The Ultimate d20 Gamma World Thread

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
It wasn't anything real inspiring: combat spec = fighter, free agent = rogue, and diplomat = noble (from SW). I had a second diplomat variant for Masque of the Red Death D&D 2nd in which I used his ability to choose a second class (soldier = warrior's THAC0 but no multiple attacks, adept/mystic = cast spells as bard but had full penalties of parent class, tradesman = extra NWPs).
Ahh, I see. The simplest of conversions. That works too.

Somebody has almost the whole thing (except for Jameson's renaming of the classes) at:

Gamma World d20
Okay, thanks for that link; it will make my work on the Alternity classes easier.

you already have threads related to Gamma World on EN World or a web site dedicated to Gamma World using d20 Modern then feel free to post a link here. If you have conversion guidelines for converting other game systems to d20 Gamma World (or vice versa) then feel free to post them (or link them) here as well. (Darwin's World, D&D 3.5, D&D 4e, Modern20, Mutants & Masterminds, True20, etc.)
:confused: ??? :confused:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM

Alternity Careers as d20 Modern Classes

Combat Spec (i.e Strongarm) [based on Sammy Grimes Gamma World d20]
1. Talent, Improved Weapon Focus
2. Bonus Feat
3. Bonus Feat
4. Talent
5. Bonus Feat
6. Bonus Feat
7. Talent
8. Bonus Feat
9. Bonus Feat
10. Talent

Diplomat [based on Sammy Grimes Gamma World d20]
1. Acquire Contact, Adaptive Learning
2. Command +1
3. Inspire Confidence +1, Talent
4. Adaptive Learning, Bonus Feat
5. Acquire Contact, Command +2
6. Inspire Confidence +2
7. Adaptive Learning, Bonus Feat
8. Command +3, Talent
9. Acquire Contact, Inspire Confidence +1
10. Adaptive Learning

Tech Op (i.e. Technophile)
1. Accelerated Learning, Systems Familiarity
2. Bonus Feat
3. Talent
4. Bonus Feat
5. Talent, Systems Familiarity
6. Bonus Feat
7. Talent
8. Bonus Feat
9. Talent, Systems Familiarity
10. Bonus Feat

Last edited:

Achan hiArusa

Explorer
Ahh, I see. The simplest of conversions. That works too.

Okay, thanks for that link; it will make my work on the Alternity classes easier.

I had written conversions for Empire of the Petal Throne (luckily when Dr. Barker saw it, he gave me his blessing even though I didn't ask him first), Gamma World, Dark Sun, Oriental Adventures, and Masque of the Red Death shortly after 3.0 came out. I also have a Ravenloft conversion which I never put out on the web. I never finished the GW conversion since the mutations were going to be a lot of work because I had at the time 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and Alternity. I have acquired 1st Edition and Metamorphosis Alpha since then.

Glad to help since I did the work about a decade ago (now I feel old) the work was fairly easy :)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Scout

GAME RULE INFORMATION

Scouts have the following game statistics.

Abilities
Scouts need a good Dexterity score. A high Wisdom, Intelligence, and Constitution are all useful in the wild.

Hit Die: 1d8.

Action Points
Scouts gain a number of action points equal to 5 + one-half their character level, rounded down, at 1st-level and every time they attain a new level in this class.

Class Skills
The Scout's class skills, and the key ability for each skill are as follows (see Chapter Two of the d20 Modern RPG for skill descriptions).

Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Disguise (Cha), Drive (Dex), Escape Artist (Dex), Gather Information (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (earth and life sciences, streetwise, tactics, technology: archaic) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Perform (Cha), Pilot (Aerial Mount) (Dex), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), Treat Injury (Wis), Tumble (Dex).

Also, the starting occupation you select can provide you with additional class skills to choose from.
Skill Points at 1st-level: (6 + Int modifier) x 4.
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 6 + Int modifier.
Starting Feats
In addition to the two feats all characters get at 1st-level (see Table 1–2 in the d20 Modern RPG), an Explorer begins play with the Archaic Weapons Proficiency, Simple Weapons Proficiency, Armor Proficiency (light), and Armor Proficiency (medium) feats.

Scout.jpg

CLASS FEATURES
All the following are class features of the Scout class.

Track: The Scout gains Track as a bonus feat at 1st-level.

Aware (Ex): The Scout may add his/her base Will saving throw bonus on Listen and Spot checks to avoid surprise.

Evasion: The Scout gains Evasion as a bonus talent at 2nd-level.

Sniper: Starting at 3rd-level, the Scout gains a +2 circumstance bonus on both attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons. This bonus increases to +4 at 7th-level.

Survival Expert (Ex): Starting at 4th-level, the Scout gains a +2 bonus on skill checks and Fortitude saving throws used to find shelter, to hunt for food, and to avoid damage due to exposure or disease. This bonus increases to +4 at 8th-level.

Bonus Feats: At 3rd-level and every two levels thereafter (5th, 7th, and 9th), the Scout gains a bonus feat. These bonus feats must be chosen from the following list: Acrobatic, Agile Riposte, Combat Reflexes, Defensive Martial Arts, Dodge, Double Tap, Elusive Target, Far Shot, Improved Initiative, Lightning Reflexes, Mobility, Nimble, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Quick Draw, Quick Reload, Shot on the Run, Skip Shot, Snap Shot *, Spring Attack, Survivalist *, Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Finesse, Whirlwind Attack. *These feats are detailed in the Gamma World Player's Handbook.

Increased Speed (Ex): The Scout's base land speed increases by 5 feet at 6th-level and then increases again by an additional 5 feet at 10th-level. This ability stacks with the talents from the Increased Speed Talent Tree.

Talents: The Scout may select one talent at 4th-level, and another every two levels thereafter (6th, 8th, and 10th). The Scout select talents from the Fast Hero Talent Trees (pg. 22–23) and the Dedicated Hero Talent Trees (pg. 28–29) from the d20 Modern RPG. The Scout may also select talents from the Coordination Talent Tree and the Zeal Talent Tree from the Gamma World Player's Handbook.

Last edited:

Kellri

First Post
You can download from my blog - Mutant Manual II (new mutants, naturally) and the Scavenger's Field Guide (equipment, robots) and a few other odds and ends as well for GW 1/2. It's all pretty low-maintenance, so conversion shouldn't be much trouble.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
You can download from my blog - Mutant Manual II (new mutants, naturally) and the Scavenger's Field Guide (equipment, robots) and a few other odds and ends as well for GW 1/2. It's all pretty low-maintenance, so conversion shouldn't be much trouble.
Yep, I already have those. ;)

Evilusion

First Post
Nice work Knight. Only problem you may have is converting some of the mutants powers over(if you use them at all). I guess it all depends on which editon you base the powers on.

Evilusion

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Nice work Knight. Only problem you may have is converting some of the mutants powers over(if you use them at all). I guess it all depends on which editon you base the powers on.

Evilusion
I haven't really thought to much about converting over mutations and other mechanics. I want to get a solid base for character classes and races first. The one thing I don't like about GW 6th Edition is that it didn't include any mutated plants a character race options.

I definitely want that option.

Brutorz Bill

First Post
I just read where the Darwin's World books are going to be made available in print. I'm not a pdf kinda guy so for me this was great news. I heartily recommend DW for d20 P.A. goodness. Even if you don't use the DW Campaign setting there is a ton of cool stuff to use.
Regards,
Brutorz Bill

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I just read where the Darwin's World books are going to be made available in print. I'm not a pdf kinda guy so for me this was great news. I heartily recommend DW for d20 P.A. goodness. Even if you don't use the DW Campaign setting there is a ton of cool stuff to use.
Regards,
Brutorz Bill
I've been seriously trying to get a print copy of the Survivor's Handbook for DW2. I hadn't heard that the rest of the books were going print, however. Did you read this on RPGObjects' website?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases