The Untamed Wilds: Electric Skies

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Weekly post: 2 xp
Druids vs Necromancers
With figurines and a map I randomly rolled out this conflict using TUW:ES rules.
You have no problem exiting the basement and Pips Pet Shop that covers it. Outside the skyscraper Shatterframe is waiting for you in her rebuilt van, and in its safety and comfort you wait for whomever stands victorious.

After fifteen minutes figures begin to emerge from the pet shop. Janice of the Pines is leading them and when you signal to her, she approaches. Her heavy armor is scorched from electric blasts, but she seems unhurt. Following closely at her side is one of the elves you saw before when you lead the BLS to the Dead Lions. She is lithe and seemingly delicate. She has charcoal grey skin and red hair.
Janice says to you, “The Dead Lions are no more. There are other members scattered around the city, but this cabal was their core leadership. I am sorry to tell you that Obrik Shadowstep did not survive the battle. He and another of our assault group were targeted with a thermal explosion by Scarlet Pips. Neither of them survived, but we paid the necromancers back more than we received. We had some losses, but we wiped them out to the last.”
1420596-bigthumbnail.jpg

She put her hand on the shoulder of the elf next to her. “This is Katmus. She received accommodation in this battle for outstanding prowess. Outnumbered three to one, and one of those was Scarlet Pips, she held her own long enough to kill the Dead Lions leader before she was brought down by the other two. We were able to revive her from her wounds. Since Obrik is lost to us, I am giving Katmus his vacated position. If you need to contact the Bright Leaf Society, you may do so through Katmus. I will not have time to deal with you directly.”
Janice authorizes your payment for the evidence, copies the video and lets you keep your copy. Receive 5000 credits

Obrik is removed as a contact.
Katmus is added as a contact and member of the Bright Leaf Society.

The Runners decide to lay low for a few days and not take any jobs while checking out what the city is saying about the Dead Lions. The official story on the VR is that a necromage gang responsible for slave trading, animal cruelty, extortion and murder was wiped out in a shootout with HPD. The story made many of the respected media channels. During the lawful raid HPD Captain Towers was killed in the line of duty. During a short ceremony tomorrow Towers will be given an award for honorable service posthumously.

The unofficial channels hold that the Bright Leaf Society took out the Dead Lions ending a fifteen-year long feud. Nothing of your involvement is said unless you decide to tell someone. What everyone agrees on is that the Dead Lions are gone, and Captain Towers is dead, although she was nowhere near the necromage lair when she died. Asking discreetly about any surviving DL’s you learn that anyone with that affiliation quickly abandoned it, some striking out on their own, and other joining different gangs.

After a week of no repercussions the Runners contact Shatterframe for more work.

Shatterframe says, “I have two new jobs for you to choose from.”
Offer One: Protection detail – Lazarus Shrug, a vehicle manufacturer in El Campo, has hired me to operate a new vehicle from his factory to his office across the city in Vidor. He’s expecting trouble so I’ll want you three to ride along. (Hint: Yes, we’re stealing this thing) Pay: 5000 credits

Offer Two: Courier work: A group of squatters has taken over an abandoned skyscraper in Port Arthur. HPD has them contained but they are contesting their eviction through legal means. They don’t trust the VR or the HPD so they are hiring runners to take their claim to Downtown and file it with the city legal department. Pay: 5000 credits

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Supplemental post:
The day after the aftermath of the Dead Lions Trollick finds a rolled piece of paper sitting on his bed. The message says, “During our proximity the other day we noticed you are developing your magical talents. If you wish us to assist you in discovering the higher mysteries of way lines, contact Katmus. Sincerely, The Bright Leaf Society”

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Hawkeye snorts, "Despite being part of the Houston sprawl, Vidor is so remote as to be relatively neglected. Stealing cars in Vidor is par for the course. I doubt anyone will even blink an eye. Nevertheless, we'd need to be extremely careful. As for the second job, that might be more straightforward, and present fewer complications. HPD won't interfere with the delivery of a legit legal document."

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
OOC: The police force across the entire city is called Houston Police Department, or HPD. Yes there are seperate divisions, but officers are regularly rotated from one district to another to keep them from growing complacent. Since the squatters are appealing to the law, the HPD would not interfere with you three going in, picking up their papers, and delivering them to the legal offices Downtown. Any interference would come from another party.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Hawkeye adds, "I have family near Port Arthur, in Bridge City. It's been years since I've seen my uncle Jimmy. If we take the PA job, I'd like to swing by there, after our task is complete."

Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
During the down time, Trollick will take up the offer of train with the BLS, as well as becoming more familiar with the group’s new contact, Katmus. He will also make a trip to inquire of Zerusk about adding a stone to augment persona or willpower, preferably will.

Hawkeye adds, "I have family near Port Arthur, in Bridge City. It's been years since I've seen my uncle Jimmy. If we take the PA job, I'd like to swing by there, after our task is complete."
Trollick rolls his shoulders and scratches his freshly cropped beard stubble. “I am with Syd. I could take either, but as you are leaning toward the PA job, I’ll suit up for that one.”

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
During the week Trollick takes a leisurely stroll over to Zerusk’s shop and the orc greets him as a friend. The artificer responds to his inquiries that he has a yellow stone (Persona) and a white stone (Willpower), in stock. The price is 1000 credits per stone. After Trollick makes his choice Zerusk will attach the purchased stones to the bracelet. The whole process takes only a few minutes. Since Trollick’s Collegiate is over 10 the stones will provide +2 per stone to the attributes.
OOC: These stones are available for purchase to all players. Until Collegiate reaches 10 the stones only provide +1 to the specific attributes. This increases to +2 once Novice lvl is reached, +3 for Expert, and +4 for Mastery.

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Supplemental post: While on the way to Port Arthur Hawkeye sends a message to Uncle Jimmy to let him know he'll be by to see him. Jimmy sends back an invite to meet him for a VR conversation. In the VR the two can see each other's avatars and speak as though standing right next to each other. Uncle Jimmy's avatar is well known to Hawkeye, a baby in a small green tank with a military helmet and smoking a cigar. As always, nothing in the VR was as it seemed and that cute little tank was actually a feared manifestation of Uncle Jimmy's skills.
After you both verify identities and make sure this conversation is private, he puffs out a smoke ring and says, "It must be fate that you contacted me. As you know I've still been looking into your parents deaths. We knew the home invasion thing was drek, but we had no other motive. Last week the HPD nabbed a member of the the Hudu Krew on a drug inspired stroll and their mages did the whole 'mind warp' trick on him to get him to confess to crimes. One of the things he talked about was a hit job meant to look like a break in at Harold and Pauline Barnes' home. I confirmed it with my connection in the magical department at HPD. Anyone under a mind warp can't lie, which is why they're admissable in court. There were three other gangers present for the murder, but they were also provided security codes by whomever paid them. The one that confessed was low level and doesn't know who hired them, but at least we know what gang it was now. The sleaze HPD has is named Ponder Tom, and we can't get to him. I bet if we ask around to find some of his friends, we might track down some answers."

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases