• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Tarrasque is Awake!

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Sell all my spare belongings for travel money so I can go wherever Drizzt, Eleminster, or some other uber-powerful person makes their home. If the beastie ends up there, they should be able to solo the thing. Then drink heavily before finding someplace paying well for manual labor in order to make ends meet. If I am a skilled adventurer, or at least know which way the pointy end of the sword goes, I'll go merc and spend my money on women and alcohol.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
the Tarrasque isn't smart, he'll continue on.

He DOES have Scent, though. Which means that unless you're somehow clever about hiding your aroma, he'll still sniff you out sooner or later...;)

Running away works pretty well, the guy's slow...though gnomes and dwarves and halflings may be doomed, humans and elves can flee okay, assuming the Terrasque doesn't smell them upwind and decide to force march while the "prey" rests...and if anything slows them down (such as children or the elderly) they might be boned...

Liolel

First Post
I'll run like hell. Preferably in a different direction then most people in the hope that the Tarrasque follows after the larger group.

Ilium

First Post
If I know which direction the thing is coming from (assuming it's headed straight for my village) and I have at least a day's head start: take off at a 90 degree angle. Then angle back toward its starting point and loot the ruins. :)

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
Ilium said:
If I know which direction the thing is coming from (assuming it's headed straight for my village) and I have at least a day's head start: take off at a 90 degree angle. Then angle back toward its starting point and loot the ruins. :)

Bingo!!

Why is it that everybody in the Godzilla movie tries to run away directly in front of him? He'll just take a little longer to run you down. If you break off to one side while everybody else draw its attention with their panicked flight you're much better off.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
If I know which direction the thing is coming from (assuming it's headed straight for my village) and I have at least a day's head start: take off at a 90 degree angle. Then angle back toward its starting point and loot the ruins.

Good idea!

So you get back to the ruins and find out that you're not the only one to have the idea. Indeed, a troupe of scavengers follow in the wake of the Terrasque, picking the ruins of civilization clean...

These scavengers? A Balor and his Blood War armada... ;)

Ealli

First Post
Kamikaze Midget said:
Good idea!

So you get back to the ruins and find out that you're not the only one to have the idea. Indeed, a troupe of scavengers follow in the wake of the Terrasque, picking the ruins of civilization clean...

These scavengers? A Balor and his Blood War armada... ;)
Then you get to be the bard warning of impending doom. Oh, will the cycle never end?

On the subject of the Tarrasque, prepare supplies for the inevitable group of heroes. We have food and lodging for very reasonable prices. Platinum preferred.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Okay, perhaps the balor is over the top. Perhaps it's just a tribe of goblins or suchlike. Dust up afterwards, and rebuild the town? You've survived, is that enough? :D

Remove ads