D&D General The Timing of Creation

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Well, like I said this is not "my" group. Their DM left.
I'm just struggling to understand why that would possibly become your problem? They have five other players who know the game.

I can understand someone leaving a group and then looking for someone else to fill the gap. But calling in someone new to be the DM, AND asking them to keep running the current game, just seems way outside my experience.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
Groups are nuanced as they form and I don't think there is some magic internet solution to many of the problems that can arise.
Oh, there is: TPK.

Since I can't say the PCs are having badwrongfun, @bloodtide just needs to accept that the PCs desire to play a game that feels like Call of Duty: enemies randomly appear and can get shot down just as quickly. The only plot is: there's probably a fight around the next corner.

Since I wouldn't want to play in or GM such a game, I'd give the PCs an ultimatum: let's try something more reasonable, or find a new GM.

I'm just struggling to understand why that would possibly become your problem? They have five other players who know the game.

I can understand someone leaving a group and then looking for someone else to fill the gap. But calling in someone new to be the DM, AND asking them to keep running the current game, just seems way outside my experience.
They all want to play their characters, so no one wants to DM. But they do want to finish their adventure.

dave2008

Legend
They all want to play their characters, so no one wants to DM. But they do want to finish their adventure.
Still not your problem. Don't do it. This sounds like a group that plays completely differently than you like to DM. And you have stated many times that you will not change how you DM. It is unlikely they want to change how they like to play mid-campaign. What value for anyone is there in you being their DM? Most likely you will not like it and they will not like it. Again, do the smart, responsible, and adult thing and say: "sorry, this game is not for me." Then maybe give them some ideas on how to find another DM.

EDIT: I will stress again - don't succumb to the peer pressure, stand tall and do the right thing: don't DM this group.

Last edited:

Remove ads