The Untamed Wilds: Electric Skies

Waynan

Adventurer
Rolls: 99! (Woohoo!), 80, 37 (aw, sh!t), 69, 56, 84.

Syd gives up on his automatic, sets it across his back and grabs his Wilkenson 3T in both hands, samurai style. As he charges at the nearest WW, he says:

"Alright you drek-eating mofos, let's tango."

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Weekly post: 2xp

Still Fighting the WW

Hawkeye: 82+83=165, Trollick: 79+78=157, Syd: 74+99(+80)=253, Gibraltar: 85+80-10=155, Sword Hudu: 80+51-45=86, Bow Hudu 1: 75+64=139, Chansky: 80+59=139, Arlem Soulkilla: 80+11=91, Pretty Bilak: 80+43=123, Wongo 2 (She-Thing): 80+100(+16)=196, Wongo 4 (Blob): 80+32=112, Wongo 5 (Sp-Slayer): 80+66=146, Wongo 6 (Hulk): 80+44=124

Syd: 33, Trollick: 15, Hawkeye: 45, G: 40, Hudus: 30, WW: 30

Hawkeye: 120, Trollick: 142, Syd: 223, G: 115, SH: 56, BH1: 109, Ch: 109, AS: 61, PB: 93, WW2: 166, WW4: 82, WW5: 116, WW6: 94

Syd, WW2, Trollick, Syd, Hawkeye, WW5, G, Ch, BH1, WW6, PB, WW4, WW2, AS, SH, Trollick, Syd, Hawkeye, WW5, G, Ch, BH1

Already engaged with Arlem Soulkilla, Syd thrusts with his Wilkinson sabre. Again, Arlem’s armor turns aside the blade.

Syd: 80+37+25=142, AS: 80+49=129, 142-129=13, 2 damage, AS armor soak: 8-2=6 soak

Wongo 2 swings at Bow Hudu 1 again, but as she moves to strike her foot slips off the vinyl seat she was standing on. She misses and falls forward right into the path of BH1’s bow as she lashes out in response. The solid short bow slams into the side of the Wongo’s helmet, but the heavy material takes the brunt of the strike.

WW2: 80+02 (crit fumble, loses balance)=82, BH1: 75+75+25 (opponent off balance)=175, 82-175=-93, 13 damage, Heavy Helmet: soak 20-13=7

Trollick sends a burst of sound to rattle Arlem Soulkilla while moving in to strike with his fists. The sonic burst rattles AS as he reels from Syd’s strike, but the physical blow grazes off his shoulder.

Trollick: sonic burst: 85+60=145, AS: 80+36=116, 5 damage, 6 soak – 5=1, Fist: 85+60=145, AS: 80+36+25=141, 0 damage

Syd twists and slashes from the other side of Arlem Soulkilla. With the Wongos armor in shreds, the sabre cuts a deep groove in the elf’s side. He screeches and sways, barely standing.

Syd: 80+69+25=174, 80+49=129, 174-129=45, 9 damage, 1 soak -9= 8 damage, Body 10-8=2, 61 speed of action-40 damage penalty=21, move down the list to after Syd

Hawkeye blasts at Chansky again, but the hyped up hitman spins as he dodges. Hawkeye’s errant bullet does not hit a customer.

Hawkeye: 74+55=129, Chansky: 80+97(+99)=276, miss

Wongo 5 strikes at Trollick with his gladius, but his thrust is wide, under Trollick’s armpit. Wongo 5 runs into the back of Trollick, who moves with the force to roll out of the way, leaving Arlem Soulkilla in the path of the diamond edged gladius. WW5 stabs his sword halfway up the blade into AS’s stomach, and Arlem Soulkilla collapses with a pathetic whimper, flopping back off the table.

WW5: 80+01+50=131 (another crit fumble), Trollick: 80+85=165, 131-165=8 damage to adjacent ally, Body: 2-8=6 damage, Mind: 10-6=4

Gibraltar screams her battle cry and runs at WW2 engaged with BH1. She spins as hidden blades in her braids extend in a slash attack. Her grandiose attack fails as WW2 rolls out of the way and Gibraltar only slashes open her own booth cushion.

Gibraltar: 85+60-10+25=160, WW2: 80+00(+18)=198, 135-198=-38, miss

Chansky changes his target and shoots back at the guy trying to blast him but misses Hawkeye. Chansky’s errant bullet strikes the leg of one customer recording the battle behind Hawkeye.

Chansky 80+76=156, Hawkeye: 76+90(+19)=185, 156-185=-29, miss.

BH1 swings again at Wongo 2 with her bow but the elusive Wongo dodges.

BH1: 80+32+25=137, WW2: 80+83=163, fail

Wongo 6 runs at Hawkeye from his right side, trying to slice at his legs. The gladius slaps flat edged into Hawkeye’s shin guard, doing no damage.

WW6: 80+73=153, Hawkeye: 76+75=151, ineffective hit

Pretty Bilak screams in rage as he swings at Trollick, but hits only air with his weapon.

PB: 80+26+25=131, Trollick: 80+80=160

Wongo 4 runs in from Hawkeye’s right side to assist Wongo 6, but as he approaches, he trips over a spilled glass. He runs chest first into the table edge, cocking his head to the side and exposing his vulnerable, unarmored neck. With one quick swipe from the bayonet on his pistol, Hawkeye opens up his throat, and Wongo 4 drops to the ground.

WW 4: 80+03+25=108 (another crit fumble), Hawkeye: 76+82=158, 108-158=50, counter attack/bypass armor, Body: 10-12=-2 Mind, Mind: 10-2=8

Wongo 2 slices at Gibraltar, still trying to bring down the gang leader, but her gladius swings wide.

WW2: 80+06=86, G: 85+23+15=123, miss

Sword Hudu moves up to guard Gibraltar’s flank, but his nearly severed arm keeps him out of the conflict.

Trollick shifts his focus to Pretty Bilak, striking with another sonic blast and a flurry of hands. He feels the sonic burst rock Bilak an instant before his fist strikes his chest.

Trollick: 85+77=162, PB: 80+26=106, 162-106=56, 11 damage, 10 soak -11=Body:10-1=9; Trollick: 85+77=162, PB: 80+26+25=131, 1 damage, Body: 9-1=8

Syd rolls over the bloody table in front of him to move up next to Trollick and stab at Pretty Bilak. The thrust pierces through the orc’s body, and he shudders as he collapses.

Syd: 82+56=138, success; Syd: 80+84+25=189, PB: 80+24-10=94, 189-94=95, 20 damage, Body: 8-20=12 damage to Mind, Mind: 10-12= -2 damage to Essence, Essence: 10-2=8

Unable to ignore a melee opponent at his feet, Hawkeye blasts point blank at Wongo 6 with his revolver. The blast strikes Wongo 6 in the shoulder and rocks him back, but the armor deflects the attack.

Hawkeye: 74+61+25=160, WW6: 80+36=116, 160-116=44, 13 damage, 20 deflect -13=7 deflect

Now standing alone against Trollick and Syd, Wongo 5 slashes at the giant, determined to continue fighting. He hits only air.

WW5: 80+42=122, Trollick: 80+67+25=172, miss

Gibraltar swings at Wongo 2 with her battle staff. The giant woman brings a crushing blow down on top of Wongo 2’s helmet and there is a sickening crunch as the helmet is smashed down into her shoulders. Wongo 2 flops back, finished.

G: 85+97(+33)+15=230, WW2: 80+39=119, 230-119=111, 27 damage, 7 soak -27= 20 damage, Body: 10-20=10 Mind damage, Mind: 10-10=0

Chansky starts sliding back towards the door, but cannot resist another shot at Gibraltar. Sword Hudu attempts to put his body between the gang leader and the shot, but only lurches and falls to the ground, the pain and blood loss too much at last. Chansky misses Gibraltar anyway.

Ch: 80+53=133, SH: 80+70-45=105, G: 85+57=142, miss

Free from melee, Bow Hudu 1 draws an arrow and fires at Chansky. The arrow flies past him.

BH1: 75+34=109, Ch: 80+82=162, miss

End of Round 2

Wild Wongo status: Wongo 5 engaged with Trollick, Wongo 6 engaged with Hawkeye, Chansky will run with his first action

Give six fresh rolls and state intentions

Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Trollick snorts and laughs to himself at the demise of Soulkilla at the hands of his own man. The expression on his face, blanks, and he levels a dead pan stare at he Wongo he is facing. Unseen and perhaps unknown to his foe, while Trollick physically engaging him with his fists, he is simultaneously manipulating mystical way lines to siphon away his enemy's life.
96 + 45, 81, 20, 76, 67, 95 + 40

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Hawkeye twists his body, in order to initiate a step-side kick to Wongo 6, so as to keep him at bay. At the same time, he takes a shot at Chansky, aiming for the thug's left leg, intending to bring him down alive.

78,40,45,73,38,56. What is the deal with these mediocre rolls? LOL.

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
After Syd pulls his Wilkinson sabre from Pretty Bilak's innards, he realizes he's no longer engaged in melee. His eyes land on Chansky, and with a slight nod he prepares to charge this traitor.
91(+57), 43, 84, 71, 30, 53

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Weekly post: + 10 xp for battle success

Stepping Over Wild Wongos
Trollick: 79+96(+45)=220, Hawkeye: 74+78=152, Syd: 82+91(+57)=230, Gibraltar: 85+71-10=146, Bow Hudu: 75+89=164, Ch: 80+36=116, Wongo 5 (Sp Slayer) 80+66=146, Wongo 6 (Hulk) 80+61=141

Syd: 33, Trollick: 15, Hawkeye: 45, G: 40, Hudus: 30, WW: 30

Trollick: 205, Hawkeye: 107, Syd: 197, G: 106, BH1: 134, Ch: 86, WW5: 116, WW6: 111

Trollick, Syd, BH1, WW5, WW6, Hawkeye, G, Trollick, Syd, Ch, BH1, WW5, WW6, Hawkeye, G, Trollick

Unintimidated by the Wongos bloodlust, Trollick attacks with martial arts and magic. He feints to draw off the diamond edged gladius, and jabs a fist into the collar bone of WW5, using his will to burn away the life force of his opponent.
Trollick: 85+81=166, Wongo 5: 80+53=133, 3 Body damage-bypass armor, 1 fist damage, Body: 10-3=7, Soak: 10 soak -1=9 soak, Speed of Action loss - 15: 116-15=101, move down the line to after Trollick

Syd leaps onto a table to take a direct route at Chansky. While not as graceful as he had planned, he is able to lurch over the tables and charge across the open area to reach Chansky. He tries to block the sabre strike with his pistol, but Syd slides the blade under his block and pierces through his leather armor.
Syd: 82+43=125, success, Syd: 80+84=164, Ch: 80+11=91, 164-91=73, 16 damage, 10 soak -16=6 Body damage, 10 Body -6=4 Body, Speed of Action loss: -20, 86-20=66, no change

Bow Hudu, uncaring as to whether Syd is struck accidentally or not, fires her bow at Chansky again. Her aim is off considerably, and the arrow strikes Syd in the back. The arrow glances off his armor, thankfully.
BH1: 75+16=86, miss, 50% chance to strike Syd: 99, hits Syd, BH1: 75+24=99, Syd: 80 accident strike, undefended = 99-80=19, 3 damage, 25 deflect-3=22 deflect

Wongo 6 slashes at Hawkeye again with his gladius. The diamond edged blade slices across Hawkeye’s midsection, but fails to cut through his heavy armor.
WW6: 80+90(+05)=175, Hawkeye: 75+40=115, 175-115=60, 15 damage, 20 soak -15=5 soak

Hawkeye attempts to kick Wongo 6 back out of melee, turn and shoot at Chansky. Wongo 6 grabs Hawkeye’s foot and attempts to bring his sword down across his shin. Hawkeye twists out of his grip, but loses his chance to blast Chansky.
Hawkeye: 73+45=118, WW6: 80+74=154, fail

Gibraltar points at Sword Hudu bleeding on the floor and angrily screams at Bow Hudu, “Get him to a healer!” She leaps the bodies at her feet and charges right at Chansky to help bring the bastich down. Still reeling from Syd’s attack, Chansky can’t avoid her battle staff and Gibraltar delivers a crushing blow to his ribs. The pistol falls from his hand, and he drops limp to the floor.
G: 85+50+15=150, Ch: 80+19-20=79, 150-79=71, 17 damage, 4 Body -17=13 Mind damage, 10 Mind-13=3 Essence damage, 10 Essence-3=7

Trollick strikes again, but this time Wongo 5 twists his body and knocks his hand away.
Trollick: 85+20=105, WW5: 80+47-15=112, fail

Wongo 5 looks over to where Chansky is dying and attempts to break from melee to run from combat. He swings his gladius in a wide slash, but Trollick catches his arm, and slaps a huge hand onto his chest, using his previous technique to burn his life force away. The diamond edged gladius slips from his hand and Wongo 5 goes limp.
WW5: 80+18-15=83, Trollick: 85+76=161, 83-161=-78, 7 Body damage, bypass armor, Body: 7-7=Body: 0

Syd sees that Wongo 6 is the only opponent still active. He circles around the tables to block off any attempt at escape.

Wongo 6 looks around at the battle end, drops his sword and surrenders.

Battle Ends

Moments after the end of the fight, more members of the Hudu Krew start pouring into the Axelrad Lounge. They begin carrying away bodies, collect all the dropped gear, and take the prisoner into custody. Since you three are supposedly only here on business, you do not argue the point with the Hudus. The helmets are stripped off to identify the assailants, and Chansky, Arlem Soulkilla, and Pretty Bilak are indeed among the Wongos. The other attackers were known members of the rival gang.

Gibraltar gathers the Runners and says with a big smile on her face. “Now I know how the Wongos knew when to attack. Chansky had gathered what was left of the Wild Wongos, told them all he knew about us, and decided to take me out here so he could lead his own gang. If you chummers hadn’t helped me out, the Wongos would have chopped me to bits. So, because I know you didn’t do it out of any love for me, what can Gibraltar do for y’all?”

State questions for Gibraltar and state intentions

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Hawkeye nods, and says, "As a matter of fact, you might be able to help us out on a gig we're on. We've been running down leads on a hit that the Hudus did before your tenure with them. It seems that they hit a couple of targets with friends in high places; those friends now want the people responsible brought back... preferably alive. Which means they probably won't remain that way for long. But hey, that's not a concern of ours, is it?

At any rate, we're looking for the people who helped Ponder Tom with a particular hit last year; victims were a married couple by the name of Barnes. Tom himself is in HPD custody, so we can't exactly talk to him. But we know that he had three guys with him on that job. We're hoping to find out from one of those three guys who funded the hit. The friends of the victims aren't really that concerned with the grunts that did the actual killing. They don't want the pawns, they're interested in the king himself, if you get my meaning. Pawns are a dime-a-dozen. They do what they're told. It's the king who gives the orders. Checkmate the king, and the game is over, ya know? Any help you could give us would be appreciated."

Hawkeye intends to do more listening than talking. He will negotiate in a polite, professional manner.

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Once the adrenaline of combat fades, Trollick instinctively checks himself, surprised at the lack of injury. Hearing that Hawkeye has already launched into a grand speech, he stands idle by, watching the activity of the Hudu's and making sure nothing seems amiss. He listens for Gibraltar's reply and watches her body language when she does.

Once the conversation between Hawkeye and Gibralter has finished, Trollick engages her. "Perhaps as token of this favor that you offer, you will allow me a holding card. There may come a time when, in the course of a future job, your particular expertise of knowledge may become pertinent. The card would allow me to call on you at such a date without undue suspicion or hostility from your crew, should some of your membership or frontmen change. The payment due on such a card would still be at the discretion of your integrity, of course. It is a favor you offer not a debt I hold."

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Syd keeps his back to the wall and his eyes peeled, not trusting Gibraltar or these Hudu's, half of which he doesn't even recognize. He doesn't bother to wonder at Chansky's betrayal, and it didn't bother him a bit to put the bastich down. After this bit of biz is over he hopes he never hears the words 'Hudu Krew' again.

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Weekly post: +2xp

Settling Up
Hawkeye: At any rate, we're looking for the people who helped Ponder Tom with a particular hit last year; victims were a married couple by the name of Barnes. Tom himself is in HPD custody, so we can't exactly talk to him. But we know that he had three guys with him on that job. We're hoping to find out from one of those three guys who funded the hit. The friends of the victims aren't really that concerned with the grunts that did the actual killing. They don't want the pawns, they're interested in the king himself, if you get my meaning. Pawns are a dime-a-dozen. They do what they're told. It's the king who gives the orders. Checkmate the king, and the game is over, ya know? Any help you could give us would be appreciated.

OOC: For this encounter all your negotiation attempts are auto-success. You literally did just save this woman’s life, and showing gratitude will help her street cred.

Gibraltar nods. “Well you won’t get anything out of Ponder Tom. He was shot trying to escape from HPD, which of course means no one paid his bail because he pissed me off for the last time. You want to know about a hit? Barnes? Give me a minute.” She sits in one of her booths, sets a VR headset over her braids and goes still. She comes back in less than a minute and Hawkeye receives a message with a file attached.

“That’s all I know about it,” she says.

The file was created by Nice Guy Larry, showing him as a slender elf with sharp cheekbones and a spiked, green faux-hawk. The video is a conversation between the former gang leader and a man in a pin-striped purple and black suit. He is wearing a long-brimmed black hat, goggles and a mask over his face.

Striped suit man: “I have more work for you. There are three mechanical engineers I need snuffed, Abraham Zuebrini, Tess Milkner, and Pauline Barnes. I’ve sent you the file with their information. They all have spouses, so do them too, home invasion type stuff. I don’t want anyone looking into this, so I’ll make the usual arrangements with HPD to put minimum effort on the case. There won’t be any heat for this. Make it messy, and take whatever you want, but I want your best killers. I need all three engineers dead before next week.”

Nice Guy Larry: “Yeah, no prob, chummer. I’ll see to it myself with my regular crew. They just like to kill and plunder. They don’t care why.”

The information includes the file which has the addresses and family information for each of the three targets.

Gibraltar holds up a finger. “The Hudu Krew has had dealings with the suit man since long before my time. Nice Guy Larry didn’t know who was behind the mask, and neither do I. I still have regular meetings with the same guy, and he wears that same outfit every time. Here’s where we can help each other out, because I want out from under this naughty word. I have another meeting with the Striped Suit Man two days from now. I’ll give you the address and time, and you can do your thing. Just make sure he doesn’t talk to anyone afterwards. You don’t want this guys friends after you.”

Perhaps as token of this favor that you offer, you will allow me a holding card.

Gibraltar replies with a smile, “Sure, I’m willing to owe you a favor. I don’t know how you stood against three gangers with diamond sharp gladii, and walked away without a scratch on you. I’m glad y’all came to see me today. Think about it and message me.”

OOC: all the player will have to do is state in a post that they are messaging Gibraltar to use their favor. Opportunities for roleplaying.

When Gibraltar turns to Syd, he calmly says, “I want a Magnum Foster, also known as the Foster Child.”

Gibraltar’s face sinks from shock. Then she nods and grins. “They told me you used to be Hudu. Musta known a few hefties to be able to make that claim. Alright, wait here.” Gibraltar walks through the back door near where her table sits and after a few tense minutes returns. In her hands she holds a full auto two-hand firearm.
The Magnum Corporation produces it, and Brendan Foster was the designer. Magnum made it for high-end security forces. The weapon was deemed too dangerous for street use and production was banned. Only a few thousand made it out of the factory, and at least half that have been confiscated by HPD (but only officially destroyed). The weapon is light and compact compared to other two handed full-auto firearms, but just as deadly.

Magnum “Foster” aka “Foster Child”

Full Auto- Two Hand04040 (clip)
100 (belt)
8 lbs-15 Reaction
Full Auto Firearms can engage multiple targets in one attack. Incurs an extra -20 Reaction Time per extra target.

State intentions

Last edited:

Remove ads