• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Tarrasque miniature project.

pogre

Legend
frankthedm said:
Any suggestions for color of body?

I'm assuming you have not started painting yet...

I would go with a more natural paint scheme than metalics. A fiery orange and black striped pattern might work great. Much like the bottom part of this lizard's body.
common_butterfly_lizard_5399.jpg

Attachments

• common_butterfly_lizard_5399.jpg
    common_butterfly_lizard_5399.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 696
Last edited:

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
Wow, Frank, that's a very ambitious project. Just keep going at it in baby steps - you'll get there eventually! If it helps keep you inspired, maybe you could post your progress on here as you go. That way you'll have a growing list of your accomplishments, and other people will end up with something like a How-To guide to Tarrasquify a Rancor. :)

-blarg

I have a suggestion for color schemes. I think that for the skin you should go with a grayish color and for the shell mix some metallic blue and gray (or some combination). I'm sort of thinking a color like a darker mother of pearl color and pattern. The shell HAS to be something special, I mean it makes the thing impervious.

Darmanicus

I'm Ray...of Enfeeblement
Hey Frank, I've gotta see this when it's finished. I used to do a lot of converting in my time but this project looks as though it'll totally rock. Keep up the good work! :D

frankthedm

First Post
I wish CL. Looking at this thread is causing me to agonize whether to keep the Gamera intact for a dragon turtle :/ .

I have been bicycling and hanging out with my favorite lowlifes of recent. The ubermensch that just got photographed was the most recent fig. I just primed some rubber rumble wars figs and will paint them up as ropey/ fungal aliens wearing human-esque power armour. [facemask, breastplate, shoulderpads, lower legs and lower arms ] They are 8-9 feet scale tall on 40mm bases[poker chips and washers]weapons incluede crystal launchers, energy blades, shoulder mini rocket pack [9-box], plasma cannon and one with a chainsaw.

Last edited:

Remove ads