• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Sharn Inquisitive Episode 1: The harder they fall

bento

Explorer
Looking over at Reech, "Seems like we have several leads - the rings, the victim's address and the university. I'll see if Pohl wants to go with me to the residence. I have a feeling its several hundred feet straight up. Do you want to tag along or start checking out the college?"

Zenthil walks back into the office and grabs some gear - hat/raincoat, business cards and a small pad and pen for taking notes. Coming back out he sees Pohl shaking down a goblin.

"Pohl, after your through with your friendly chat, would you care to join me in a short walk?"

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Zenthil said:
"Pohl, after your through with your friendly chat, would you care to join me in a short walk?"
Pohl d'Velderan turns his head over his shoulder while he still has the goblin around the neck, and looks at Zenthil. "Of course, my friend. Won't be a moment!" He then turns back to the goblin and gives him a good shake. "Well? Answer me!"

Enforcer

Explorer
mcnathan80 said:
Turning their attention to the rings found on Haris' fingers Anders and Zade try to discern any relevent information about their owner from them. Meanwhile, Kalserath attempts to console a horrified witness of the crime scene. As this takes place, Reech and Zenthil conclude their studies of the body. Off to the side Pohl can be seen conversing with a city goblin.
[sblock=Kalserath]As you cradle the near catatonic girl in your arms you are assaulted with waves of empathyfrom your Quori spirit. You are treated to visions of Serath cradling a dying deva in his arms, and for a brief moment you feel as if you are doing the same thing. Soon the feeling passes and you are aware of the girl who has recovered somewhat from her stupor and is crying softly against your chest[/sblock]
Having settled the girl down, Kalserath gently lifts her chin to look in her eyes.

"Miss, you'll be just fine. Go on home, get yourself cleaned up, and have a nice meal with family and friends. We have this matter well in hand."

Assuming that the girl goes about her business, Kalserath joins his fellow investigators.

"Have we learned any details as to who's responsible for this crime?" the kalashtar asks, his chest smeared with blood from the girl he had just calmed.

mcnathan80

First Post
[sblock=Pohl]The goblin stares at you in absolute horror "Please sir, I don't know anything. I was trying to make some coin that is all. I'm scum, I'm lower than scum. Scum looks at me and says 'that guy is scum'. Please let me be, I promise I'll never cross House Tharashk again you'll see." The goblin's eyes well with tears as he awaits your response.[/sblock]

[sblock=Kalserath]The girl, numbly stands and mumbles thanks before heading off, presumably back home. You approach the group to see Anders standing in a complete trance, Pohl holding a goblin by the throat, and Reech mirroring the body in every way. Predictably nobody pays much attention to your bloody clothes. But perhaps it would be in everyones bets interest if you chanegd before heading out.[/sblock]

[sblock=Zenthil]So where exactly are you heading first?[/sblock]

Cthulhudrew

First Post
bento said:
Looking over at Reech, "Seems like we have several leads - the rings, the victim's address and the university. I'll see if Pohl wants to go with me to the residence. I have a feeling its several hundred feet straight up. Do you want to tag along or start checking out the college?"

Reech stands, shifting back into its normal form as it does so. "The body was a student?" it asks. "That is interesting. Still, I think it would be best to seek its home first. There should be more information to be found there."

bento

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]
I was thinking we could regroup, go over the clues and map out where we'll head to next.

The three most likely places to search would be the victim's residence, the university he attended, and gather more info on the ring that gave Anders the willies... I'd like to see what the others think about our next action.

Personally I wanted to visit the residence - see where it is in relation to where the body ended up. I get the feeling it's straight up...
[/sblock]

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Goblin said:
"Please sir, I don't know anything. I was trying to make some coin that is all. I'm scum, I'm lower than scum. Scum looks at me and says 'that guy is scum'. Please let me be, I promise I'll never cross House Tharashk again you'll see."

Pohl pulls the goblin up by the neck and stares into his eyes to acertain if the goblin is telling him the truth. (Sense Motive +7)

If he thinks the goblin is, he drops the little vermin and shoos him away, then turns to Zenthil and says "Ready when you are, sir. Let's go!"

mcnathan80

First Post
DEFCON 1 said:
Pohl pulls the goblin up by the neck and stares into his eyes to acertain if the goblin is telling him the truth. (Sense Motive +7)
[sblock=Pohl]After hearing the goblin's pathetic speech you lift him closer to your eyes, and see the abject terror in him. He's either truly penitent, or a very good actor.[/sblock]

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Pohl stares into those beady eyes for a few more moments, then decides the little vermin has suffered enough. He drops him roughly and then turns away from him to join with Zenthil. "Don't let me catch you around here again! You got that? If you need money... go grovel for coin like a normal beggar!"

When he reaches Zenthil, he puts a hand out onto his shoulder. "I'm right there with you. Let's go."

bento

Explorer
Zenthil brings Pohl up-to-date with what's been found so far in the investigation.

"Let's head up to 216 Torchlit Lane to see who's around. I'm not expecting trouble, especially if you're with me. Reech will be coming along as well."

Zenthil then starts talking to the team members to see where they would be heading off to.

"We shouldn't be more than a few hours. If we run into any trouble we'll send word back to the office."

Remove ads