• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Ultimate Gamer Poll

Which categories apply to you? Check all that apply.

• Male of age 13-45

Votes: 135 84.9%
  • Liberal

Votes: 87 54.7%
  • Somewhat socially inept w/non-gamers

Votes: 42 26.4%
  • Tech-savvy

Votes: 100 62.9%
  • Poorly dressed

Votes: 54 34.0%
  • Monty Python Addict

Votes: 40 25.2%
  • Somewhat odd

Votes: 106 66.7%
  • Video/Computer gamer, too

Votes: 115 72.3%
  • Overweight

Votes: 53 33.3%
  • Scary

Votes: 21 13.2%
  • Above-average intelligence

Votes: 145 91.2%

HalfElfSorcerer

First Post
So, what are you? Check all that apply. I belong to most/all of these categories. Let's see how many members of the ENWorld community fit the mold. Post comments, too, so the thread stays active.

Holy Bovine

First Post
Well I am a male, 32, big Monty Python fan and video game player and I am overweight (but working on it - lost over 80 lbs in the last 2 years, still about 50 lbs to go though :eek: ). I consider myself somewhat tech savvy since I have built my own computer from scratch (I am quite proud of this and would never pay anyone to do it for me now - it was ridiculously easy IMO). I know nothing about programming new software but can usually get the most out of any software I use.

I am not socially inept (I used to think I was but many of my friends have pointed out that I am very much an extrovert and given to starting 'interesting' conversations). Politics bore the snot out of me so I can't say I'm 'liberal' or anything - I rarely agree with any political decisions (but I still vote in every election).

I dress conservatively and reasonably well (I don't buy designer anything - too expensive) I am not scary in the least. I consider myself only average intelligence - I'm not good with fact retention but I do read a lot.

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Hmm, not overweight, scary, or liberal. And while I liked Holy Grail, I can't say that I'm a Monty Python addict.

Last edited:

Gunslinger

First Post
I'm a male teenager, a monty python addict, a console gamer (you know you love console RPGs, the most cliched genre ever), I'm a nike freak so I wouldnt' say I dress badly, but I do tend to be slightly socially inept around non-gamers. I'm not scary at all, but I do have above average intelligence.

Feliath

First Post
Horribly

I am all of those things except overweight. I'm underweight. Also, the poor dressing is a matter of opinion, but I think a bowler hat, white shirt, black vest and black pants classify these days.

And NO, da:rolleyes::rolleyes:it, I'm NOT a Goth! :D

/Feliath

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Hmm.

*Female.
*The political label isn't so easy. I don't care what adults do in private. I vote in every election, but don't belong to a political party, since they both annoy me.
*Extrovert, comfortable with many different sorts of folks. Lots of different interests. I'm generally liked, as far as I know. :p
*Not especially tech savvy. I use computers and the internet every day in both my professional and personal life, but don't know anything about programming, and only a smidgin about html n' stuff.
*I wear expensive, professional clothes to work, usually designer or private label. At home, jeans and t-shirts.
*I find them amusing, but I'm hardly addicted.
*I don't think people describe me as odd. Forthright, extroverted, pushy sometimes, but not odd. I've been called brave more than a few times, and noble once. That was one of the nicest things anyone ever called me, IMO. I've never had a problem making friends or getting a date (when I was single), and if I were perceived as odd, I don't think that would be true.
*Computer games, since the late 80s.
*I gained about 40 pounds a few years ago, when my mother was gravely ill. Stress. But since her death, I've lost it all. So no, not overweight.
*Scary nutty? No. Scary creepy? No. Scary intimidating? Now and then. People don't expect a 5' woman to be forceful, and it freaks them out sometimes.
*Yes. I've been described as 'brainiac' or 'a brain trust' by people who I intimidate (see above), and I finished undergrad & grad school w/ a 4.0 average. I'm confident that if I can't understand something, it's because it hasn't been explained well, rather than it being a deficit in my ability. I realize that attitude might be arrogant, and incorrect too, but there you have it.

Remove ads