The Trefaldwyn Chronicle - Dark Ages Pathfinder

Kaodi

Hero
OOC: I thought I might be able to move this along but it appears I was the last person to post as it is. Do we want to just call it quits on this, or is anyone ready to get back into it?

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Argh, I'm sorry...I vaporlocked on this when I realized I didn't really have any idea what to do next, or what was going on, and once I hadn't posted for a little while I got out of the habit and...yeah. I'd be fine with trying to pick it up again...but I think we need to rez the OOC thread so we can go over what we've learned and tote up the clues we found and try to make sense of this, cuz right now I am so lost I don't even know where to start. :( )

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: I've been meaning to do a recap post at some point, then moving got in the way, etc. I'll put one up shortly, as I'm happy to move it along.

Kaodi

Hero
Gwyneira sets a brisk pace on the trek back to the heart of Dinas Hydd, arms wrapped tightly around here body and frosted breath spreading on the breeze. Was Lord Meirion the father of Angharad's child? That was a question the herbalist figured was best settled now, right at the source. The thought of the roaring fire in the great hall was nothing to sneeze at either...

Dr Simon

Explorer
Gwyneira and the others enter the Great Hall of Dynas Hydd. At the far end on the dais, Lord Meirion stands talking to two men with bows. Brother Breandan is here as well, and he meets the group coming in as he is leaving.

"How was your search?" he asks quietly. "Were you finding anything that you wanted to?"

Kaodi

Hero
"We cannot be sure," says Gwyneira, teeth chattering slightly again, not keen to speak with anyone on the matter until they hear from the Lord of Dynas Hydd. The herbalist glances over towards Lord Meirion and the two men he speaks with. When broaching such a sensitive manner it would not likely do to begin with barging into another conversation. So she looks for an appropriate place to warm up while they wait.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Brother Breandan catches Gwyneira's glance towards Lord Meirion.

"Oh, of course," he says. "I, ah, well, I'd better get back to my duties." He turns to Myfanwy. "Your ministrations have done well, it would seem," he says. "Young Rhonabwy slept much better last night. He's not awake yet, but the fever is breaking, I would be saying." With that he gathers his robes about him and scurries from the hall.

As Gwyn warms herself by the central firepit, Lord Meirion dismisses the two men that he was talking with an approaches, his face looking dark.

"Have you removed the curse on my town yet?" he says gruffly.

Kaodi

Hero
"I am afraid we might still only be in the investigative stage," answer Gwyneira a bit hesitantly. "If we might speak with absolute privacy there is a rather delicate matter I think we must consult you on."

The herbalist waits for anyone else in attendance to leave, or for Meirion to take them somewhere more isolated from the bustle of the great hall, then looks to broach the subject at hand...

"My Lord..." she begins, "In the woods we encountered a spirit we believe to have been Angharad. We had been told that years ago, after coming with child, the fair Angharad had ended her own life. And the spirit did in fact lead us to a frozen pond where we recovered some sparse mortal remains."

"The thing is, whatever this curse is that afflicts your lands, we believe it might in some way be connected to her. And as such, well, and I do not mean to cast judgment here, but we must know whether you were the father of her unborn child."

Unsure of what sort of reaction this news will provoke the diminutive woman takes an unconscious, but small, step backward.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Lord Meirion's face darkens and Gwyneira can see the muscles of his jaw clench.

"I see you've been listening to the gossip of old women," he says. "I'll not justify such nonsense." His voice is taut with supressed emotion. "If this restless spirit is cursing the town then deal with it, and let me know then. And tell no-one of this." Fists clenched, he turns away and strides from the hall.

Remove ads