• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Stuff of Dreams (Orsal Judging)

Xaov

First Post
Alright.... We are going to let you out. Don't try anything.

Or else I'll make good on Devlin's threat from before.

El Jefe

First Post
Xaov said:
Alright.... We are going to let you out. Don't try anything.
A wave of gratitude washed over Brimbor's face. "Oh, no, I would't dream of that. Thank you for your generosity", he said with obvious relief.

Salix

First Post
El Jefe said:
A wave of gratitude washed over Brimbor's face. "Oh, no, I would't dream of that. Thank you for your generosity", he said with obvious relief.
"Just to convince you that we don't have anything to hide here why don't the three of us look for the ornament in the office. I really don't want you disturbing Eppy. Can you give us a detailed description of it?", the gnome says , thinking to himself, Ahh... Kill two birds with one stone. This way he'll leave Eppy alone and Devlin can have some time to get ready to follow him.

OOC: Will be spotty, but occasional through Wednesday. After that probably out until next Monday.

El Jefe

First Post
You're putting me on, right?

[sblock=Ryland, Enialis: ]
Salix said:
"Just to convince you that we don't have anything to hide here why don't the three of us look for the ornament in the office. I really don't want you disturbing Eppy. Can you give us a detailed description of it?",
It seemed to the pair that as Ryland proposed a search of the office, a look of astonishment played over Brimbor's face, which he quickly suppressed. He seemed equally puzzled by the request for yet another description of the object, yet he quickly complied: "Well, ah, as I said, the object is round, black, about as broad as both my hands together, quite heavy, and carved with images of griffons. I would be quite surprised if you had two of them laying about." His face brightening with the look of an eager puppy, he added, "So, you will release me and we can begin now, yes?"[/sblock]

Xaov

First Post
Yeah we can but Jobe. I'm warning you. Don't leave this room without us..... do you understand. Where we look... you look in the same room. Do you understand?

El Jefe

First Post
I remain ever in your service...

[sblock=Enialis, Ryland: ]
Xaov said:
Do you understand?
The little elf mustered what dignity he could, bound in the chair as he was. "Yes...yes, of course", he replied.[/sblock]

Salix

First Post
El Jefe said:
[sblock=Enialis, Ryland: ]The little elf mustered what dignity he could, bound in the chair as he was. "Yes...yes, of course", he replied.[/sblock]
"Enialis, maybe you should watch the door while the two of us search, I wouldn;t want to be interrupted",Ryland says to the strapping young lad.

OOC:Ryland will take 20 to search the office. He will be keeping an eye on the Elf.

El Jefe

First Post
Is it under the cabinets? No...Is is behind the bureau?

[sblock=Ryland, Enialis: ]
Salix said:
"OOC:Ryland will take 20 to search the office. He will be keeping an eye on the Elf.
Brimbor was quite relieved to be released from the chair, almost as one getting a reprieve from a hanging. As soon as it clear that he could proceed, he began a methodical search of the premises. Archer's office held a great deal of paperwork, more than one might expect. Much of Orussus would have given their eyeteeth to rummage through Archer's files, as Ryland's cursory inspection revealed that he had a amazing amount of dirt on much of the city. But Ryland couldn't help but notice that the elf didn't seem interested in this. Although his search was just as thorough as Ryland's, it seemed very directed...for example, the elf never opened or examined any small containers, nor for that matter, anything too small to conceal a loaf of bread. He finished his search of the inner office before Ryland did, and waited patiently for the gnome to finish and let him back into the outer office. Once there, the pattern was the same: Ryland taking much longer with Eppy's files than Brimbor did.

Nobody disturbed Enialis at his post as he watched the proceedings with a detached sense of amusement.

The search of the offices complete, Brimbor had the look of one who had been trying to solve a puzzle with a missing piece. He glanced at Ryland, then at Enialis, then back to Ryland. He opened his mouth as if to speak, closed it, then finally mustered the courage to address the pair.

"Gentlemen", he began, "I should like to thank you for the opportunity to examine your place of work. But one thing baffles me...may I ask of you a quesiton?" When Ryland assented, he continued. "If, ah, the orb, isn't here, why did you risk serious injury to prevent my searching for it?"[/sblock]

Last edited:

Xaov

First Post
We weren't even sure if it was here to be honest. Archer never told us anything about any sort of an orb or special trinket he kept here.

When you pulled your weapon on us we believed you had answers so we subdued you.

El Jefe

First Post
So that's all it was?

[sblock=Enialis, Ryland: ]
Xaov said:
When you pulled your weapon on us we believed you had answers so we subdued you.
"Oh", was the elf's quick response. He opened his mouth as if to speak, then closed it again, then glanced between the pair nervously. "If you could, ah, allow me to retrieve my things, I'd be glad to be on my way." The image of a cat with a long tail in a room full of rocking chairs crossed Ryland's mind.[/sblock]

Remove ads