The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh - your experiences?

Mark Hope

Adventurer
Quasqueton said:
Takes less time to tell the similarities: The name of the town. Other than that, nothing.
Well, that and the fact that Ned Shakeshaft also appears in the DMGII version. Otherwise, no real similarities at all.

Thotas

First Post
Seeing this thread come back and seeing Saltmarsh in DMG II makes me want to run it as 3e for the current group!

ghul

Explorer
Thotas said:
Seeing this thread come back and seeing Saltmarsh in DMG II makes me want to run it as 3e for the current group!

Are there any 3/3.5e conversions out there?

I, too, am intrigued to go old school on my players and run this. Last time I ran this was about 20 years ago, back when I was a pimple-faced, braces-wearing, virgin lad wearing an Iron Maiden t-shirt . . . and a mullet.

--Ghul

Shades of Green

First Post
I've played Sinister Secret of Saltmarch in an IRC game in the late 1990's (1999 I think); the DM was Randy Bowers, and he've transfered Saltmarch to his world of Sulerin, renaming the city into Mendenton. He even has alot of information and the complete IRC logs here on his site.

This was one of the best games I've played in; Randy's description of the house were quite lifelike and inspiring, and the whole adventure was atmospheric; I recall that we've only finished half of the module (i.e. just the house and the smuggler caverns), but it has been a blast nonetheless.

Last edited:

Yornicus

First Post
Fourth thread of a series on the old classic Dungeons & Dragons adventure modules. It is interesting to see how everyone's experiences compared and differed.

The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh

u1.jpg

Did you Play or DM this adventure (or both, as some did)? What were your experiences? Did you complete it? What were the highlights for your group?

Did you also play the second and third modules of the series: Danger at Dunwater, and The Final Enemy? How did that go for you?

Quasqueton
well, i played the 5e edition of this, it ended up with my party killing everyone but one hobgoblin inside and we got the mansion, the guy Ned betrayed us and we killed him and afterwards we had to fight our way through the boat aswell because our druid is a dumbass that uses "im chaotic evil" as an excuse to do anything he likes, this included ruining my cover up story to get onto the crew, he showed his adventurer id to a guard wich then offcourse attacked us with the whole boat, anyway, i adopted Cuppa the parrot as my pet and now we currently finished the lizardfolk base, but i havent played further than that so no spoiler :)

Remove ads