D&D 4E The still "complete" list of official 4E products, now with 2011!

Dire Bare

Legend
Yes.

The Creature Catalogue was meant to be a softcover, but they accidentally printed it as a hardcover. They chose not to increase the advertised price, and so we got an extremely cheap hardcover.

Mind you, I'm not surprised at all that prices are increasing: I'm not sure that sales are all that hot, and the US economy is *not* in a good place.

Cheers!

Yup. Not to mention that introductory products are often priced artificially low. The D&D core rulebooks are often less expensive (per page) than other hard covers of their size . . . and I'm sure it's the same with the softcover Essentials products.

But, then again, I've heard people suspiciously complaining about rising prices since I started hanging out here on ENWorld roughly 10 years ago. It's called inflation folks, deal with it.

ggroy

First Post
At this point in time, most likely the "Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium" book is going through the editing and typesetting phase, or it is already finished and ready to be printed soon in due time.

If this book is being done as a trade paperback (instead of hardcover), most likely the change in format was a recent decision. Perhaps they saw a significant spike in sales of the 4E Essentials "Rules Compendium" and "Heroes of the Fallen Lands" books, and wanted to ride the wave?

Reaper Steve

Explorer
I fully endorse all future D&D supplements being either boxed sets or 6x9 trade paperbacks.
8.5x11 hardcover is so '2000-and-late'

Although, as a very minor gripe, it sucks that I can't fit two stacks of 6x9 books in the DM kit box. The traditional sized box (which matches 8.5x11 books) is just a bit too small--9x12 would be more functional. No big deal though, as I just the DM kit box to hold all the stuff in my "DM kit"... dice, tokens, paper, etc.

Last edited:

Riley

Legend
The traditional sized box (which matches 8.5x11 books) is just a bit too small--9x12 would be more functional. No big deal though, as I just the DM kit box to hold all the stuff in my "DM kit"... dice, tokens, paper, etc.

Unfortunately, the otherwise excellent 9x12 box that comes with Master Tiles: The Dungeon is also about 3/8" too small (in both height and width) to hold two stacks of Essentials books.

ggroy

First Post
The "Player's Option: Champions of the Heroic Tier" book showed up on amazon, with a July 19, 2011 released date.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Players-Option-Champions-Dungeons-Supplement/dp/0786958251"]Amazon.com: Player's Option: Champions of the Heroic Tier: A 4th edition Dungeons & Dragons Supplement (4th Edition D&D) (9780786958252): Mike Mearls, Richard Baker, Claudio Pozas: Books[/ame]

Remove ads