D&D 4E The still "complete" list of official 4E products, now with 2011!

Shroomy

Adventurer
The Q1 RPG releases look good to me, though I wish there was a book release in January in addition to the tiles. I plan on getting all the Gamma World stuff for one-shots and maybe adding a little sci-fi to my 4e fantasy, I wish I had the Nentir Vale book today since that's where my campaign is set, another book of magic items, I'm down with that, and Heroes of Shadow, yes please.

Thanlis

Explorer
Ah, I hadn't seen that kind of catalog before; thanks for the link. That said, there's no newer version at the Wizards of the Coast Sales and Distributor Home Page.

The catalog is now up here. Not a lot of changes to what we already know, although the Gamma World Famine in Fargo book isn't listed. It does add the Gamma World booster power card packs. There are 120 new cards in random packs of 8 cards each.

The reason I was wondering, btw, is because someone was claiming that D&D was getting the random power cards. He was referring to the Gamma World power cards, which is what I suspected. I didn't want to help spread the rumor until I had solid information, so I didn't get specific earlier. Now that I can see the catalog, I can't see how you could assume those cards are for core D&D. Some people will go to ridiculous lengths to bash 4e.

Riley

Legend
Does anyone know what Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium will hold? I assume it's items, but I'm not too familiar with what Mordenkainen was famous for, besides a hound. What kind of items can we expect?

From the 2011 Spring Catalog:
Welcome to Mordenkainen’s Magnificent Emporium, a wondrous collection of magic items—each one with a story to tell. This tome provides Dungeon Masters with a ready assortment of treasures to tempt greedy players, along with historical nuggets and alluring adventure hooks that set these items apart from your run-of the-mill flaming sword or bag of holding....

...Key Selling Points
• Mordenkainen’s Magnificent Emporium strikes an excellent balance between rules content and story content, making it a fun read as well as a practical reference book for Dungeon Masters looking to sprinkle their dungeons with tantalizing treasures.
• This book provides an alluring collection of new magic items that players will desire for their characters, along with rich background information and adventure hooks that Dungeon Masters can use to add depth or story to the campaign.

Sounds promising!

Anybody notice that some of those catalogues have better cover art than the Nentir Vale Gazetteer does? (Yes, I realise that catalogue artwork is cribbed from the products within it.)

I really hate that Gazetteer cover.

Remove ads