D&D 5E The Strongest Poisoner. New Tasha's Gish

Hohige

Explorer
Hey, good catch! But, I beg to disagree.
An attack roll has advantage, disadvantage or normal.

as 173 page PHB.
Halfling's Luck trait. When you roll a 1 on an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw, you can reroll the die. You must use the new result, even if it is a 1.

Halfling's luck trait or lucky feat allow rerol a dice (1d20).

Unerring Spell is completely different, It doesn't reroll a d20, It rerolls an ATTACK ROLL (with triple advantage).
It's 6d20.
Sorry, but the difference is just huge.

Rolling a die is completely different from rolling an attack roll.

Halfling's Lucky
Lucky. When you roll a 1 on an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw, you can reroll the die. You must use the new result, even if it is a 1.

Sorcerer's Unerring Spell
If you make an attack roll for a spell and miss, you can spend 2 sorcery points to reroll the attack roll. You must use the result of the second roll.

Case 1)
Halfling's luck normal attack roll is 2d20 (If you roll a 1). Rerolling a die
Sorcerer's Unerring Spelln ormal attack roll is 2d20 (If you miss). Rerolling an normal attack roll

Case 2)
Halfling's Luck advantage attack roll is 3d20. Rerolling a dice
Sorcerer's Unerring Spell advantage attack roll is 4d20. Rerolling an ADVANTAGE attack roll (Pick the best roll).

Case 3)
Halfling's Luck disadvantage attack roll is 3d20. Rerolling a dice
Sorcerer's Unerring disadvantage attack roll is 4d40. Rerollar a disadvantage attack roll. (Pick the worst roll)

Completely different from Lucky feat or Halfling's luck, Unerring Spell rerolls an entire attack roll, not just a die.
It's clear as water. It's 6d20.

Last edited:

Hohige

Explorer
Oh wait. Youre 5th level not 6th.

No Hound so no disadvantage to the save.

Screw it, I still failed the save. Ill be generous.

Youre down a 1st level slot and a 3rd for mage armor and hypnotic pattern.

Im incapacitated, my Steel Guardian is next to you and youre 40' away.

Its your turn.
You did a specific build and using specific material (Eberron) to try to get around Sleep and Poison damage (Partially), but you completely forgot that the sorcerer is still a sorcerer with metamagic. Fireball, Hypnotic Pattern, Dragon's Breath and other spells simply kill that character quickly.

From now on, your character has completely lost its source of damage without weapons (he even lost his ability using Int modifier in the roll attack) and incapacited for 1 minute. I don't need lists on how to defeat this character because he doesn't stand a chance and that's not the point here either.

Go back to the Drawing Board. He's a fun character, but he's not efficient.
Also, correcting here, while the artificer uses a greatersword, he cannot cast Absorb Elements or Shield. (Somatic Component).

Last edited:

:ROFLMAO:
I'm sure, after all they are monsters CR 8.
And what else is this guy supposed to be compared to with his killing power? Other player character? This is not a PvP game, what does it matter how good this character is at killing other PCs. All that matters is how good he is against Monsters.

Also, correcting here, while the artificer uses a greatersword, he cannot cast Absorb Elements or Shield. (Somatic Component).
They can still use the spells along with the great sword. A Somatic component only requires one hand, and you do not need both hands on the great sword at all times.

Hohige

Explorer
And what else is this guy supposed to be compared to with his killing power? Other player character? This is not a PvP game, what does it matter how good this character is at killing other PCs. All that matters is how good he is against Monsters.
CR 8 is supposed to be an average challenge to level 8 party. Not a single character level 5. Right?

Hohige

Explorer
Then lets go lower and have you fight a Bearded Devil. It's only CR 3 should be beatable by a Level 5 character.
Oh, well, go to the hell defeat devil with poison immunity, fire immunity and devil sight. Nice.
Shadow Blade (3d8 +4)
Quicken Upcasted to level 3 Colour Spray for blind the enemy. Colour Spray isn't needed on non magical Darkness. (Shadow Blade has advantage here)
Action Booming Blade for sweet 4d8 +4 +2d8 (If moves) for 6d20.
The devil is blinded and has disadvantage against me.
If It's on non magical darkness, So, double Booming Blade.
It also works against PC and NPCs
Next turn, Sleep. It's over.

Edit: Oh god, It's 13 AC, Booming blade and Quicken Sleep upcasted, It's over.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases