Greyhawk: The Golden Era CY 963: EPIC CAMPAIGN - Campaign Logs + RESTORED CAMPAIGN THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Fandekar's Rare Tomes

GM:
To speed things along, Delbin takes a 20 on his Search check; this requires 2 minutes of thorough searching (20 rounds.)
Total check = 38. (Success)
Delbin finds a lot of rare tomes on various subjects, including artifacts, magical theory, construction of magical devices, construction of golems, epic spellcasting, etc.
There are 32 books in all. Each book is worth about 5,000 gp. (Total value = 160,000 gp.)
Having these books in one's library will give a Wizard a +10 research bonus to any Knowledge (Arcana), Knowledge (Religion), Knowledge (Nature), Knowledge (The Planes), Knowledge (Artifacts), or Spellcraft check he attempts while having access to the books for a 24 hour period. (i.e., if you say you're going to take 24 hours of downtime to research something, you'll get the +10 bonus.)
Each of these books is magically warded against material decomposition, and minor exposure to the elements.
All of the books will easily fit in a Portable Hole.

After searching the room, and collecting the books, Delbin and Luis use the mirror to open a portal to Luis' monastery, and they step through, closing the portal behind them.

GM:
Dengar, it's your show now.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
GM:
I am indeed in the process of bringing this campaign to a close. But I want to do it in such a manner as to make it possible for the events in this campaign to lead to positive changes in my overall campaign world. I am compiling notes on how I want to accomplish this. I thought I'd be ready by now, but I'm not. So I will pick up the story on Thursday, Mar 02, and at that point, THERE WILL BE major story arc advancement taking place. There's still a major storyline to be resolved, and there's still one major battle to be fought, before the end actually comes. Thank you all for your patience! I'll be seeing you all very soon!

Until then, adieu.

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
The Beginning of the End...

GM:

1. Dengar manages to rescue the remaining Stone Giant.

2. Sphynx re-casts the modified spell, without any complications.

3. Sphynx and Jynx both easily escape the plane before the spell obliterates it, in favor of its new matrix.

4. After this is accomplished, Sphynx receives a voice message (mentally) from Nimbar. The message says that in the sands of Erypt, in the tomb of Akbar, on the bottom level, the Wheel of Akbar has been turned! The Wheel of Akbar is ONE OF TWO DEVICES which can open and close portals directly into The Void. ONLY SOMEONE WITH DIVINE HERITAGE, DESCENDED FROM ONE OF THE DEITIES OF THE ERYPTIAN PANTHEON CAN CAUSE THE WHEEL TO TURN, i.e., CAN OPEN OR CLOSE THE PORTAL. The other device that can open such a portal is the Arch of Ages, but it was sealed by the goddess Wee Jas to prevent such a thing from happening. However, the goddess has no domain or control over the Wheel.

5. Nimbar says that the portal to the Void is now open. He suspects that the portal was opened by a minion named Tarquin Mal Ammon-Set, the servant of a Dwarven Wizard by the name of Thurgall Grimfinger.

6. Nimbar says that Thurgall probably intends to use an Epic Spell to set some powerful evil being free; for although mortal souls which are cast into The Void are instantly and utterly destroyed, immortal souls which are cast in take thousands of years to suffer the same fate. Nimbar says that the most likely being that Thurgall would probably intend to set free is The Demon Lord, Raum. Nimbar says that this must not come to pass! For there is a greater threat than Raum; Raum is the only being who ever knew the true name of the Dark God Tharizdun; if Raum were to be set free, then Raum could use the remaining energy from Thurgall's spell to set the great Tharizdun upon the world once more! This would cause an utter cataclysm, plunging the world of Mankind into darkness, madness, and despair!

7. Nimbar says that he thinks he can take care of Thurgall himself; he asks Sphynx and the rest of the party to travel to the Tomb, and stop Tarquin, and close the portal. He says that Hawke had gone to do that, but has not returned, nor has Nimbar heard from him.

And so, the stage is set... the party must teleport to the Tomb, and stop Tarquin, close the portal, and figure out what happened to Hawke.

Stay tuned! More info coming next week (sometime after Monday, March 6th.)

Nezkrul

First Post
If Jynx can message Nimbar somehow, he'd offer to help against the Dwarf. Perhaps Nimbar could "gate" Jynx in to the fight? That would be a hillariously bad turn of events for the Dwarf.

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Sphynx senses something malignant as he re-creates the demi-plane; but recognizing that he nor what he is doing is the cause, he does not cease his action. Having phenomenal intelligence and having once been the Champion of Thoth, it is as if he can partition his thoughts, saving one action for later. Upon completion of the spell, he switches thoughts with a sense of doom.

He knows, even before Nimbar contacts him, that someone has turned "That Wheel" and suspects it is no coincidence to the reclamation from the ill-fated future of this demi-plane. Caring not what the future holds in regard to anything within the possibility of "That Relic", he immediately opens a portal to just outside the entrance to the Tomb of Akbar.

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
GM:
NOTE FROM THE DM:

Although the time it will take to reach the tomb is momentary, if you'd like, you can take up to a full turn (10 rounds) to cast any buffs or prep spells that you might like to. Since I am not posting until next week, you have some time to think about it.

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
OOC: I tend to only get with DM on the actual level I'm casting. The original spell is only 6th level. This is an 8th level version that moves with the caster. I created it years ago. The character has plenty of spell slots. Thanks for the info, though.

GM:
Yes, I remember that we did that. That would have been about 1988-1989; man, that was a long time ago. I don't think I ever made the official write-up for those spells for 3rd edition, so let's correct that oversight right now:

Superior and True Globes of Invulnerability.jpg

Of course, since Sphynx is the chosen of Thoth, he would be able to cast the 9th level version, also. I will simply assume that you have the focus; a 20,000 gp. piece of jewelry is not hard to acquire for a character of your advanced level.

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads