• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Sharn Inquisitive Episode 1: The harder they fall

mcnathan80

First Post
After waiting for what seems like forever for Anders to end his trance he finally awakes and gives you his findings. After, you decide to make your way to Haris's address. As the rain falls on the team while you traverse the streets Pohl shows you alleyways, and hidden stairwells that the rest of you didn't know existed. Finally, after about six minutes of travel you arrive at 216 Torchlit Ln. The door is closed, what do you do?

[sblock=Zenthil]No worries man, I certainly didn't take your post as 'pushy', and I certainly have been in that position of not knowing what the GM is doing, or even if they're going to ever post again. Rest assured, if I ever decide to shut this post down I will let you all know. However, I feel like you and I want to see how this mystery plays out ;). [/sblock]

[sblock=Zade]Sorry for the 'ultimatum' back there. but I hate to see posts where someone joins up and is all raring to go, and then just quits leaving everyone in a lurch. I do, however, appreciate your situation, as it is one I too am currently facing. Just try to keep up as best you can, and we'll work something out. BTW don't post in the OOC I'm not going to check it, just post OOC in a statblock here, cool?[/sblock]

[sblock=Pohl]I went ahead and 'took a 10' on your Knowledge:Local check to cut the travel time in half. Go urban rangers :lol: [/sblock]

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Enforcer said:
Turning to his friends, Kalserath asks in a calm whisper, "Should I scout the building, peek through windows, the usual?"

Reech gives Kalserath an inquisitive look. "Should we not simply knock?"

Enforcer

Explorer
Cthulhudrew said:
Reech gives Kalserath an inquisitive look. "Should we not simply knock?"
Kalserath shrugs and says, "Is it not possible that the persons responsible for Haris ir'Rolan's death could be in his home?"

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Enforcer said:
Kalserath shrugs and says, "Is it not possible that the persons responsible for Haris ir'Rolan's death could be in his home?"

"I would think it not likely. Deaths by falling are rather rare in Sharn, due to the standing rewards for spellcasters to rescue anyone they see in flight. Attempting to push one to its death is usually the mark of an impulse prompted by opportunity, rather than premeditation." It pauses a moment, considering. "Of course, we cannot be certain the body was not already dead before it fell, due to the damage done on impact."

Reech seems to shrug slightly. "Still, I would be surprised if its murderers would still be present at its home, given the length of time since the incident."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
"Let's be official here, gents. We're not part of the guard force in Sharn, we're private investigators. If we go skulking about this property, we could easily be arrested for tresspassing or perhaps even worse. As far as anyone is concerned at this very moment... the occupants of this estate have done nothing wrong and it wouldn't be prudent for us to treat them as criminals."

He then smirks, then looks up and down the street. "That being said... I also would not like to see anyone escape from this house until we've had a chance to have a friendly word with the occupants... so how about I go around back to keep an eye on things while you two knock on the door to say hello? And if I see anyone try and sneak out the back, I'll put up a shout and then take them into custody. How does that sound?"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Anders remains silent, as was his usual wont. When his gifts were needed, he would be ready. For now, patience.

bento

Explorer
"Pohl - that sounds great. I'll give you a minute to get back there and then I'll knock. Anyone else want to join him?"

[sblock=ooc]DM - what's the place look like? Is there multiple entrances or windows? Do any of them look visibly messed with? Are there anyone else around besides us?[/sblock]

mcnathan80

First Post
216 Torchlit Ln is more a townhouse than an actual home, or apartment. It is set into the side of a tower about 30 feet up, you are standing in what appears to be the courtyard of this particular estate. This looks like a typical upscale college dwelling. There is one door in front, a window to the left side with the curtains shut, and a casual glance doesn't reveal any movement inside.

[sblock=Pohl]As you attempt to go around the back you find that the estate drops off quite suddenly and you are treated to a clear view of the streets of lower menthis from 30' up. However, each townhouse has a balcony in the back. Perhaps if you could get over there...[/sblock]

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Pohl stares over at the balcony to the townhouse, then looks down to see the precipitous drop to the streets below. He spend a few seconds calculating what it would take to climb or jump across to reach the balcony... then realizes quite suddenly that you know what? He's not that stupid. And if anyone inside that townhouse tries to make his escape out this back way and can survive a leap from this balcony... then they DESERVE to escape.

But to be on the safe side while the others check out what's happening inside, he remains out back here and keeps a look out just in case.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads