• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Sharn Inquisitive Episode 1: The harder they fall

Cthulhudrew

First Post
The changeling reaches a hand towards the doorknob. "Perhaps it is not locked?"

[sblock=ooc]Reech will turn the knob to see if the door is even locked. Maybe they left it open for us? :)[/sblock]

mcnathan80

First Post
Standing outside the door of a dead man's house always made you a little nervous, especially knowing that the perp might be inside. Every single person that sees you may be in on it, it gets to a point that it's hard to trust anybody. But that's what it's like living on the fringes, exposing the brutal underbelly of a city like Sharn.

[sblock=Reech] You extend your gray, featurless hand and grasp the knob attempting to turn it only to find the door is quite locked.[/sblock]

[sblock=Kalserath]Don't forget: I would like to make rolls like that since I don't want you to know how well you did. It cuts down on meta gaming issues, I hope you understand. Plus it won't slow the game down any since you have to wait for me to tell you what you see right? Just let me know you want to make a roll and I'll go ahead and roll it up :) Any way, according to my roll, you see someone peeking at you through their window across the courtyard.[/sblock]

[sblock=Pohl]While you're standing there a person comes out two balconies down from you. "Excuse me sir, could you please explain to me what it is you're doing just standing there looking onto the residents balconies?"[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Anders unsettling wide eyed gaze scans the building, the street, taking in the quiet. It is not the quiet sound however, it is the quiet of the minds, of the destinies. He had been around the others enough to be able to block out their fates, but throngs of people were... unsettling.

Looking at the others in front of the door, Anders asks, "If there is none home, is it a home? And if it is not a home, is entering a crime?"

Enforcer

Explorer
Kalserath whispers quietly, "We are being watched from across the courtyard."

[sblock=ooc]Hey, no problem on the skill rolls. Can I see any details about this person? Notice +8[/sblock]

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
"Excuse me sir, could you please explain to me what it is you're doing just standing there looking onto the residents balconies?"
"Ah! Good afternoon! Yes, that is a very good question indeed. My name is Pohl D'Velderan... member of House Tharashk here in Sharn, and currently on an assignment of some import. Trying to catch a murderer, you see... and he's right here in your neighborhood. If I were you... I'd duck back inside lest a stray crossbow bolt comes flying from this purveyor of death, whereever he is hiding. Better to protect yourself than get involved. But don't you worry! We've got everything under control out here! We'll flush him out shortly!"

He gives the man a wide, winning smile. (Diplomacy check +5 to get the man on his side.)

mcnathan80

First Post
[sblock=Kalserath]Trying to scrutinize more detail from your spectator, you peer more closely into the window of the townhouse. It appears that a young woman is staring out the window at you, once she notices you are staring back she quickly retreats from the window.[/sblock]

[sblock=Pohl]"Well sir, I'm Darrin Mahshin, community president, and I think that if you want that story to fly you're going to have to show me some ID, or proof of occupation before I let you snoop around this complex." He says smugly.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads