The Shield: Season 7

S. Baldrick

Explorer
This is a thread for discussing the 7th and final season of what I consider to be the best show on television: The Shield

Are there any other fans of this show on this board? Is so, what do you think of the final season so far?

Enforcer

Explorer
Haven't seen this week's episode yet (but have it recorded), but this season seems pretty good. Can't wait to see how it all ends up...

DonTadow

First Post
I've been a little underwhelmed up until this last episode, when Vin's machinations began to unravel. This is always the best part of the show. I thought things were going to according to plan at first.

I also got to see more of the bumbling dutch, always trying to make something bigger than what it is or might be.

Megaton

First Post
I've been a little underwhelmed up until this last episode, when Vin's machinations began to unravel. This is always the best part of the show. I thought things were going to according to plan at first.

I also got to see more of the bumbling dutch, always trying to make something bigger than what it is or might be.
So did I actually. I think it's cool to see him slip up from time to time. I'm interested to see how his daughter is going to play into the story too moving forward.

DonTadow

First Post
So did I actually. I think it's cool to see him slip up from time to time. I'm interested to see how his daughter is going to play into the story too moving forward.

I certainly don't think we've seen the last of her. She has a lot of pinned up anger and i think it will manifest somehow. Whatever she does it will lead to Vic's downfall.

I like Shane a bit this season. That is wierd for me. The more he talks the more I think about how what he did to Lem is what Vic has been doing to everyone. I guess now that we're a couple years removed from Lem, I have fresh eyes and "get" Shane this year.

S. Baldrick

Explorer
I thought that last night's episode was pretty good. I am glad that they gave us more on the reason Agent Olivia Murray sudden showed up. Up until then, I she just seemed to be a character that was introduced just for the heck of of it. Vic admitting to Shane that he wants to stop Cruz Pezuela as a means to atone for the evil that he has committed was cool. I also liked the way that Shane is working on turning Ronnie against Vic. I don't think that Ronnie will turn on Vic but then again, you never know. I have to wonder if they are going to do any more with Dutch's storyline with his efforts to out the teenage Lloyd as a serial killer. Judging from the way the kid acted when Dutch confronted him, I have to think that Dutch is right on this one.

Last edited:

DonTadow

First Post
I thought that last night's episode was pretty good. I am glad that they gave us more on the reason Agent Olivia Murray sudden showed up. Up until then, I she just seemed to be a character that was introduced just for the heck of of it. Vic admitting to Shane that he wants to stop Cruz Pezuela as a means to atone for the evil that he has committed was cool. I also liked the way that Shane is working on turning Ronnie against Vic. I don't think that Ronnie will turn on Vic but then again, you never know. I have to wonder if they are going to do any more with Dutch's storyline with his efforts to out the teenage Lloyd as a serial killer. Judging from the way the kid acted when Dutch confronted him, I have to think that Dutch is right on this one.
I don't know, Dutch always wants to be more than what he is and he is always chasing the serial killer angle. Even the FBI profiler said that he didn't see it. Yet Dutch only heard the maybe in the statement. The boy might have some demons, but serial killer may not be it.

S. Baldrick

Explorer
I don't know, Dutch always wants to be more than what he is and he is always chasing the serial killer angle. Even the FBI profiler said that he didn't see it. Yet Dutch only heard the maybe in the statement. The boy might have some demons, but serial killer may not be it.

True, but the serial killer saw it in the kid. But then again, the serial killer could have told Dutch what he wanted to hear just out of spite and Dutch often sees what he wants to see. Only time will tell if Dutch is right...or not since this is the final season. I don't know if they can fit in the storyline with all this is coming to a head with Vic, the strike team, the Armenians and the Mexican mob.

Last edited:

DonTadow

First Post
True, but the serial killer saw it in the kid. But then again, the serial killer could have told Dutch what he wanted to hear just out of spite and Dutch often sees what he wants to see. Only time will tell if Dutch is right...or not since this is the final season. I don't know if they can fit in the storyline with all this is coming to a head with Vic, the strike team, the Armenians and the Mexican mob.

That serial killer is such a good liar, I just can't believe him. I was so upset that claudette fell right into his trap.

YOu're right I don't think they have time for another serial killer story. It's quicker if Dutch is wrong . I mean, after all he doesn't think the kid is a serial killer, he thinks the kid could be a serial killer. The kids been cleared of the first crime but how can you try him for crimes you think he is going to make in the future

I thought the new female cop was going to get fired for not clearing out that room but it seems that got pushed to the back for a bit.

Remove ads