The Swords of Imarr: Midnight at the Meat & Gristle

mps42

First Post
Faoiltiarna said:
Faoil appraised Alyx's work, then smiled at the smaller woman.

"You have the hands of a trained healer. Thank you," Faoil said in her low voice.

Faoil cleaned the gore off her blade, responding to Rajero's words about the rats, "Be certain there are far worse then rats below the city. This is not the first time I have ventured below Imarr and the first time it wasn't a rat that attacked me and tasted my blood."

::tag::

"I've always known that there are worse things than rats in the dark places of the world but, I always thought that the city would be different somehow. I can see now that I was wrong. What else might we face Lady Faoil?"

OOC: sorry about the LOTR line, but it was right there for the speaking. I had to. ;)

Faoiltiarna

First Post
mps42 said:
"I've always known that there are worse things than rats in the dark places of the world but, I always thought that the city would be different somehow. I can see now that I was wrong. What else might we face Lady Faoil?"

Faoil seemed to look past Denther, her gaze growing distant as if seeing something that was only within her sight. Her face grew troubled as she remembered how Zorn had "baited" her into following him below the city, only to betray her in ambush.

*Do I dare speak his name?* Faoil thought to herself.

*You will be mine forever and always* A mocking voice echoed in her thoughts and for a brief moment she was certain that she could see the demon Zorn standing just to the side of Denther.

A visible shiver of dread ran down Faoil's back and her eyes refocused, only for her to turn away from Denther, pulling her hood back over her head and again concealing her face.

To Denther's question she said, "Some things are best not spoken aloud. But upon my word as the Lady of Hawk Manor, things dwell beneath the city that savor the sufferings of their victims and seek to enslave any that cross their path."

::tag::

Last edited:

S'mon

Legend
Denther takes Faoil's dagger; a slim, finely made weapon.

After Alyx has cleaned and bandaged Faoil's wound (Faoil back to full hp), Alyx turns to Denther.

"Bring that torch over to the north wall, thanks."

By the light of the torch, Alyx inspects the crumbling brickwork. After a couple of minutes, her eyes light up.

"Aha!"

She presses a brick - it recedes, and there's a click. A section of wall 5' wide rotates inwards, and a chill gust of air enfolds the adventurers as a narrow unlit flagstoned passageway is revealed, leading into darkness - darekness that seems somehow deeper and colder than that of the catacombs...

Alyx grimaces.

"By the Mother..."

Faoiltiarna

First Post
S'mon said:

After Alyx has cleaned and bandaged Faoil's wound (Faoil back to full hp), Alyx turns to Denther.

By the light of the torch, Alyx inspects the crumbling brickwork. After a couple of minutes, her eyes light up.

"Aha!"

She presses a brick - it recedes, and there's a click. A section of wall 5' wide rotates inwards, and a chill gust of air enfolds the adventurers as a narrow unlit flagstoned passageway is revealed, leading into darkness - darekness that seems somehow deeper and colder than that of the catacombs...

Alyx grimaces.

"By the Mother..."

Faoil grips her sword in both hands, her knuckles whitening and prepares to follow Alyx and Denther into the dark passageway. For the briefest of moments the all to familiar feeling of claustophobia invades her senses, but she quickly snuffs out the terror that used to paralyze her.

"Crisos look after your servants and guide them safely towards their goal," she prayed softly under her breath.

mps42

First Post
S'mon said:

"Aha!"

Alyx grimaces.

"By the Mother..."

"While I certainly appreciate your generosity Lady Faoil, I have several more daggers that will serve me well as well as my trusted arming sword. I certainly hope I will have no need of them, but I fear that will not be the case."
With that Denther falls in behind Alyx, again holding the torch as high as the ceiling allows.

S'mon

Legend
mps42 said:
"While I certainly appreciate your generosity Lady Faoil, I have several more daggers that will serve me well as well as my trusted arming sword. I certainly hope I will have no need of them, but I fear that will not be the case."
With that Denther falls in behind Alyx, again holding the torch as high as the ceiling allows.

GM: Would've been nice if Denther had said that sometime in the week I was away! Now I have to edit the PC sheets again *grumble* :p

IC:
The group enter the narrow flagstoned passage, Alyx in the lead searching for traps in the light from Denther's torch. You've gone about 20' down the tunnel, with Hrothgar and Rajeroat the rear just entering, when there's a faint *pfft* sound and a slim shaft shoots out from a concealed hole in the right wall, clipping Alyx in the flank before striking the left wall and falling to the floor.

"Aah!"

Alyx yells in pain, grasping her wounded side.

"Damnit!"

In the torchlight Denther and Faoil can see blood seeping between Alyx's fingers. Her face is pale.

"Missed that one... ugh."

She's still standing, but looks distinctly shaky.

wysiwyg

First Post
Rajero rushes over to Alyx to see if he can be of assistance. He doubts that the dart that hit her had an effective poison on it (it wouldn't stay 'fresh' after all these years), but he checks anyways.

Remove ads