The Swords of Imarr: Midnight at the Meat & Gristle

S'mon

Legend
GM: No torch-holders in the catacombs. ok, Rajero Hrothgar & Faoil are all advancing into the chamber to fight the rats...

With their improved initiative, Faoil & Rajero are the first in as the rats surge forward...

Faoil's first blow misses, Rajero's katana swings a perfect strike (crit 20/18) into the neck of the nearest dire rat, parting it cleanly from the body. 3 dire rats attack Faoil, 2 Rajero, while the smaller rats hang back. Sharp rodent teeth sink into Faoil's unarmoured calf (2 dmg), while Rajero fends his off. Denther flings a dagger at the rat biting Faoil, hitting it in the flank. It screeches and lets go of her, badly wounded. Hrothgar moves forward and swings mightily, his greatsword clangs off the stone floor. Alyx moves in to flank a rat attacking Rajero, skewering it. Bernard watches, holding his lantern high.

2 dire rats slain, 4 left (1 w Denther's dagger in it).

Last edited:

S'mon

Legend
Round 2

Faoil swings again, this time her sword connects and cuts a giant rat in two. Rajero slices low and dispatches the last rat attacking him. The rat with Denther's dagger in it scurries away into the darkness, taking Denther's dagger with it! He sees it disappear into a crevice to the left, no more than 1' high. A rat tries to bit Faoil, but its teeth clash off the steel of her left greave. Hrothgar strikes at it, misses. Alyx skewers it daintily, leaving 5 dead dire rats piled around you. Seeing their champions slain, the normal-sized rats slink away into the darkness.

Breathing heavily, Alyx turns to Faoil.

"Nasty bite there - want me to look at it? Could be diseased..."

Faoiltiarna

First Post
S'mon said:
Round 2

Faoil swings again, this time her sword connects and cuts a giant rat in two. Rajero slices low and dispatches the last rat attacking him. The rat with Denther's dagger in it scurries away into the darkness, taking Denther's dagger with it! He sees it disappear into a crevice to the left, no more than 1' high. A rat tries to bit Faoil, but its teeth clash off the steel of her left greave. Hrothgar strikes at it, misses. Alyx skewers it daintily, leaving 5 dead dire rats piled around you. Seeing their champions slain, the normal-sized rats slink away into the darkness.

Faoil takes long, deep breaths to still herself and regain her composure. She looks down at the bite on her leg.

"If you wish to, please do so," Faoil replies to Alyx, her voice low and dispassionate. "It might need caterizing to stop the bleeding as well. Blood will drawn more rats and others that live in this forsaken place."

Faoil's grey eyes are unreadable, but a visible shiver seems to embrace her for the briefest of moments and then it is gone.

::Tag Group::

OOC: Damn, what is it about the underbelly of Imarr that causes Faoil to get bit? LOL Is she really that sweet and tasty? Another scar to add to her long list of scars.

Last edited:

mps42

First Post
S'mon said:
Round 2

I wonder what they've been eating down here to get that big...
"I hate to lose a dagger to that vermin but I'll not go into it's hole after it, even if I could.
"Is Faoil he only one bitten? Excellent. Lets have a bit of a look around." While Alyx is tending to Faoils' wounds, Denther will walk slowly and carefully around the perimiter of the room, keeping a wary eye out for any traps or more rats, then go through the center of the room and mentally mapping out anything that looks interesting or out of place.

Faoiltiarna

First Post
mps42 said:
I wonder what they've been eating down here to get that big...
"I hate to lose a dagger to that vermin but I'll not go into it's hole after it, even if I could.
"Is Faoil he only one bitten? Excellent. Lets have a bit of a look around." While Alyx is tending to Faoils' wounds, Denther will walk slowly and carefully around the perimiter of the room, keeping a wary eye out for any traps or more rats, then go through the center of the room and mentally mapping out anything that looks interesting or out of place.

Faoil reached into the boot of her uninjured foot and withdrew a dagger hidden inside.

"You are welcome to use my dagger Denther. It isn't much, but it will keep you somewhat armed until something else can be found to replace your lost weapon."

As she stood up to hand the dagger to Denther, the hood to her robe slid off her head to reveal her face clearly for the first time. Her waist length black hair was in a single plait down her back and her mouth was slightly turned up in a smile.

::tag Group::

wysiwyg

First Post
Rajero cleans his blade on a dead rat. "Well done Alyx & Faoil, you have both fought well. How far are we from the amulet according to the map? There coould be many more rats down here."

S'mon

Legend
Alyx: "Entrance to the crypt should be just on the north side of this chamber..."

She gestures to an apparently blank wall.

Alyx spends the next 10 minutes cleaning and binding Faoil's shallow wound and applying a poultice; Faoil back to full hp.

OOC: See you in 8 days! :)

rangerjohn

Explorer
Hrothgar

If this is the kind of vermin we will be facing, it lucky we have Alyx along. Hrothgars shudders momentarily, thinking about being brought down by disease.

Faoiltiarna

First Post
S'mon said:
Alyx: "Entrance to the crypt should be just on the north side of this chamber..."

She gestures to an apparently blank wall.

Alyx spends the next 10 minutes cleaning and binding Faoil's shallow wound and applying a poultice; Faoil back to full hp.

Faoil appraised Alyx's work, then smiled at the smaller woman.

"You have the hands of a trained healer. Thank you," Faoil said in her low voice.

Faoil cleaned the gore off her blade, responding to Rajero's words about the rats, "Be certain there are far worse then rats below the city. This is not the first time I have ventured below Imarr and the first time it wasn't a rat that attacked me and tasted my blood."

::tag::

Remove ads