The thread in which we are thankful

Sacrosanct

Legend
A counter to the thread in which we rant thread.

Player: I am grateful as a DM when you take your own time to assist your other players when they have questions about math, or a rule, or how something on their character works.

Players: I am very grateful for those of you who show up on time, every time, and are reliable. It means more than you know.

Old manager: Thank you for teaching me one of the most important sentences ever: nothing reasonable should ever be unreasonably denied.

Arilyn

Hero
Thankful for the generosity of the gaming community. Yes, there are jerks and gatekeeping and nerd rage, but there are also incredibly talented hobbyists, eager and willing to share. I choose to believe they are in the majority.

Thankful to the GMs and players who have given me a lot of great memories!

And the designers who have given us more games than any one person can play.

jasper

Rotten DM
Dear Player, " Thank you for nicely correcting me when I get a rule wrong."
Dear Players, " Thanks for dumping out your dice bag or hitting the 4 for $1 dice tray; so the Skully Chain had dice for eyes."
Dear Players," Thank you for getting me interested in dm for cons."
Dear Player, "Thanks for the soda and snickers bar. I had the money."
Dear players, "Thanks for putting up with my joke props."

I am thankful for the players that bring the game to life, that keep me on my toes and bring new ideas to the game. That lift each other up and make the game better by being there.

I am grateful for players that light up my day when I get to sit down and play D&D with them.

And finally, on the rare occasions when I get to play, it's those DMs/GMs that are brave enough to say "I'm going to run a game at this con for a bunch of strangers within a strict timeframe and make sure everyone has fun!"

jasper

Rotten DM
Dear Con Sponsors, "Thank you for letting me get in free for just DMing a few hours of gaming." PS thanks for the swag.

Reynard

Legend
Dear Convention Players: Nothing makes me feel more special as a GM than the way you sign up for every slot of the games I run over the course of the weekend. It is an amazing, humbling gesture that drives me to make this year's con-campaign even better than last year's. You're why I keep doing this even when it makes my back hurt, my throat hoarse and my brain all kerfizzle.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Thank you to FLGS for making space and time available. (The heated building, lights, a table, and chairs are appreciated too.). Extra thank you for letting us bring in our own food / drinks even though you sell a selection of snacks and sodas.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Dear designers, thank you for putting out a great game knowing you'd have lots of people attack and insult you because they didn't get what they wanted.

That's all designers by the way, of every edition.

Thankful for all the choices. Thankful for the imagination and constant encouragement from RPG players. And most thankful for the games that helped me develop friendships that have lasted over 30 years.

Remove ads