D&D General The Unofficial Settings You Want Published for D&D

Gnosistika

Mildly Ascorbic
Yes, go do that...and look at the lyrics if you have to. I'm not sure what nice things you are talking about because of the dozen songs I just looked up the lyrics for none mention women. ...are you sure you got the right band? Maybe you're thinking of Manowar? Some of their lyrics are...."strong".
It is in reference to the leaked tweet of the bands misogynistic+racist behaviour.

Silvercat Moonpaw

Adventurer
The setting you get when you plug in everything from 3/3.5e outside specifically published settings (Greyhawk, Forgotten Realms, Eberron, etc). I know it's assumed to be Greyhawk, but having read some Greyhawk stuff I feel like there are numerous details that don't fit and deserve a setting of their own.

GuyBoy

Hero
Wilderlands of High Fantasy carries a great deal of nostalgic kudos; it was partly revamped in 3e days, but with the hoped-for upcoming 5e version of Dark Tower, it is certainly a catch-all setting with a lot of kudos for any anniversaries that might be coming up.
I have fond memories of leading the defence of Tell-Qua against evil hordes and of attempting to overthrow the Virginian Emperor. Less fond memories of a near TPK against the Witches of Marmon.
It would need a careful look to reflect changes in society, and on the negative side, JG suffered from “despicable actions of son of famous RPG father” syndrome! On the positive side, Wilderlands had Jacquays.

Blackmoor lends itself to a cold, bleak and dark setting and is smallish, so could see a Nentir Vale type depth. Temple of the Frog, being arguably the first published adventure, would be cool for a 50th revisit, with good opportunities to develop the town of Loch Gloomen for interesting roleplay.

And, most of all, I can’t speak highly enough of SotSA, developed by @Steampunkette , and mentioned in my early post. To share more detail, it showcases the best elements of Swords and Sorcery, with deep and immersive cultures and history, but is also inclusive and considered. It is truly awesome. I’d 100% recommend anyone to check out the threads related to this superb project.

Remove ads