• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Sinking Isle!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
You know, I wonder if that island has shown up as nothing more then a lump of sand in the sea and perhaps has been washed away recently, such as tsunami?

Cor Azer

First Post
You know, I wonder if that island has shown up as nothing more then a lump of sand in the sea and perhaps has been washed away recently, such as tsunami?

It'd have to be a significant tsunami : my understanding is that the ocean there is either 1400 or 14000 (not sure how many 0's) ft deep, and there's no sign of any underwater terrain that might support the island either.

Fast Learner

First Post
Having not seen those sources, but having heard the above from multiple places, are you sure it's not on sea charts? Maybe not current ones, but it may have been on older ones (of course, those could have been salts themselves before safety was a concern.

From the article linked above:
Despite the island appearing on Google Earth, the Times Atlas of the World and even on the research vessel's own weather maps, the scientists were perplexed because navigation charts showed the area to have water depths of over 4,500 feet - but no island.

Remove ads