• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Sublime Saboteur: Shinobi

heretic888

Explorer
Nifft said:
"While" implies "at the same time", not "in the same round".

Recovering is an Immediate action, following an attack.

Since the attack occurs before the Immediate action to recover, there's no danger of this "while" coming between them. So your whole "while" clause can be read to be basically meaningless -- and that's the first reading I got.

Hi Nifft,

I think some of this is semantic quibbling, but I understand where you are coming from here.

Nifft said:
Your recovery mechanism remains bad because:
1 - It's possible to spam the same maneuver round after round; but also
2 - it's possible to be in combat, and unable to recover. For example, if you can't reach your opponent, or you are between waves of attackers. No existing class has this problem.

I already addressed your first point, but your second point is a valid concern.

I'm considering just using the warblade's recovery method for the shinobi but limit it to recovering one maneuver at a time.

Laterz.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
heretic888 said:
I think some of this is semantic quibbling, but I understand where you are coming from here.
Don't take it as quibbling. I'm just trying to explain how your words came across to me. And I'm someone who's trying to understand your intent, rather than a player who will gain some advantage from misunderstanding it.

As to the best recovery methods: good ones are priced as actions, and not as results. This is part of the whole 4e "economy of actions" thing, and it makes sense in that context.

Warblade recovery for 1 maneuver would be totally fine. It's a price similar to the Swordsage, but with an extra attack, and thus very slightly stronger. I'd modify it to allow a single melee or ranged attack, but otherwise it would be good.

Cheers, -- N

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads