The Shield: Season 7

coyote6

Adventurer
Yeah, besides the not-so-minor factor of the Strike Team being dirty as hell, Mara is the root of what doomed them. Her spending the cash from the money train put the Feds and the Armenian mob on their trail, which led to Lem freaking out and burning the cash, which eventually led to Shane concluding that Lem would crack and thus had to be killed.

Personally, I think I'm rooting for Vic to go out in a blaze of glory, and die taking out the cartel guys or the like. I really hope he doesn't get away clean, though; I don't know if that would be a satisfying conclusion.

DonTadow

First Post
Only two episodes left. Last night's episode felt like i was watching a vortex slowly close up. Now Vic's in 100k to the mexican cartel and the black gangs, Ronny's already has an indictment waiting for him and claudette has it out to make her career busting vic mackey. (this will turn over a lot of cases regardless of what she thinks)

Meanwhile i felt bad for shane again at the end of this episode. The writers have done a great job making him hated one episode and sympathetic another. One of them is going to die soon ahd he knows it. He's too dumb to do anything right and he's in a world of trouble.

Megaton

First Post
I still suspect Ronnie is going to factor into the ending for this show. I wouldn't be surprised if he took some type of bride or payoff to escape that by helping take down Vic. Or going on the stand against time at trial.

DonTadow

First Post
I still suspect Ronnie is going to factor into the ending for this show. I wouldn't be surprised if he took some type of bride or payoff to escape that by helping take down Vic. Or going on the stand against time at trial.

I couldn't agree with you more, especially now. Great episode, very emotional. Recounting your every sin, selling out your best friend, realizing you may be promising something that you can't deliver... it was amazing. Great.

So I think this is how it plays out. Ronnie catches hold of the deal, probbaly from claudette, ronnie kills vic out of sheer vengenance, shane goes to jail, realizing that he has ruined his family.

Or, vic is killed by a fed bullet, no one likes a dirty cop... especially one that killed another cop or law enforcement. This series will go down as one of the best shakespearean tragedies.

S. Baldrick

Explorer
Man, last night's episode was powerful. The story of the last seven years was written over every inch of Michael Chiklis's face as he made his confession for all of his sins. Vic's betrayal of Ronnie and watching Claudette totally lose it on Dutch was like getting kicked in the stomach. I can only imagine what they have in store for us in the final episode.

DonTadow

First Post
I know I'll be ready. HIghlight of the evening. It's like watching the finale scene of the last act of a good tragedy.

I really liked the ending. The small bit of definance that Vic still show characterizes the show. Those last 45 minutes were so powerful. Knowing that Claudette brought Vick there to break him, so that he could see ronnie being carted to jail for life, so that he could see the hell he led shane to. And before that the last converstaion between Shane and vic, I just kept thinking wow this feels like a last conversation between these two. With vic showing off how smart he was and Shane completely breaking down. i have no doubt that if he had not talked to vic, he would not have committed suicide.

I"m glad I was able to witness this great show.

Storm Raven

First Post
I really liked the ending. The small bit of definance that Vic still show characterizes the show. Those last 45 minutes were so powerful. Knowing that Claudette brought Vick there to break him, so that he could see ronnie being carted to jail for life, so that he could see the hell he led shane to. And before that the last converstaion between Shane and vic, I just kept thinking wow this feels like a last conversation between these two. With vic showing off how smart he was and Shane completely breaking down. i have no doubt that if he had not talked to vic, he would not have committed suicide.

I"m glad I was able to witness this great show.

Good god, yes!

Contrast the ending of the strike team - seperated, isolated, dead broke in every way possible with the strike team in the first episode of the series at the picnic at Vic's house - together, surrounded by Vic's loving family, awash in cash and power.

And eventually they turned on each other like wolves. Lem, killed by his "buddy". Shane dead by his own hand, after killing his pregnant wife and son. Ronny screwed by his only friend and in jail for life. Vic, alone, without his wife, kids, friends, or even coworkers who tolerate him, still delusional enough to think that by carrying a gun he is a real cop and not a pariah.

For all their scheming, plotting, and criminal acts, the strike team ended up with less than nothing.

S. Baldrick

Explorer
That was a great way to end the show.

Vic still defiant but stripped of everything that meant so much to him. I think that Vic's mind is compartmental enough that he will cope with his empty new life and he will believe that he still can get back what he has lost but I have to wonder how many options he has now that nearly every cop in L.A. knows that is is a
cop killer and that he sold out his partner to life behind bars.

It was heartbreaking to watch what happened with Shane and his family. Lem was my favorite character on the show so I loathed Shane for what he did but still, I didn't want him to go down that path.

I felt for Ronnie as well. He was totally loyal to Vic and look what that got him: "What about MY choice Vic!"

Man, I am really going to miss this show but Shawn Ryan did a great job in wrapping it up.

Last edited:

Remove ads