• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Tarrasque is Awake!

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
You live in a Podunk farming village somewhere off the map. Any other town is a good week's journey away. There are no horses.

A bard comes into the tarvern, dirty, missing an arm.

He says the Tarrasque is awake.

The next day, you feel the earthquakes, the sky grows black from soot...

The Bard says that he's coming, and then leaves.

What do you do?

[Edit: added how far away the next town is]

Last edited:

TwinBahamut

First Post
Umm...Run, run, and run some more? Maybe find some isolated cave to hide away in?

Failing that, I suppose it is time to pray that I am some kind of legendary hero destined to stop the abominable thing.

Doug McCrae

Legend
I think it's a scam. The earthquake and blackened sky are an illusion. When the villagers leave the bard's planning to steal all our valuable potatoes.

Squire James

First Post
Find a good basement, well stocked with food and drink, and a shovel. Hide. Wait for noises above to calm down. Dig my way out. Quietly move to somewhere that IS on the bloody map!

Vorput

First Post
psh, find a cave- or heck- just a basement... the Tarrasque isn't smart, he'll continue on.

I also think there's something to building a giant pit, covering it with leaves and stuff, and luring the tarrasque into it. He can't burrow, he can't climb- he's pretty much stuck... Sucha pit may well be impossible to dig, but if you had a few druids- it becomes very feasible. I've often wondered why high level parties never think of this (they could then open a gate in it to the elemental plane of water and drown him!).

Edit: That'd actually be a fun adventure idea... party comes across this town in the middle of nowhere, everyone is digging this MASSIVE hole... they're already 1/4 of the way through what's needed... party learns some vision came to the townsfolk telling them this is how they're to trap the tarrasque, and if they don't- the world is doomed...

Festivus

First Post
Convince all the villagers that the only way to prevent the Tarrasque from finding them is to bury their heads in the sand. Instruct each person to bury the person next to them's head in the sand, with myself being last. Then pitch a sign saying "Buffet" while I head off for the next town.

(apologies to Southpark)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads