The Speaker in Dreams (OOC)

Nero Kingsley

First Post
The town of Brindinford occupies a low hill beside the Brinding River. Crenellated stone walls, interrupted by tall watchtowers, surround the buildings, but the life of the town spills beyond its walls today. Colorful carts and wagons, flags and ribbons, and people of all sorts line the road for 100 yards beyond the gate. Dozens of halflings in bright colored costumes are directing most of the activities. A busy, lively hum of noise rises from the fair, and the smells of roasting meat, exotic spices, and cut flowers fills the air.

The town of Brindinford is in the midst of its annual street fair. Joy and merriment abound - until calamity disrupts the celebration. Are rival gangs responsible? Is the government sliding into tyranny? Or is a nightmarish plot about to come to fruition?

With the big crash and the loss of so many games, I've mustered up enough courage to start a game here on the boards. I've witnessed firsthand how quickly games fill up around here, so I'll set the deadline for character submissions at May 18. The town of Brindinford isn't on any Greyhawk map, so don't bother looking for it, but the more your character's background ties in to the campaign setting, the better your chances are of getting in. Assume it's not too far of a journey from the City of Greyhawk. Also, if you see the party is lacking a healer, a cleric or druid would be a pretty surefire way to get yourself a secured spot (the same holds true for rogues, casters, tanks, etc.). I will only be accepting four characters - no more, no less.

Character Creation Guidelines
Level: 5th.
Ability Scores: 28 point buy (do not add extra ability score point for level 4).
Gold: 9,000 gp.
Hit Points: Max at 1st level, average at even levels, average plus one at odds.
Books: Player's Handbook and Dungeon Master's Guide (prestige classes only, if you even meet the prerequisites). Sorry, I like the classic feel to D&D - plus I don't have the money to afford all those fancy splatbooks and supplements and whatnot.

Last edited:

nonamazing

Explorer
Elven Cleric of Corellon Larethian - Ivellios

This sounds like it could be a fun game. I'll toss my hat into the ring with this middle-aged Elven cleric. Enjoy!

Ivellios Galanodel
Race: Elf Class: Cleric/Bard Level: 3/2 Experience: 10,000
Alignment:Chaotic Good Deity: Corellon Larethian
Description: Above average height (5'5"), lean and scrawny (135 pounds), greyish-white long hair, silver eyes, pale white skin

Background:
Ivellios is an older elf who for many, many years has walked a quiet and solitary path. As a 'seeker', Ivellios has chosen to exile himself from his people in order to become closer to his deity, Corellon. Although his wanderings may, at times, seem aimless, he nevertheless often finds himself stumbling into odd and sometimes dangerous situations. Ivellios, truly pious, believes that Corellon himself is guiding his steps, testing his virtues at every turn. Each challenge is an inspiration to him.

Personality and Roleplaying notes:
While many solitary wanderers are moody and quiet, Ivellios is not. He is quick to smile and often very friendly, athough he always remains subdued and sedate. His mild good-natured attitude is tempered by his remarkable patience and understanding. He treasures the brief friendships he is able to make, for he knows all too well that soon enough Corellon will call on him to wander away once more.

Attributes:
Strength: 10 {+0} (3 point buy, -1 age)
Dexterity: 14 {+2} (5 point buy, -1 age, +2 racial)
Constitution: 9 {-1} (2 point buy, -1 age)
Intelligence: 14 {+2} (5 point buy, +1 age)
Wisdom: 16 {+3} (8 point buy, +1 age)
Charisma: 14 {+2} (5 point buy, +1 age)
--- (total point buy: 28)​
Combat:
Hit points: 18 (3d8-3 + 3d6-3) {8 + 4 + 5 + 3 +4}
Armor Class: 17 (+5 armor, +2 Dex)
--- Touch AC: 12 Flat-footed AC: 15
Initiative: +2 (Dex)
Speed: 30 feet
Base Attack Bonus: +3
--- Grapple: +3
Melee Attack: Mithral Longsword +5, 1d8 slashing damage, 19-20/X2 critical
Ranged Attack: Darkwood Longbow +7, 1d8 piercing damage, 20/x3 critical​
Saving Throws:
Fortitude: +2 (Class +3, Con -1)
Reflex: +6 (Class +4, Dex +2)
Will +9 (Class +6, Wis +3)​
Feats and Skills:
1st level Feat: Point Blank Shot
3rd level Feat: Precise Shot
Bonus Feat (Domain): Martial Weapon Proficiency (Longsword)
Bonus Feat (Domain): Weapon Focus (Longsword)

Craft (Weaponsmithing): +6 (4 ranks, +2 Int)
Concentration: +7 (8 ranks, -1 Con)
Diplomacy: +9 (7 ranks, +2 Cha)
Heal: +5 (2 ranks, +3 Wis)
Knowledge (History): +7 (5 ranks, +2 Int)
Listen: +5 (Wis +3, Racial +2)
Perform (sing): +8 (6 ranks, Cha +2)
Search: +4 (Int +2, Racial +2)
Sense Motive: +4 (1 rank, Wis +3)
Spellcraft: +6 (4 ranks, Int +2)
Spot: +5 (Wis +3, Racial +2)
Use Magic Device: +6 (4 ranks, Cha +2)

Languages: Elven, Common​
Equipment:
Traveller's clothing (5 pounds, worn)
Elven quiver w/h 40 arrows (3 pounds, worn)
10 alchemist's fire flasks (1.25 pounds, carried)
2 holy water flasks (1.25 pounds, carried)
Mithral chain shirt +1 (12.5 pounds, worn)
Darkwood Longbow, masterwork (1.5 pounds, carried)
Mithral Longsword, masterwork (2 pounds, carried)
Bracers of Archery, lesser (1 pound, worn)
Gold: 177
--- total weight carried: 27.5 pounds (light load)​
Racial Traits and Class Abilities:
Simple Weapon Proficiency
Armor Proficiency (Light, Medium, and Heavy)
Shield Proficiency
Aura (Good, Chaos)
Turn Undead (roll 1d20+2, turning damage 2d6+4)
Domains (War, Chaos)
Bardic Music 2/day (singing +8, countersong, fascinate, inspire courage)
Bardic Knowledge (+6 check)
Low-light vision
Immune to magic Sleep
+2 bonus to saves vs. Enchantment spells
Secret Door Sense​
Spells:
Bard Spells Known -
-- 0th level (Save DC 12, 3/day) Prestidigtation, Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Light
--1st level (Save DC 13, 1/day) Expeditious Retreat, Cure Light Wounds

Cleric Spells Prepared -
--0th level (Save DC 13) Detect Magic, Guidance, Purify Food and Drink, Mending
--1st level (Save DC 14) Bless, Divine Favor, Magic Weapon, Shield of Faith
--2nd level (Save DC 15) Aid, Bear's Endurance, Spiritual Weapon

Last edited:

Rayex

First Post
Ooooh, I've been wanting to play this for AGES! :D

Fiona Boomknockle, a female halfling Monk. She's happy, loveable, and full of jokes and sillyness.

More will come :D

Nero Kingsley

First Post
Looks good, Nonamazing. Usually, the last person in is the healer, not the first :lol: . I dig the bard/cleric mix ;) .

If you know anything about this adventure, just please don't metagame! Though you are still welcome to join :) .

Talviarianna

First Post
I would love to play in this adventure, have a human female fighter 5. Can send more details if you feel she would be a good fit for the party.

I am new to the PbP forum and am looking forward to trying out this new way to play D&D.

Talviarianna

First Post
I do have one question for the GM. Are you using 3.0 or 3.5 books? I no longer have my 3.0 books and only have 3.5. I know that in the 3.5 PH there are some feats that aren't in 3.0. Please let me know if this is a problem.

industrygothica

Adventurer
I'd also be interested in this. I'd like to play a rogue or rogue/druid combination. I'm not very comfortable using magic just yet (still new to pbp), so I'd probably use more rogue than druid, but it'd be nice to be able to summon a flanking partner when I need one.

Kafkonia

First Post
Noraa the Questing Brigand

Race: Human Class: Fighter/Rogue Level: 1/4
Alignment Chaotic Good Deity: Undecided (Noraa has not decided yet)
Description: A short but stocky woman with sun-leathered skin and a hint of exoticism to her features.

Background
Until recently, Noraa Falcon had spent her life as a third-generation bandit, waylaying travellers by the side of major trade routes alongside her fellows. But that all changed three weeks ago. A raid went wrong, and Noraa was knocked out and abandoned to the elements. When she came too, she was being cared for by an itinerant cleric who had chanced upon her, and who gave her aid without hesitation. This kindness awakened something in Noraa, something she had long tried to bury to fit in with extended family of brigands -- goodness.

Personality and Roleplaying Notes
Noraa is still uncertain about her place in the world. The only life she has ever known has been one of living off of other people, and while she wants to change, old habits die hard -- so she tries to use her talents to help others as well as herself, and only on people whom she feels deserve it. At times, she will even err on the side of caution, showing a goodness of heart that would gladden even a paladin's dour demeanour.

Stats
STR: 10 HP: 22 BAB: +4
DEX: 14 AC: 10+2(dex)+5(armour)+1(ring)=18
CON: 10 FORT: 3 REF: 6 WILL: 1
INT: 14
WIS: 10
CHA: 16

Feats
Feats: (1st level) SF: Bluff; (1st Level Human) Combat Expertise; (1st Level Fighter) Improved Feint; (3rd level) Persuasive

Skills
Skill Ranks + Ability + Misc = Total
Bluff 8 3 5 16
Disable Device 8 1 9
Climb 4 0 4
Craft: Traps 4 1 6
Intimidate 8 3 4 15
Move Silently 8 2 10
Open Lock 8 2 10
Ride 4 2 6
Search 8 1 9

I haven't done equipment purchase yet, but I wanted to throw my hat in the ring ASAP. :) Noraa's not a tank, but with sneak attack, the right weapons, and her high Bluff and ability to feint as a move action in a combat, she can do a fair bit of damage.

ETI:
Equipment
-Mwk Mithral Breastplate: AC 5; Max Dex 5; Penalty 0; Considered light (30 ft); 4350 GP; 15 lbs
-Longbow: d8/x3; 100 ft Range increment; 75 GP; 3 lbs.
w/20 Arrows; 3 lbs; 1 GP
-Greatsword +1: 2d6+1/19-20; 8 lbs; 2345 GP
-Punching Dagger: d4/x3; 1 lbs; 2 GP
-Ring of Protection +1: 2000 GP
-1 Potion of Cure Light Wounds: 50 GP
-1 Sunrod: 1 lbs; 2 GP
-Mwk Thieves Tool: 2 lbs; 100 GP
-Backpack: 2 lbs; 2 GP
-Thunderstone: 1 lbs; 30 GP
-43 GP

Last edited:

Remove ads