The Ultimate d20 Gamma World Thread

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Explorer

GAME RULE INFORMATION

Explorers have the following game statistics.

Abilities
Explorers can make use of good scores in any abilities.

Hit Die: 1d10.

Action Points
Explorers gain a number of action points equal to 5 + one-half their character level, rounded down, at 1st-level and every time they attain a new level in this class.

Class Skills
The Explorer's class skills, and the key ability for each skill are as follows (see Chapter Two of the d20 Modern RPG for skill descriptions) includes the following skills plus 8 additional skills of the player's choice.

Handle Animal (Cha), Listen (Wis), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis).

Also, the starting occupation you select can provide you with additional class skills to choose from.
Skill Points at 1st-level: (4 + Int modifier) x 4.
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier.
Starting Feats
In addition to the two feats all characters get at 1st-level (see Table 1–2 in the d20 Modern RPG), an Explorer begins play with the Archaic Weapons Proficiency, Simple Weapons Proficiency, and Armor Proficiency (light) feats.

Explorer.jpg

CLASS FEATURES
All the following are class features of the Explorer class.

Bonus Feats: At 1st, 3rd, 4th, 7th, 8th, and 10th-level, the Explorer gains a bonus feat. These bonus feats can be selected from the d20 Modern RPG hardcover, the d20 Apocalypse sourcebook, and the Gamma World Player's Handbook.

For any feat that duplicates another feat's function consider a feat in the Gamma World Player's Handbook to be primary, a feat in the d20 Modern RPG hardcover to be secondary, and a feat in the d20 Apocalypse sourcebook to be tertiary.

The GM has final say regarding which feats are available for his/her campaign.

Saving Throws: The Explorer has one good saving throw, one middle saving throw, and one bad saving throw, which are assigned to the character's three types of saving throws by the player.

Talents: The Explorer may select one talent at 2nd-level, and one additional talent at 5th, 6th, and 9th-level). The Explorer's talents are selected from any two of the d20 Modern RPG's Hero classes Talent Trees, which must be decided upon at 2nd-level.

For example, Diana decides that she wants her Explorer to be quick of mind and quick of body. Therefore, her Explorer can choose talents from any of the Talent Trees for the Fast Hero and Smart Hero from the d20 Modern RPG as well as the Coordination Talent Tree and Tech Savant Talent Tree from the Gamma World Player's Handbook.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Makes me want to revisit my old Gamma World conversion.
Glad to be of service. I'll be doing the Scout from the GW PHB next. After that I'll likely be doing two (or maybe three) new classes based on the Alternity RPG -- Diplomat and Tech Op.

If I do three, then the third class will be based on the Combat Spec. The Tech Op and Combat spec will have different names, however.

Cheers!

KF72

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Someone from the Gamma World Mail Group pointed out this thread thread on WotC's mesageboards. - KF72

Walmart: Post Apocalypse - Wizards Community

Lots of of fun. ;)

Last edited:

Achan hiArusa

Explorer
That's basically what I did. I used the four character classes from GW 4e along with three of the four alternity base character classes (I nixed the Tech Op being that it was too close to the examiner and didn't include the Adept or the Mindwalker) and then added an adventurer class based on the 3e rules. This was waaayyy before the S&S GW, it was almost right after 3.0 was first put out.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
That's basically what I did. I used the four character classes from GW 4e along with three of the four alternity base character classes (I nixed the Tech Op being that it was too close to the examiner and didn't include the Adept or the Mindwalker) and then added an adventurer class based on the 3e rules. This was waaayyy before the S&S GW, it was almost right after 3.0 was first put out.
so, you're basically saying that great minds think alike. B-)

For me, my "Tech Op" will be a lot different from the Examiner; at least, I hope it will turn out to be different. I haven't really begun to think too much about the Alternity classes and how I want them to mesh with these d20 Modern GW classes.

BTW, I'd be interested in seeing how you did the Alternity classes in d20 format. I assume you still have them, correct?

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Advanced Classes for Gamma World

d20 Modern RPG
  • Bodyguard
  • Daredevil
  • Gunslinger
  • Infiltrator
  • Investigator (*)
  • Martial Artist
  • Negotiator
  • Personality (*)
  • Soldier
  • Techie (*)
* d20 Apocalypse recommends several changes for these advanced classes (pg. 60).

d20 Apocalypse
  • Lawbringer
  • Road Warrior
  • Salvager
Gamma World Player's Handbook
  • Cybercologist
  • Leader
  • Nanosmith
  • Prophet
  • Survivor
  • War Chief
New Concepts
  • Gamma Knight

Last edited:

Achan hiArusa

Explorer
so, you're basically saying that great minds think alike. B-)

For me, my "Tech Op" will be a lot different from the Examiner; at least, I hope it will turn out to be different. I haven't really begun to think too much about the Alternity classes and how I want them to mesh with these d20 Modern GW classes.

BTW, I'd be interested in seeing how you did the Alternity classes in d20 format. I assume you still have them, correct?

It wasn't anything real inspiring: combat spec = fighter, free agent = rogue, and diplomat = noble (from SW). I had a second diplomat variant for Masque of the Red Death D&D 2nd in which I used his ability to choose a second class (soldier = warrior's THAC0 but no multiple attacks, adept/mystic = cast spells as bard but had full penalties of parent class, tradesman = extra NWPs).

Somebody has almost the whole thing (except for Jameson's renaming of the classes) at:

Gamma World d20

sohel1

First Post
you already have threads

you already have threads related to Gamma World on EN World or a web site dedicated to Gamma World using d20 Modern then feel free to post a link here. If you have conversion guidelines for converting other game systems to d20 Gamma World (or vice versa) then feel free to post them (or link them) here as well. (Darwin's World, D&D 3.5, D&D 4e, Modern20, Mutants & Masterminds, True20, etc.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases