The Speaker in Dreams (OOC)

Fenris

Adventurer
Alright here's a handy tank for the group:
Broderick Bvarizak

Background
[sblock]
Broderick was a blacksmith’s son. Rogun raised his son in the tradition of the great dwarven blacksmiths. The problem was however that Rogun Bvarizak had moved to the great city of Greyhawk many years ago when Broderick was just a lad with a few hairs on his chin. Rogun was a skilled craftsman and a canny merchant and did very well in the city. He would send Broderick back to the Dwarven holds every year to visit his mother and pay homage to his ancestors in the Great Hall. But Broderick was learning the family trade and was serving his apprenticeship. Years passed and though Broderick was becoming a skilled craftsman, his progress was not what Rogun expected from his son. One day he discovered why. In his spare time, Broderick had been sparing with local mercenaries, learning what he could from them in exchange for repairing their weapons and armor.

Broderick was ashamed by his actions and awaited his father’s judgement. Instead of anger though Broderick was met with kindness. “This is not your fault my son, I took you from the Holds before you were of age to have your talents tried by the Elders. Seeing you now I know that within you beats not the heart of a blacksmith, but a warrior. It is time that you moved on an served another apprenticeship” Broderick made as to speak, to say he did not want to leave his father, just to serve at another forge unless it was Moradin. But his father cut him off “You must return to our home and learn to be a proper warrior, learn the weapons of your fathers. You will go and serve your apprenticeship among our people, as a warrior.”

Broderick was overjoyed, though he would miss his father, his heart knew that this pathway the one laid of for him by Moradin. He returned to his true home for his training. A short 10 years later, he was deemed to be ready. After his long and circuitous path he was a true warrior. He left the holds determined to find adventure. Having been raised so long in the cities of humans, he felt as comfortable there as underground. Along the way Broderick met up with other restless souls looking to make their way among the world.

After Broderick left, Rogun found his shop too large to manage in Greyhawk. So he packed up and moved to the nearby village of Brindinford. Rogun rose to prominence in the village for his fine craftsmanship and fair prices. There were few Dwarven made goods available outside of Greyhawk, so Rogun's shop was always busy. At no time was it busier than when Brindinford hosted their annula street fair, which drew people from all over the coutryside.

As he and his companions were passing through the area, Broderick suggested to his friends that they head to the village, both so he could see his father and enjoy the fair.

Appearance:
Broderick is a relatively young dwarf. His black hair is braided into a single braid in the back and his beard forms two braids as the warriors back home keep theirs. His youth and eagerness lead him to some early trouble that his captain wasn’t pleased about, but years of hammering in the forge have given him strong arms, and a broad back which served him well in the tunnels.
[/sblock]

Code:
Male Dwarf
Fighter 5
XP: 

Str 16 (+3) 
Dex 12 (+1)
Con 16 (+3)
Int 12 (+1) 
Wis 10 (+0)
Cha 8 (-1) 

Size: Medium
HP:  47
BAB: +5
Init: +1
Move: 20’

AC: 23 (+9 armor, +3 shield, +1 Dex)
Saves:
Fortitude: +8
Reflex: +2
Will: +4

Attacks:
Dwarven Waraxe +10, 1d10+6/20x3
Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10/19-20x2

Feats: 
Weapon Focus Dwarven Waraxe
Weapon Specialization Dwarven Waraxe
Iron Will
Power Attack
Cleave

Skills (bonus/ranks):
Appraise (+4/3 cc)
Climb (+5/2)  
Craft Armor (+5/4)
Craft Weapons (+4/3)
Intimidate (+4/5)
Kn: Dwarven History (+3/2 cc)

Languages Known:
Common
Dwarven
Giant

Class Features:
Simple Weapon Proficiency
Martial Weapon Proficiency
Light Armor Proficiency
Medium Armor Proficiency
Heavy Armor Proficiency
Shield Proficiency

Racial Features:
• +2 Constitution, –2 Charisma.
• Medium: As Medium creatures, dwarves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
• Dwarf base land speed is 20 feet. However, dwarves can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load (unlike other creatures, whose speed is reduced in such situations).
• Darkvision: Dwarves can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and dwarves can function just fine with no light at all.
• Stonecunning: This ability grants a dwarf a +2 racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual stonework, such as sliding walls, stonework traps, new construction (even when built to match the old), unsafe stone surfaces, shaky stone ceilings, and the like. Something that isn’t stone but that is disguised as stone also counts as unusual stonework. A dwarf who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework can make a Search check as if he were actively searching, and a dwarf can use the Search skill to find stonework traps as a rogue can. A dwarf can also intuit depth, sensing his approximate depth underground as naturally as a human can sense which way is up. 
• Weapon Familiarity: Dwarves may treat dwarven waraxes and dwarven urgroshes as martial weapons, rather than exotic weapons.
• Stability: A dwarf gains a +4 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground (but not when climbing, flying, riding, or otherwise not standing firmly on the ground).
• +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison.
• +2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells and spell-like effects.
• +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against orcs and goblinoids.
• +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against monsters of the giant type. Any time a creature loses its Dexterity bonus (if any) to Armor Class, such as when it’s caught flat-footed, it loses its dodge bonus, too. 
• +2 racial bonus on Appraise checks that are related to stone or metal items.
• +2 racial bonus on Craft checks that are related to stone or metal.
• Automatic Languages: Common and Dwarven. Bonus Languages: Giant, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Terran, and Undercommon.
• Favored Class: Fighter. A multiclass dwarf ’s fighter class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing

Equipment:
Full Plate +1 {2,650}
Large Steel Shield +1 {1,170}
Dwarven Waraxe +1 {2,330}
Cloak of resistance +1 {1,000}
3 potions Cure Moderate Wounds {900}
2 potions Enlarge Person {500}
Masterwork  Heavy Crossbow {350}
20 Crossbow bolts
Backpack
Crowbar
Flint and steel
Winter Blanket
Water flask
I week trail rations
Belt pouch
2 torches
50 feet hemp rope
Whetstone
Masterwork Artisans tools (blacksmithing/ weapons/armor) {55}
Explorers outfit.
45gp

Last edited:

Nero Kingsley

First Post
Looks good Triangle, but I'm afraid the Earth Bloodline is no go. I want to keep things to the PHB and DMG for everybody. Sorry.

Talviarianna - By all means, send her in. We'll be using 3.5 rules, so it won't be a problem.

Sounds good, gothica.

Sorry Dazza, I don't have access to either of those classes. PHB and DMG only for this game.

Kafkonia - You used 2 too many points for your ability scores. Otherwise, everything looks good.

Nero Kingsley

First Post
That's about as old school as it gets. A scrappy dwarf with a penchant for smithing. :cool:

Your ability scores are a little off, and it's probably because I forgot to specify that you don't get the extra ability score point you normally would every 4 levels. My mistake.

Fenris

Adventurer
Nero Kingsley said:
That's about as old school as it gets. A scrappy dwarf with a penchant for smithing. :cool:

Your ability scores are a little off, and it's probably because I forgot to specify that you don't get the extra ability score point you normally would every 4 levels. My mistake.

Ah, yes. Consider it fixed.

Yes, I figured that that was about as Core as you could get. If you're gonna tank, go all the way :cool:

Kafkonia

First Post
Nero Kingsley said:
Kafkonia - You used 2 too many points for your ability scores. Otherwise, everything looks good.

Yes, I didn't realize we weren't adding the 1 ability score at 4th level.

I guess I'll drop my CON by 2 (and adjust HP and Fort accordingly.)

Talviarianna

First Post
Here she is in all her glory... let me know if something is missing or doesn't add up. Thanks for considering me for your game.

BACKGROUND:
Nareese (nah REESE) learned her trade serving various employers willing to pay for her sword. She never stayed more than a year at any one post, all ways becoming bored with the monotony. Whenever her duties became repetitive, it wasn’t long before she was looking to the horizon for something new and exciting. This past year she has found happiness in an adventure’s life. A new town, new tavern and new companions never fail to put a smile on her scarred face.

DESCRIPTION:
Nareese (nah REESE) is a large and imposing woman standing 6’ 2” and weighing 260 lbs, all muscle. She has thick, short, black hair with icy blue eyes and could never be described as a beauty. She is loud and boisterous and loves a good tavern or festhouse and all the amenities available there in. Magic is a mystery to her and she is uneasy around magic users, though she does appreciate their power. She is good-natured and loves to laugh however she is sensitive about her looks. A tavern brawl is guaranteed if anyone pokes fun of her looks.

Human Female Fighter 5th Level (28 pt buy) Lawful Neutral

STR: 14 [6 pts]
DEX: 15 [8 pts]
CON: 14 [6 pts]
INT: 13 [5 pts]
WIS: 11 [3 pts]
CHA: 8

Note: haven’t allotted her +1 to an ability point for 4th lvl. Would like to put it in STR.

BAB: 5
Melee +7 [+5 bab, +2 ability mod]
Ranged +7 [+5 bab, +2 ability mod]

SAVES:
Fort: +6 [+4 base, +2 ability mod]
Ref: +3 [+1 base, +2 ability mod]
Will: +1 [+1 base, +0 ability mod]

HIT POINTS: 42 [10 + 5 + 6 + 5 +6 +10 (CON)]

FEATS:
1st Lvl. Human: Two Weapon-Fighting
1st Lvl. Char: Improved Shield Bash
1st Lvl. Fighter: Exotic Weapon Prof. (Bastard Sword)
2nd Lvl. Fighter: Weapon Focus (Bastard Sword)
3rd Lvl. Char: Weapon Focus (Shield Bash)
4th Lvl: Fighter: Weapon Specialization (Shield Bash)
5th Lvl: -

SKILLS: 2 + Int mod ( +1 human bonus) 32 total points at 5th
Climb: +7 [8 ranks +2 STR –3 ACP]
Handle Animal: +4 [5 ranks –1 CHA]
Jump: +5 [6 ranks +2 STR –3 ACP]
Ride: +9 [5 ranks +2 DEX +2 Synergy (handle animal)]
Listen (cc): +2 [2 ranks + 0 WIS]
Spot (cc): +2 [2 ranks +0 WIS]

EQUIPMENT (9,000 gp):
+1 Breastplate 30 lb 1,350gp
+1 Lt. Spiked Steel Shield 11 lb 1,169 gp
+1 Bastard Sword 6 lb 2,335 gp
Cloak of Resistance +1 1 lb 1,000 gp
Master Work Mighty Composite Longbow [STR 2] 3 lb 600 gp
Quiver [20 arrows] 3 lb 1gp
Backpack 2 lb 2gp
Silk Rope [100 ft.] 10 lb 10 gp
Grappling Hook 4 lb 1gp
Sun Rods x5 5 lb 10 gp
Waterskin x2 8 lb 2 gp
Whetstone 1 lb 2 cp
Oil 1 pint 1 lb 1 sp
Belt Pouch x2 1 lb 2 gp
Flask (Good Spirits) 2 lb 3 cp (2 gp)
Explorer’s Outfit (worn) * *
Explorer’s Outfit (extra) 8 lb 10 gp
Dagger 1 lb 1 gp
Flail 5 lb 8 gp
Potions:
Shield of Faith [+2] x3 150 gp
Cure Serious Wounds [+5] x2 1,500 gp
Magic Weapon Oil x2 100 gp

COIN / GEMS CARRIED:
30 pp, 82 gp, 25 sp, 35 cp / 100 gp Pearl x3 (total should equal 847 gp) 3.5 lbs total

Total Weight Carried: 105.5
Total Weight w/out Pack: 64.5

CARRING COMPACITY:
Light Load: 54 lb Medium Load: 59-116 lb Heavy Load: 117-175

Lift Over Head: 175 Lift Off Ground: 350 Push / Drag: 875

ARMOR CLASS:
Normal 20 [+2 DEX, +6 armor, +2 shield]
Touch 12 [+2 DEX]
Flat-Footed 18 [+6 armor, +2 shield]

Armor Check Penalty -3

ATTACKS:
+1 Bastard Sword +9 1d10+3 19-20/x2
+1 Lt. Spiked Steel Shield +8 1d4+4 x2

Two-Weapon Fighting:
Sword / Spiked Shield +7 / +6 1d10+3 / 1d4+3

Dagger +7 1d4+2 19-20/x2
Flail +7 1d8+2 x2

MW Mighty Comp.
Longbow (range 110 ft.) +8 1d8+2 x3

D20Dazza

Explorer
No worries Nero, for info they're two of the new classes in PHB2 - not a splat book in and of itself ;) so I thought I'd try it on.

Cheers

Daz

industrygothica

Adventurer
[sblock="Rowan, The Watcher of Welkwood"]
Code:
[b]Name:[/b]       Rowan
[b]Class:[/b]      Druid 3/Rogue 2
[b]Race:[/b]       Halfling
[b]Size:[/b]       Small
[b]Gender:[/b]     Female
[b]Alignment:[/b]  Neutral
[b]Deity:[/b]      

[b]Str:[/b] 08 -1  (2p.)     [b]Level:[/b]    5     [b]XP:[/b] 
[b]Dex:[/b] 17 +3  (8p.)     [b]BAB:[/b]     +3     [b]HP:[/b] 24 (3d8+0 plus 2d6+0)
[b]Con:[/b] 10 +0  (2p.)     [b]Grapple:[/b] -2
[b]Int:[/b] 12 +1  (4p.)     [b]Speed:[/b]   20'
[b]Wis:[/b] 16 +3 (10p.)     [b]Init:[/b]    +3
[b]Cha:[/b] 10 +0  (2p.)

[b]                Base	Armor	Shld	Dex	Size	Nat	Misc[/b]
[b]Armor:[/b]	17      10      +3              +3      +1
[b]Touch:[/b]14
[b]Flat:[/b]14

[b]                      Base   Mod  Misc[/b]
[b]Fort:[/b]  +5              +4     +0    1 (luck)
[b]Ref:[/b]   +8              +4     +3    1 (luck)
[b]Will:[/b]  +8              +4     +3    1 (luck)

[b]Weapon:                     Attack   Damage     Crit[/b]
+1 light crossbow           +8        1d6+1       19-20/x2
+1 sling                    +9        1d3+1        x2
masterwork sickle           +2        1d4-1        x2

[b]Languages:[/b] Common, Halfling, Druidic, Elven

[b]Abilities:[/b]
+2 Save vs. Fear
Trackless Step
Woodland Stride
Nature Sense
Wild Empathy
Sneak Attack 1d6
Trapfinding
Evasion

[b]Feats:[/b]
Alertness (+2 to Spot and Listen checks)
Stealthy (+2 to Hide and Move Silently checks)

[b]Skills			Ranks	Mod	Misc[/b]

Climb			+1	0	-1	+2 (Racial bonus)
Concentration		+2	2	0	0
Handle Animal		+2	2	0	0
Hide			+16	7	+3	+6 (+4 Racial bonus, +2 Stealthy feat)
Jump			+5	0	-1	-4 (+2 Racial bonus, -6 speed penalty)
Knowledge (Nature)	+11	6	+1	+4 (+2 Synergy, +2 Nature Sense)
Listen			+15	8	+3	+4 (+2 Racial bonus, +2 Alertness feat)
Move Silently		+14	7	+3	+4 (+2 Racial bonus, +2 Stealthy feat)
Spellcraft		+3	2	+1	0
Spot			+13	8	+3	+2 (+2 Alertness feat)
Survival		+13	6	+3	+4 (+2 Synergy, +2 Nature Sense)

[b]Possessions[/b]
+1 Light crossbow               2335 gp
 bolts (50)                        5 gp
+1 sling                        2300 gp
bullets (50)                       5 sp
masterwork sickle                306 gp
+1 leather armor                1160 gp
handy haversack                 2000 gp
everburning torch                110 gp
potion of cure light wounds (2)  100 gp
-------------------------------------
[b]total:[/b] 8316 gp, 5 sp

[b]currency:[/b]
683 gp, 5 sp
[/sblock]
[sblock="Background"]
Unnatural screams rang out through the Welkwood, attracting the attention of its various inhabitants, including that of the druid Torin, who was already old by that point.

Led by Vesta, his wolf companion, Torin quickly came upon a devastating site. A small caravan of halfings had been ambushed and slaughtered on the narrow trail, their little bodies strewn about the brush like garbage, and their wagons completely destroyed. And it was underneath the rubble of one of those wagons where Vesta began to frantically scratch and claw at the dirt and rock.

Torin attempted to move the wagon, or what was left of it, himself, but his frail human body had betrayed him yet again. As the screams below began to resign, Torin loosed a frantic growl as his body took a new shape, a shape he hadn't seen in a long, long time.

As the huge bear lifted the ruined wagon, Vesta quickly drug the halfling child to safety.
-----------------------------

He called her Rowan, and she spent her earliest memories being taught the ways of the druid, to respect both the beauty and the power of nature. Torin would often find her hiding in a secluded spot simply observing nature, watching the animals as they roamed and fed, and gave her her nickname, The Watcher of Welkwood.

Now, years later, Torin having lived longer than any human ought, the Watcher of Welkwood has given her human father back to the earth. And she would take that name, and Torin's legacy, along with Tiki, her own wolf companion (who is directly descended from Vesta, who also passed on of old age when Rowan was a child) and explore the world for what it's worth, gaining whatever knowledge she can. She would watch...

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kafkonia

First Post
I've kitted out Noraa -- she's about 3 lbs over her "low encumbrance" limit, so I think that she won't be bringing everything with her all the time. What she leaves behind would depend on what she's expecting to encounter.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases