The "Torment a Historian" movie playlist thread

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I need to get some sleep.

I was going to post about some of the nifty Shakespearean films that are divorced from the original setting, and realized that many were retellings of Romeo & Juliet, like West Side Story and Romeo Must Die.

And my sleep-deprived brain went and created a mash-up of Romeo & Juliet with Aliens & Predators. My mind broke further trying to figure out the balcony scene* and which of the damaged directors would do the best/worst treatment of it.

(The death scene was easy- Alien fakes death, Predator stabs itself through the head, Alien sets off Predator’s mini-nuke.)

P: RRRRRRclkclkclkclkclk....ROWRRRRrrrrrrclkclkclk!

A: Chhhhhhhhhhhssssss! Chhhhhhhhhssssssss! Snrarl Grrrrrrrr Hissssssss, Chhhhhhhhhhhhhssssss?

Ryujin

Legend
Corman doesn't deserve to be compared to the likes of Uwe Boll or even J. J. Abrams! Yeah, the guy's known for B movie cheese, but he gave a lot of actors their first big break. He deserves credit for that at least.
You wanted a "low cost director" and "we could do better." That's where Corman comes in ;)

Orius

Legend
I need to get some sleep.

I was going to post about some of the nifty Shakespearean films that are divorced from the original setting, and realized that many were retellings of Romeo & Juliet, like West Side Story and Romeo Must Die.

And my sleep-deprived brain went and created a mash-up of Romeo & Juliet with Aliens & Predators. My mind broke further trying to figure out the balcony scene* and which of the damaged directors would do the best/worst treatment of it.

(The death scene was easy- Alien fakes death, Predator stabs itself through the head, Alien sets off Predator’s mini-nuke.)

In that case, I think you need to sleep less often. 😄

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
I would say any of the movies dealing with Troy.

While fuzzy, I admit, they definitely are trying to depict it within a time period.

Pathfinder was pretty bad too. While intimidating, I would not want to wear those helmets. Though personally I found the movie cool at the time. Karl Urban. Nice.

Kingdom of Heaven. I also liked, but not historically accurate.

Remove ads