• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Unit (Season 4)

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
The Unit and their families were scattered around their community when chlorine gas leaked into the water system, poisoning everyone outside and cutting off communication with the outside world.

This episode was riveting! I find that Unit episodes are kind of hit or miss — but this epsiode was definitely one of the better episodes of any show I've seen on TV this year.

Goodsport

Explorer
Sunday's episode had Jonas and Mack go undercover (with Bob hidden roadside) to lay a trap for Leon Drake for his role in the terrorist plot set in motion in the season premiere by hijacking a Department of Defense truck to plant 100 new passports into Drake's hands that the Unit would then be able to track electronically. However, things went awry and Bob had to run interference between them and the local FBI that eventually showed up at the scene. After a high-speed truck chase and some quick thinking, they pulled off the mission and allowed Drake to escape with the passports. The Unit later checked on the status of the passports and discovered just how large the conspiracy is when they saw the passports had been spread around the world.

Meanwhile, Colonel Ryan, Redcap and Sam were in Paris to discreetly assassinate a known terrorist higher-up in his hotel room. After successfully completing the mission and splitting up, Sam made an advance towards Redcap which she rebuffed. It was later revealed in his living quarters that Sam has been stalking her (judging by all the photos of Redcap on his wall).

Also, the State Department declared Joss a security risk due to her trips to Russia (especially considering that the season premiere's conspiracy seems to lead to someone in Russia), declaring that if she marries Grey, he'd no longer be allowed to serve in the Unit. The other Unit wives agree to help Joss through it, though Molly does so hesitantly.

In two weeks: Sam apparently attacks Redcap and the other Unit members try to apprehend him for it.

-G

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
I gotta say, that assassination creeped me out. It's hard to root for folks who do things like that. I know, it's David Mamet and there's always the moral ambiguity lurking in the background of the Unit's activities, but it still made my skin crawl. On the other hand, it's always nice to see Lothaire Bluteau showing up in shows I like!

Wycen

Explorer
I haven't watched recently for a variety of reasons, but the Sci-fi network had repeats of Level 9, a UPN show that died back in the 90's. The guy who's wife was sleeping with Ryan was a member of the cast. Just thought I'd mention it.

Goodsport

Explorer
Sunday's episode started off with the Unit successfully extracting an American defector to Al-Qaeda from Afghanistan.

Once home, a rebuffed Sam attacked Bridget, after which Jonas discreetly chased him until Sam holed up inside a building which finally took Jonas, Bob and the local SWAT team to finally apprehend him.

However, while Bridget and the rest of the Unit were feeling safe afterward, Sam incapacitated the civilian police officers that were transporting him to jail and escaped alone in their police car.

Meanwhile, Mack and Tiffy were in the process of buying a small house in Wyoming when Mack encountered a woman in the local church who had stolen a baby from the hospital and was only willing to reveal the baby's location to the church's pastor who happened to be away on vacation. Mack finally convinced the woman to whisper the baby's location to him before she was arrested by the local police; Mack and Tiffy then decided to buy the house.

In two weeks: Jonas and Bob find their carefully planned mission thrown into chaos by a random incident.

-G

Last edited:

Goodsport

Explorer
Sunday's episode started off with the Unit planting stories of a possible terrorist attack by the Chinese terrorist organization Fulan Gong with international reporters so that it would take the blame for taking a suitcase filled with secret nuclear submarine plans from a secured Hong Kong vault actually initiated by Jonas and Bob two weeks later.

However, while discreetly escaping the scene with the suitcase, the Hong Kong subway Jonas and Bob were on was stopped by a random suicide jumper. The two eventually barely escaped the investigating authorities with the help of Bridget and the Chinese reporter she met two weeks prior.

Meanwhile, Mack and Tiffy "rescued" their 16-year-old daughter Lissy from a 21-year-old guy she previously met on the internet, and Molly was kidnapped by Leon Drake and Sam after the the latter killed the alcoholic wife whom she was helping and her art dealer husband who was connected to Drake's terrorist organization.

Next week: In the second-to-last new episode of the season, Jonas (and apparently the rest of the Unit) attempts to rescue Molly.

-G

Goodsport

Explorer
Sunday's episode had Bob utilize his contact Anya (played by Scott Foley's real-life wife) from the Russian consulate in Los Angeles to find why Russian Spetsnaz agents (more likely Vympel than Alfa) had recently been eliminating Leon Drake's domestic terrorists on American soil.

Meanwhile, Sam and Drake used their abduction of Molly to keep the Unit from attacking their second warehouse. Jonas then went after Sam and Molly, Bob survived an ambush at Anya's hotel room and Mack ended up cleverly eliminating the warehouse terrorists anyway.

Bridgette then helped Jonas find Molly and flushed out Drake, after which Sam helped Jonas and Molly escape; Bob saved Anya from a Spetsnaz attack outside the opera house and took her in for political asylum in exchange for vital info on ex-KGB agent Armen Kochenko who's apparently running the conspiracy; Kim and Tiffy called the police to report Molly missing.

The info obtained by Bob revealed that the terrorist cell obtained enough uranium for several nuclear bombs and evidence of planned attacks.

An angry Jonas then confronted Colonel Ryan about Ryan's part in Molly having been put in harm's way and Sam's infiltration of Leon Drake's terrorist cell. Ryan defended his actions on grounds of national security, but Jonas vowed that Ryan had pretty much lost the Unit. Molly then asked Jonas to leave the Unit immediately - when he didn't, she left him. :(

Next week: In the season finale, the Unit tries to stop a nuclear bomb from reaching Washington, D.C., Gray gets married to Joss, Molly supposedly leaves Jonas and Colonel Ryan contemplates whether he's still fit to command the Unit.

-G

Remove ads