt recieved, on June 21st a series of pictures, apparently taken in the 1880s, of some archeological digs in Central America, where a number of odd boxes were being excavated. What's even odder, and he had these authenticated by photography experts, is that he is in the photos, and what's more, after seeing Trisha, she is also in the photos. Tim also recognizes someone from the photos as well.

Wow, I love it. I've just started a modern day game myself (DnD rules with a few CoC and Spycraft elements thrown in for tech an such), and I was wondering how I was going to introduce a new character for the next session when I came upon the above. It is so stolen. :D

I love games like this, and the Savannah Knights storyhour is another really good one. I think it's still on the forums, but you'll have to look a ways back to find it.

Keep it comin': I have a feeling I'll be back for more "inspiration" soon.

Arrgghh! We didn't play this week. One couple couldn't come, and two other wives (including my own) had been burning the candle at both ends too long, and went home and crashed instead. So with a group of 7 players and a DM reduced to 3 players and a DM, we just played Settlers of Cataan and Tim's new xbox all night.

Fun, but not worth reporting the results, I wouldn't think...

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Joshua Dyal said:
and two other wives (including my own) had been burning the candle at both ends too long, and went home and crashed instead.

Non-native English speaker alert: What does it mean? :eek:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases