The Trefaldwyn Chronicle - Dark Ages Pathfinder

Shayuri

First Post
Myfawny frowned slightly. Arawn was something outside what she felt was the scope of what they were up against here.

"You said you examined Angharad," she said, trying to change the subject. "She was with child. What happened to Angharad's baby?"

Kaodi

Hero
"Perhaps we would be best to first look in the woods above the town," Gwyneira suggests softly. Looking to the men and the elves in particular, she says, "I do not suppose you have any particular insights you would like to add?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
Megan falls to humming an old melody to herself, and there seems little else to be gotten from her, so the group takes its leave and investigates the nearby abandoned cottage, presumably that of the Angharad that Megan spoke of.

Like Megan's small house, the eaves of the thatched roof hang almost down to the ground and there is but a single doorway. Unlike Megan's house though, this one is in a state of disrepair. The thatch hangs ragged and rotten with large patches missing. The wattle and daub of the walls is crumbling, snow has made its way inside, the hearth is dead and cold and droppings on the floor and rustlings in the eaves show that wild birds and beasts now call it home.

Quint's experience as a tracker tells him that the building must have been abandoned for at least twenty years. Myfanwy can sense a presence in the ley energy, the lingering essence of some spiritual creature, but Daunton's elven senses can detect no lingering magic.

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
After requesting that the others keep back, Quint approaches the cottage door, all the time carefully checking for tracks. Once there, he carefully examines the entrance.

[sblock=OOC]1. Take 10 on Follow or identify tracks for 16.
2. Check if its possible to get through the doorway without disturbing the door. If so, has anyone been through recently.
3. Check if he thinks its safe to enter the cottage.[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Quint finds no evidence that any human, or humanoid, creature has been here; only the tracks of birds and the tracks of a small mammal, likely a fox.

Shayuri

First Post
Myfanwy shivers and looks around.

"There's definitely something here," she murmurs. "A thing, or what's left of a thing. This might be a good time for some blessings..."

She gets a little clay pot wrapped in cloth from her satchel and dabs a finger into it. She streaks this across her forehead then, murmuring some kind of invocation.

"Anyone else? I won't impose my faith on anyone uncomfortable with it, but a little extra protection can be useful when spirits are about."

(OOC: Casting Resistance on self.)

ghostcat

First Post
Quint does not know the reason but it feels that Myfanwy's statement needs a formal reply. So he answers "I am not of your religion my lady. But if your god will help an unbeliever then I will accept any help you can give me."

Remove ads