The thread in which we are thankful

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
Dear players: Thank you for accepting my apologies and moving on when I botch a session or a rule. GMs are human, too.

Dear players: Thank you for understanding that I am not an artist or a cartographer and the maps I make are ... not aesthetically pleasing.

And I'm going to add my thanks to those above to the gaming spaces that host my games. I wanted to game with people new to me, but I didn't want to invite strangers into my home. The games I run would not be happening without the gaming spaces.

Darth Solo

Explorer
Thankful for the GMs and players who make the choices and decisions of rpg sessions engaging.

It's the odd situations that count the most, for me.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Dear @Morrus, thank you for keeping this forum running and being a virtual pub for us nerds to gather, long after so many of the other pubs in the neighborhood have shut down. Every time I leave and come back, it’s like leaving town for a long stint, coming back and finding out that the pub that was there 30 years ago is still there, with familiar faces occasionally wandering in...

”I Love This Bar,” indeed.

Jeremy E Grenemyer

Feisty
Supporter
Thank you old gaming friends for spending a moment away from work and family life to reach out to me from far away and to show me all the new things you are doing in the world of gaming. The old connections are renewed this way and I appreciate it. It feels good.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Dear @Morrus, thank you for keeping this forum running and being a virtual pub for us nerds to gather, long after so many of the other pubs in the neighborhood have shut down. Every time I leave and come back, it’s like leaving town for a long stint, coming back and finding out that the pub that was there 30 years ago is still there, with familiar faces occasionally wandering in...

”I Love This Bar,” indeed.
Awwww! :)

BrokenTwin

Biological Disaster
Dear siblings: thanks for giving my niche nerd-hobby a chance, especially since I know how difficult it was to find sitters for the kids so we could play. You're all murder hobos, but that campaign will always be a treasured memory.

Dear GM friends: thanks for taking the reins from me every once and a while so I could experience the joys of being a player.

Dear player friends: thanks for being there and creating great memories with me. Especially those of you that learned how to play your characters in and out, dug into the world, and worked with me to make the experience the best it could be for everyone at the table.

Dear Robert Schwalb: thanks for developing my favorite d20 fantasy game to date. I may not share your love of visceral body humor, but I've still bought almost every PDF you've put out for SotDL, and that says something.

Dear FLGS: thanks for providing me a consistent group and space to play with. You've provided me with many positive relationships, and more dice than I will ever need.

Dear @Sacrosanct: thanks for the prompt that caused me to reflect back on all those good memories, and the reminder to be thankful for the positive things.

ccs

41st lv DM
Dear Mom, thanks for not getting on the "Your going to burn in Hell", train back in the 80s.

Agree 100%

●Dear Grandma, thanks for getting me that D&D Basic set for Christmas 1980.
●Dear Mom & Dad, thank you for being rationale adults & letting us kids play it. (And for defending us vs the old biddies at church over it. And then later on some of the neighborhood parents. Fights we learned about looong after the fact)

Remove ads